Start by marking “Visions in Death (In Death, #19)” as Want to Read:
Visions in Death (In Death, #19)

Visions in Death

(In Death #19)

On one of the city's hottest nights, New York Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas is sent to Central Park - and into a hellish new investigation. The victim is found on the rocks, just above the still, dark water of The Lake in Central Park. Around her neck is a single red ribbon. Her hands are posed, as if in prayer. But it is the eyes - removed with such precision, as if done b ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published February 1st 2005 by Berkley Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Visions in Death, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lisa
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Phrynne
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4000-books
I know I have read all these books before but it makes no difference, they are still great! Still worth every bit of the five stars I keep giving them!

Visions in Death has so many good bits in it. The scene where Mavis asks Eve and Roarke to be present at the baby's birth is unforgettable and it was good to see Roarke for once as unable to handle things as Eve was. The last part of the book after Peabody has her accident was very emotional. And then the sudden twist at the end just when you thin
Jilly
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
You remember that scene in the Alien movie where the alien comes bursting through that guy's stomach in a bloody, disgusting mess? I think this is Eve's idea of what happens in the delivery room during the miracle of birth. She is more than just a little freaked out that her bestie, Mavis, wants Eve to be there during the birth of her baby. Of course, Roarke is totally understanding of Eve's feelings:

"Take a drink, darling," Roarke said with a laugh in his voice. "Put your head between your kne
Mo
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid read. I am out of town for a while so reviews might be a bit sparse.

Significant change in some of the relationships in this one. For the better, I might add.

Karla

5 Stars!! Another great read for a series that never disappoints and an author who always delivers!!

J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts does it again. She manages to write another engaging mystery with characters that are familiar, and seem to develop with each book. In this one, the relationship between Eve and Peabody solidifies itself, it was always a good one, but a defining moment not only strengthens their partnership, but also their friendship. Eve opens up to Peabody and she finally realizes how much
Hulya Kara Yuksel
I LOVE Eve & Roarke sooooo much. <3

He pressed a hand to her shoulder to hold her down when she started to spring up. "I'm your wake-up call, complete with coffee." He moved the cup into her line of sight.
And watched her eyes glaze over with longing.
" Gimme."
He eased back, handed it over, waited while she took her first, desperate swallow. "You know, darling, if caffeine ever makes it to the illegals list, you're going to have to register as an addict."
"They try to make coffee an illegal,
♥Sharon♥
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Quick review....

How does this J.D. do it? Seriously? #19 and it is another FABULOUS installment to this never ending series!!! ❤

Alex ♈
Suspense 5 stars / Romance 4.5 stars

A serial killer, who beat and raped his victims and cut their eyes off. Bloody hell. Horrible.
Reading about his private chemistry at the end made me pause and breath deep. Inhuman.
A sudden ‘help’ of psychic, who sees the murder in her dreams.
Twist at the very end caught me by surprise. I didn’t expect it. Totally shocked.

Romance. Sweet caring strong Roarke. He saw a lot in his life, but this case affected him too.
Peabody was hurt, she was one of the victims.
Obsidian
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, tbr-2017
After reading the latest In Death books, I went back to my bookshelf this weekend and re-read some of my favorites. It was nice to see what drew me to this series and what I hope to see again one day.

"Visions in Death" follows Eve and company as they try to track down a serial killer. I really do love this one because we get to see the friendship of Eve and Peabody come full circle. We have fan favorites like Louise and Charles show up too (I love Charles). We have Feeney, Summerset, and Mavis.
Carolyn
This was another excellent episode in this very good series by J.D Robb. Eve Dallas and her partner, the new promoted Delia Peabody have a lot on their hands with a serial killer killing and mutilating women walking through parks at night. They know they need to rapidly work out his motives and how he picks his victims if they are to stop him before the bodies pile up even more but so far he has left no clues behind. When a psychic approaches Eve to tell she she has seen visions of the killings, ...more
Irene Sim
WOW, I didn't expect that ending.....
Mei
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Another excellent one!

Loved how Eve were looking at working with a sensitive! :)

Also, the moment when Mavis asked Eve and Roarke to be godparents to her baby! Their panic was hilarious! LMAOOOO

I felt for poor Peabody... and Ian while waiting in the hospital... Poor guy...

On the the next one!
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book - this was actually the very first book I read in the series, liked it so much had to buy the all the others and read them from the start.

Excellent series of books.

John Blue is the epitome of serial killers - and poor Peabody in this book. Lots of dialogue and detective work, then mix in a psychic with an agenda of her own and that equals a very fluid read!

Two thumbs up and 5 solid stars!
Lena
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
50176362-331B-4574-BC4A-5EF1FFFAFBAD.jpg

Oh the one-two punch ending!

Book nineteen and Eve finally tells Peabody about her past abuse. This whole book was very Peabody in the best way. She’s become her own badass - finally.

There’s a serial killer on the loose in New York and a psychic has offered her assistance. Eve will take any help save lives but she’s no mark.

Memorable!
Shawna
5 stars - Romantic Suspense/Futuristic/Romantic Thriller

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but holy cow this series is freaking fantastic with amazing characters I just can't get enough of! And this is definitely one of my favorite ID books, so far. The part where Peabody (view spoiler) had me sobbing like a baby. I'm diving into the next one!
Ann Lou
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read. Great series. Great characters. I want to be Eve's partner and kick some serious ass. I want to make friends with all of them and maybe just maybe if I could get away with it, give Roarke a big kiss on the lips. Yeah, yeah... I am a perve. What can I say? Roarke is the best. *dreamy sigh*

So in here, we have a serial killer that beats, rapes, strangles women to death. Not only that, he mutilates them by taking out their eyes postmortem. *shudders* The private cemetery and that
Aly is so frigging bored
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, mistery
1st read: 21 June - 7 July 2013

2nd read: 30 September - 11 October 2015
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
Another thrilling instalment of an awesome series. I absolutely loved this. The mystery as usual was top notch but its the characters that really make these books. Dallas, Roarke, Peabody, McNab, Feeney, Mavis. I love reading about all of them and seeing their interactions especially in this book, really made the story come alive. The mystery kept me glued to my chair till the end and i love the little twists and turns that the author. I cannot wait to continue reading on with this series.

In my
⚜️Trea
This installment was amazing! The mystery was very well done, and I had no clue until the reveal as to who was the culprit! Also, there was an amazing twist in regards to the culprit! The realizations that Eve came to in regards to Peabody during the course of the investigation were both necessary and heartwarming. The fact that (view spoiler) was especially touching, especially Peabody's reaction toward th ...more
Anastasia
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Visions in Death by J.D.Robb is book 19 in the In Death series. Eve is called to a brutal murder and rape in Central Park and a psychic claims to have seen the murder and offers to help. Another amazing book that I could not put down. I don't know how she does it, but each book seems to get better and better. I cried when Peabody was attacked and it was very emotional and touching how all her friends rallied around her. An incredible ending with a twist I did not see coming.
Another entertaining and heartbreaking installment in the In Death series! Visions in Death involved a serial killer who kidnapped, raped, and strangled victims then taking their eyes for trophies. Homicide lieutenant Eve Dallas is sent into a detailed and brutal investigation that shows how cruel people can be to others. Anything to do with eyes always freaks me out so I had a hard time reading about the bodies in this book, but JD Robb kept me listening late into the night like always. Here's ...more
Steve
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, in-death
I quite enjoyed the premise of this book, and while parts left me blanching, other parts had me grinning ear from ear. The supporting cast was a bigger presence in this book, which is always good to read, and the action building up to a brilliant climax was excellent as always. I guessed the final twist about a chapter before it happened, which was a little sad, but it was still rather enjoyable. Can't wait to read the next one.
İlkim
Çok uzun sürdü ama ben vakit bulamadım okumaya, yoksa inanılmazdı. Mükemmel bir sondu, çok çok iyi yazılmış yine. Eve ve Roarke zaten muhteşem de bu seferki biraz yakınlara da değiniyor. Ama o ufak detay... mükemmelsin Nora abla.
Ana Luisa
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ok, agora é que foi… Depois de 19 livros e de muita emoção à mistura, este foi o livro que mais empolgada me deixou. Caramba! É verdade que todos os livros me deixam sempre com um sentimento muito especial e que nunca me desiludem, mas este foi aquele que mais surpreendida me deixou, principalmente com aquele final…

Estou neste momento a pensar se todos os livros, a partir daqui, irão seguir este caminho. É que se assim for não vou conseguir aguentar… (Brin
Lauren
Visions in Death
4 Stars

Eve and her team investigate a series of vicious murders of young women. In a strange turn of events, Eve finds herself consulting a psychic whose visions are eerily accurate. Will they be able to find the killer before he attacks again?

Despite the futuristic setting, Robb's characters and stories demonstrate that people are the same no matter the century. Whether it be hatred, jealousy and fear, or love, friendship and family, human nature does not change.

While the story
Robin
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, mystery
Lt. Eve Dallas is called to Belvedere Castle in Central Park. A body of a woman has been found on the rocks below the castle. She has been beaten and raped. The red cord around her necks shows she was strangled. But the worst part is her eyes have been removed. As Eve and her partner, Peabody, work the case, another eyeless victim is discovered in another city park. A psychic comes forward offering her help. She seems to know actual details of the cases that haven't been released to the public. ...more
Elvan
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks, re-read
With a couple of exceptions (NY2D, Treachery) Visions falls in the middle of the peak years of the InDeath series in my opinion. One excellent book after another with a few near misses. Visions is top 10 for me. Blue is my favourite kind of serial killer; he's cold blooded and hard to track. Add a screwed up past history and John Blue, like the Groom enters into the really whacked killers category.
Now mix in a bit of Celina Sanchez and Peabody and JD manages to add a bit of woo woo without annoy
Caro
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-death
A really good but tough one. Written well and definitely pulls you and puts you in the book. Emotions, tough parts case-wise and personally, some good upbeat parts to balance it out, good friends and personalities, suspense and a little action, some touchy areas, a definite twist that I totally didn't see coming and a good ending. A great read that drowns you and has you sucking in a breath when you surface. Can't wait to read more with my hero Lieutenant Eve Dallas, Roarke's Cop. She is the Ult ...more
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
(Eve)"Hold on. You have to give them a gift for moving?"
"Uh-huh. Plus they're shacking, so it should be a couple thing." She (Mavis) ate another canape, fed one to Leonardo.
"Why does there have to be a gift for every damn thing?" Eve complained.
"Retail conspiracy." Roarke patter her knee.
"I bet it is," Eve said darkly. "I just bet it is."
Kathy Davie
Oh man, this was unexpected...people...they can be amazingly selfish and nasty. Eve clears up a serial killer case from Divided in Death and starts to learn the joy of friendship. Nice step forward.
Sam
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I always know when I read one of these it's going to be good. They are a guilty pleasure and I love this series so much! There was a really intense moment that nearly had me crying but it ended well so there were no tears shed. Eve Dallas, you are my hero!
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #4)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
“You're earlier than expected, and appear to have gotten through the day without destroying any article of clothing. I must note this event down on my calendar."

"Bitch when I'm late, bitch when I'm early. You could go pro on the bitching circuit.”
29 likes
“You're a cold bitch, Dallas."
"Yes, I am."
"Well, I suppose if I'd been murdered I'd want a cold bitch looking for my killer.”
22 likes