Start by marking “A Beautiful Mess: How God re-creates our lives” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Mess: How God re-creates our lives

A Beautiful Mess: How God re-creates our lives

This profound little book encourages us to set aside our limited expectations, and to fall in line with God’s. Human beings like organization, structures, plans; God grows people. We ask for a budget; God offers us love. If you are aiming at relationship rather than performance, how do you measure effectiveness? How do you write a mission statement, yet allow God space to ...more
Published August 13th 2014 by Monarch Books

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Mess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Mess

Cigno
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a beer app on my phone where I rate all the different craft beers I've tasted. Sometimes I rate the beers as objectively as possible, based on how well they stand up to what they say they are and how they compare to other beers of the same style. Other times I rate the beers completely subjectively; did I like the beer and how much did I like it, that's it.
I am giving this book 5 stars and it is completely subjective. This book and its subject matter landed on me at the exact right momen
Hans Drayer
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a pity that there is no dutch translated publication of this book. It deserves a wider Dutch public. Strickland has become one of my favourites among inspirational speakers and this is the first book of her that I have read. And I am stunned. Danielle has the gift of explaining the Bible in new ways.
You have to read this book when .... your life is a mess and you are constantly fighting against it.... you think you can never overcome your sorrows ..... when you can't find rest in your life
Amanda
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. She looks at things differently and I love it.
Tabitha Vohn
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
What a tremendous way to start the new year! Strickland presents this unique, spiritual, motivational approach to not only dealing with "chaos" in one's life, but expecting and welcoming it as it brings about positive change, creation, and beauty, all of which only happens through a chaotic beginning and eventual reshaping of the chaos.

This was exactly what I needed at this point in my life and I am so happy I gave A Beautiful Mess a chance to motivate me for the new year.
Laurie
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: devotional
Not a scholarly read (in fact she makes one very good point about freedom from slavery, but bases it on when Genesis was written, and I think she is mistaken)-- but the main idea, that we are continually participating in God's recreation of ourselves, our lives, community and world...and it's messy...is strongly, compellingly made. A lovely little book with excellent questions (deeper than most) for reflection at each chapter's end.
Monica
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I heard Danielle speak at a conference and was so inspired by her message and mission. I picked up the book at the conference and it was pretty good - a quick read.
Shaylin