Start by marking “Family Room (Good Things #3)” as Want to Read:
Family Room (Good Things #3)

Family Room (Good Things #3)

National bestselling author Mia King does it again with her latest novel about family and expecting the unexpected.

Deidre McIntosh is a woman with it all…a successful business, a doting fiancé, a baby on the way. But business is getting busier, Kevin is always on the road and Deidre’s future mother-in-law has hijacked the wedding plans. To make matters worse, Kevin’s sul
Published November 27th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Family Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Room

Obsidian
Nov 27, 2014 rated it liked it
To sum up my thoughts on this book, I will just say that this was just an okay 3rd book in the Good Things series. For those that didn't read book #2, Table Manners, I wouldn't read frther than this since everything will be a spoiler to you. At the end of Table Manners Deidre McIntosh finds out that she is pregnant and becomes newly engaged to her boyfriend Kevin. The book ended with things seemingly settled with Kevin's sister Marla and his god daughter Claire.

Family Room picks up a few weeks l
mindy shaver
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Way too many errors.

Nothing worse than a book with grammatical/spelling errors. The really unfortunate part is that I would have really enjoyed this book without them. The storyline drew me in but I have a difficult time getting past errors in a published book. Invest in spell check or a proof reader.
Brigid
Family Room is a fitting end to Deidre McIntosh's story, although a significant portion of the book is really about ten-year-old Claire. The story itself is fairly predictable, but in a comforting "that's how this will work out" closure way. In real life, you have consequences, sometimes obvious ones, but you go ahead anyway. Same in the this world of filthy rich Seattle society.

This was the final book in the trilogy and was self-published, and I suppose the lesson learned about that is, if you
Christine Bode
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed Mia King's trilogy of stories starring Deirdre McIntosh: Good Things, Table Manners & Family Room. It was a delightful, meaningful series that feature characters you'll love as well as love not to love, that contains wisdom about what really matters most in life, including love, forgiveness and redemption. This is near perfect chick lit that will leave you feeling satisfied and inspired.

That being said, it is obvious that Family Room was self-published because I am an ed
tbears
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it
(2-1/2 stars) I patiently waited for book #3 as I did with book #2, and again I was disappointed that it lacked the wit and humor that entertained me in #1 of the series. Needed a lot of proofreading and editing! Aside from the grammatical and spelling errors, the story needed streamlining and a more developed ending. I seem to be reading a trend of books that tend to be repetitive. Are books required to be over 300 pages so page fillers are needed?

The story was predictable fluffy chick lit.
Ugochi Akwiwu
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mia Kin is good. This is my first time reading her book and I am pleasantly surprised. I liked the characters very much Down-to-earth Deidre, Naughty Nick and Maleficent Marla to mention a few, each character had some depth. I loved the storyline and Mia Kin conversational way of writing. I foresee this novel being made into a movie.
Bianca
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5
Lela
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a nice family read and had real life type events happening in it. I'll definitely be looking for more books by this author!
Rebecca
Apr 22, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-a-copy
Own on Kindle, Free
Kathy Roling
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book but not as much as the previous ones. I felt like the ending of the book could have been better.
Lynetth Medera
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Could not wait for the end

I enjoyed this book a lot. From the past reviews I read people complained about the typos. To me it didn't make a difference. The book was very emotional
Cynthia Cirrincione
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 star book & I'd love to read the other ones by this author, but $10/book is outrageous. Great writing & wonderful characters though. I really enjoyed it.
Michelle (Champ)
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I adored the story. however, I read Kindle copy and it needed editing. I am not use to that with a Mia King novel. Grand story.
Lissa Evans
Jul 04, 2017
Georgianne Strelczyk
Apr 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Mia King is a national bestselling author of women’s fiction. She is the author of three novels, GOOD THINGS (Berkley Books, 2007), SWEET LIFE (Berkley Books, 2008), and TABLE MANNERS (Berkley Books, 2009). Her fourth novel, FRIENDSHIP BREAD, will be published in 2011 by Ballantine Books under the name, Darien Gee. You can find her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authormiaking or on her website at ...more