Start by marking “Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)” as Want to Read:
Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)

Reunion in Death

(In Death #14)

A birthday bash sets the scene for a frightening reunion with a killer from Eve Dallas's past. At exactly 7:30 p.m., Walter Pettibone arrived home to over a hundred friends and family shouting, surprise! It was his birthday. Although he had known about the planned event for weeks, the real surprise was yet to come. At 8:45 p.m., a woman with emerald eyes and red hair hande ...more
Published 2004 by Piatkus (first published March 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion in Death

Start your review of Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)
Hulya Kara Yuksel
-My most favorite book in this series so far...-

With each book I'm loving this series more and more but so far this book is my most favorite in this series. It was so emotional, so raw... I felt Eve & Roarke's joy and sorrow. Eve faced with her past and as always Roarke was with her. People who read it will understand me but that scene made me cry like river. But also another scene made me cry too but thank god, it was because of the happiness. :) Their first anniversary as a married couple. :)
Phrynne
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reunion in Death is, I think, one of the best books in the entire series. It certainly runs thought the entire gamut of emotions, from laughter at all the witty conversations to tears when Eve goes back to Dallas and faces some of her fears.
This is also one of the books where Roarke goes almost too far in the direction of controlling male. I always like to see him as perfect and he is most certainly not this time!
Amazing too that Roarke and Eve have only been married one year. An awful lot has h
Mo
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The bed was covered in a spread exploding with what she thought might have been poppies ...

There was one particular scene in this book that was heartbreaking. I cried for Eve ... and for Roarke, who cannot change the past.

Watching her, knowing he had no choice but to watch her live the nightmare, Roarke broke inside.

Roarke seems to be trying to ingratiate himself into her work life more and more ... I don't mind that. We get to see more of him. Eve, though, is not too pleased.

"Darling
Alex ♈
Suspense 4.5 stars / Romance 4.5 stars

A female killer! Call me a sick f*ck, but I think the authors discriminate our gender by writing almost all villains as males... I liked to read about a case with a female murderer. She was a very strong and clever opponent to the brilliant Eve.

Eve was / is / will always be the best!

Romance. I liked their time/his support in Dallas, but was slightly annoyed with Roarke toward the end. Stubborn man, but guess what? Eve can be stubborn too!
Karla
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars**
Jilly
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I skipped this one when I read the series because I couldn't get it at the time, so reading this book was like going back in time in the series set in the future. And, I gotta say, this is one of those series that gets better as it goes on.

In this one we have a lady poisoning rich old men.

She's maybe taking this a little too literally.

Eve is going to get her, don't worry. She's a strong, powerful woman who is determined to kick this chick's ass because she's making it personal. And, all the men
Mei
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
“By the way, Peabody looked wonderful. Love’s in the air.” (Luise)
“Something’s in the air,” (Even grumbled)

”I know where I am and when I am. And that we’ve got an anniversary coming in a couple of days. And, Carlo, I’ve never loved you more.” (Eve)

”I feel exactly the same way, Miranda. ---- If you’re feeling better, perhaps I can let the children in. Carlo Junior, Robbie, Anna and little Alice are anxious to see their mum.” (Roarke)

Mmm… this seems something Eve could ask, but I’m not sure ho
♥Sharon♥
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fourteen books in and I am still LOVING everything about this series.

I LOVE that Roarke and Eve feel so real to me. Their love, their lives and all the challenges they face.

I LOVE each of the side characters and how they are developing. Peabody is my favorite right now. The ebb and flow of her and Eve’s relationship is just perfect. She is funny and sweet. Feeney, McNab, Mira, Summerset and Whitney continue to shine as well.

I LOVE that with each book there is no need for some big revelation or
Jaya
The supposed crime/thriller story of this instalment was the weakest and least convincing of the lot, imho. However! The rest of the personal drama made of up for all the entertainment that was lacking.
Carolyn
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, crime, futuristic
When wealthy businessman Walter Pettibone is murdered at his sixtieth birthday party, Detective Eve Dallas is quick to recognise the face of the person who killed him. It's someone she helped put in jail ten years ago but now she's served her time and is out of jail seeking revenge. Eve can't work out her motive for killing Walter Pettibone - or her next victim and is frustrated by the lack of leads in tracking her down. But the murderer has plans to meet up with Eve again and is planning the pe ...more
Carol
4+ stars.⭐⭐⭐⭐
Another superb addition to this wonderful series.

Definitely some raw and emotional moments for Eve here...as she comes face to face with her dark and challenging past again....but she consistently proves herself to be.... one tough chick, cop and badass.

Every book in this series so far has been an absolute pleasure to read. They are engaging, witty, smart and fun with an interesting mystery at the core of each story....... and I still expect to be saying exactly that even when.....
Cyndi
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Reread August 2018 — Eve and Roarke come to their first wedding anniversary. It’s been a wild ride and they are still learning each other.
In this story our villain is a woman Eve put away 5 years earlier. Now she’s out on parole and ready to continue her killing spree. This time its vengeance. Every man who crossed her path and pissed her off is up for a glass of champagne...with poison added for flavor. She also wants to make the only woman to ever beat her pay. That would be our favorite mur
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ Wow! How does this series just keep getting better and better? I usually listen to the audio, because Susan Ericksen does such an exceptional job with the narration, but I found myself “stranded” with only the paperback in hand.

So many memorable scenes with wonderfully developed characters in this one, even the cat, Galahad.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Another good one and more so because the killer was a female. She was smart and I felt like Eve had to work more for this one.Loving the series more and more.
Ann Lou
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story. A killer from Eve's past came back to taunt her and to wage war against her. A stone cold killer who targets wealthy older men who meticulously researched the victims background and habits.

My heart just about broke for Eve when she returned to confront her past. It was a nightmare but still she faced it with Roarke beside her. I couldn't love him more for it.

"I can't imagine not wanting you so that it puts an ache inside me. Seeing you, smelling you, touching you so everythi
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I really do adore this series and maybe it is because it's been awhile since I've read one but this was so hard to put down. I adore Eve and Roarke and have always loved their crazy and slightly messed up dynamic. Their love it real, no matter how ugly that sometimes gets. I loved seeing them work together just a bit more in this instead of butting heads like they usually do. A well thought out plot line that kept me turning the pages furiously.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

REUNION IN DEATH is hands down the best book in the series. It could possibly be one of the best books I’ve ever read. I consider all the In Death books to be above most books in terms of writing and characters but with this book, Robb has really surpassed herself exponentially.

Robb takes a different approach to this book. We find out who the killer is early on, but in order to shut her down, we need to find the motive. As a birthday party becomes a murder scene, Eve Da
Irene Sim
I loved it.
This case was really hard on Eve, she had to face her past and it was very difficult on both Eve and Roarke.
I loved Peabody's parents, they are so diffenent from their daughter. And Peabody, spread her wings and had her own case. I was equally invested in her case as Eve's as well.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: J.D. Robb Fans, Mystery, Romance
5 Experiencing Everything With Them Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
This entry was one of the most intense so far for me. It was the case that was the culprit; it was the continuing PTSD Eve has from her childhood. Due to the release of a past murderer from "the cage", Eve is hunting her down once again. The killer thinks she and Eve have much in common...Eve proves her wrong.

But to do so, the journey in catching this killer leads Eve to a place she never wanted to go to again.
The telling of this s
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great read - love the fight scene at the end especially, plus things get blown up a couple of times!

We meet Peabody's parents (and I really like their characters). My "favourite" female serial killer on the loose using her speciality "arsenic poisoning" and then happily set up and apprehended in Eve fashion!

Two thumbs up and 5 stars!
Jo
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Love this series. Yes, it's a police procedural (set in 2059), and she's a homicide cop and her cases are generally pretty convoluted and/or horrific. (And the bad gal in this case is evil!) But the reason I keep coming back in the ongoing development of the main characters. I love the development of Eve's (Dallas) & Roarke's marriage and their relationship to and with each other -- this book brings us to their first wedding anniversary. I love the love the continuing development of Ev ...more
Poonam
This was an OK read. What draws me to this series is the futuristic aspect and the investigation interwoven with it!
But this book concentrated more on the personal aspect of Eve Dallas's life. There was too much info dump on her emotions and relations and I just felt like skipping all those chapters....

From the start we know who is the culprit. The book is all about Eve finding the killer to stop anymore killings and (view spoiler).

The ma
❆ Crystal ❆
3.5 stars for this installment in the In Death Series. The mystery and crime of this book was awesome, and I enjoyed it very much. I didn't enjoy that this book took another long look into the tragic and horribly events of the past when Dallas was 8. It's really the ONLY thing I don't like about this series and I appreciate the books where it just touches on the subject.... although I wish we could just be done with it and it doesn't have to play a part in each book.
Also, this book felt really
Penni
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I hate what Roarke did going around Eve in this book - and in the previous one. I think he gets off too easy with it. And I hate Whitney in those situations also. I also don't really like the ending.

I liked their anniversary celebration, Phoebe and Sam, and the trip to Dallas. It's always a bit of a see-saw to me in this book with those things I like and those things I don't.
I've totally fallen in love with this series and lately I just can't seem to get enough of Eve and Roarke. Reunion in Death has a lot of emotional upheaval for Eve, as always she has a killer to track down but in this book she's also forced to face more of her past when the case takes her to Dallas to interview a potential witness. I always find it really painful seeing Eve relive her childhood traumas and this book was even more heart wrenching than the others but it's good to see her learning ...more
Lauren
Reunion in Death
4 Stars

In her latest case, Lieutenant Eve Dallas investigates the poisoning of a wealthy business man. After ruling out the obvious suspects, Eve realizes that the victim was targeted by a newly paroled prisoner - a killer that Eve was responsible for incarcerating. With vengeance in mind, the killer has set her sights on Eve and is determined to fulfill her deadly agenda.

The mystery in this installment is interesting, mainly due to the sociopathic nature of the villain who alwa
Anna
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series has been consistently good so far. Witty banter, meaningful relationships, likeable characters, and last but not least, a good mystery.

'I can handle myself.'
'That's right.' Eve not only wanted her to say it, she wanted her to believe it. 'And when you step down there, you remember you're one bad bitch cop, and you drink blood for breakfast.'
'I'm one bad bitch cop, and I drink blood for breakfast. Yuck.'
Robin Loves Reading
Walter Pettiborne got all primped up. He was about to to to his surprise birthday bash. Oh he knew about it yet what he got certainly was planned. He was murdered. As soon as Eve dives in she discovers that her past is part of this investigation. How is this woman connected with Eve and will Eve be able to find her before yet another man is murdered.

Will Eve finally catch this calculated killer and put her away for good? Eve managed to get this woman behind bars years ago. Why is she out and wh
J.D. Robb : Reunion In Death Buddy Read - April 2017 139 39 Apr 26, 2017 05:55PM
J.D. Robb : Reunion in Death (Spoiler Zone) 39 128 Nov 30, 2016 04:36PM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Reunion In Death (June 2014) SPOILER ZONE 61 48 Jan 10, 2015 07:59PM
Readers of Kindle...: Reunion in Death #14 3 10 Mar 24, 2012 11:41PM

• Hot Rocks
  • Hideaway
  • Under Currents
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Dance to the Piper (The O'Hurleys, #2)
  • Without a Trace (The O'Hurleys, #4)
  • Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Sanctuary
  • Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • High Noon
  • The Last Honest Woman (The O'Hurleys, #1)
  • Skin Deep (The O'Hurleys, #3)
  • An Unfortunate Heir
  • Kissing Krampus
  • Dive In Deep Book 2
  • A Forgotten Murder
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)