Start by marking “31 Days To A Clutter Free Life: One Month to Clear Your Home, Mind & Schedule” as Want to Read:
31 Days To A Clutter Free Life: One Month to Clear Your Home, Mind & Schedule

31 Days To A Clutter Free Life: One Month to Clear Your Home, Mind & Schedule

Is Your STUFF Controlling Your Life?

Ruth Soukup knows all too well how stressful it can be to have a home packed to the gills, with an overbooked schedule to match.   After years of overspending left her wallet painfully empty and her home painfully full, she realized it was time for a massive change.  She began clearing her life—and her home—of clutter, one small step a

Published September 24th 2014 by Life Well Lived Publishing (first published September 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about 31 Days To A Clutter Free Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 31 Days To A Clutter Free Life

Kelli
Jun 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
I read a fair amount on organizing, simplifying, and mindfulness. One might think I have a clutter problem but that isn't the case. I simply enjoy learning and I'd like to be more efficient...less time cleaning and more time enjoying. The fact is that with children, picking up after them is a way of life. Nonetheless, I'm always actively looking for suggestions, things that work, ways to improve the process. (To date, nothing tops Flylady.com.)

This book suggests that one can do an entire room in
Jackie
Basic organizing ideas. Black and white photos of organized areas. Checklists for each day. This book has some good ideas, but if you have read other clutter related books, you won't find a lot of new information. Personally 31 days will NOT get my house organized, especially my books!!
Ginger Woods
May 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who ENJOYS wasting money for little results
I'm sorry but no.

There are so many amazing people on YouTube who have wonderful channels about decluttering and organizing etc. They are detailed and helpful, and really walk you through and give you so much great advise.

This book literally had one template. Day #, a page about the importance of WHY to keep this area clean, and then the same template repeated EVERY single day but with a variation of words here and there. She literally copy and pasted it, and just filled in something here and the
The Story Girl
I don't like the idea of not finishing this book, but as other reviewers have said, the whole entire book just follows the same format and a lot of the information does seem to be copy and pasted for all 31 days, so there is actually very little information contained in the book. At first I thought my review might come off across as harsh because I compare all organizing books to Marie Kondo's, but no, after reading the reviews, I know it's not just that.
Sharon
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Written by the author of a blog - I hadn't realized that until I started reading. A very basic and repetitive "recipe" for decluttering. Didn't work for me, but I can see some people enjoying the simplicity of following the checklist at the end of each "chapter" each day for a decluttering plan. I found somethings unrealistic do be finished in one day (like photographs) and could derail the whole project. Some days are fine - like a medicine cabinet can be tackled in a day successfully.
I suppose for people who live in chaos this is new information? For me, there wasn't anything I hadn't heard, or read, or practised already. The typos were annoying.

Obviously a self-published, previously blog-published collection of ideas. Read it only if you're at your wits' end with how to organize your home.

You will probably find all of this info on her blog, save your money.
Tanisha
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was very simplistic and overly ambitious in terms of what she expected you to accomplish in one day. It felt as though it were geared towards people who had already decluttered....declutter all of your young child's toys in one day, that certainly isn't realistic for my household, which left me feeling demoralized rather than inspired.
Erin Richards
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not as helpful as I thought and I didn’t finish it because the same info was repeated over and over and over...
Kate White
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: simply
Simple, straight-forward guide with plenty of ideas to help you on your way to living a clutter-free life.
Annburnett
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book to help motivate but not as helpful as I had hoped it would be.
April Hughes
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick read

I enjoyed this pratical, step by step guide on how to get rid of my junk! The daily challenges made the tasks manageable.
Beth
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Just reviewing many things I already knew about decluttering (a true talent in my household). Well organized with an inviting "chatty" written approach.
Sarah Koontz
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is time for us to tackle the clutter in our lives! We all have it, we all hate it, but most of us feel powerless to overcome it.

This book is a fantastic is a step-by-step guide for regaining control of your “Cluttered Home.” This is the third book I have read by Ruth, and each one of them have empowered me to make necessary changes in my life. I also am a faithful reader of her Living Well Spending Less blog.

In this book, Ruth divides the de-cluttering process down into simple and manageable
Sue Eckel
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very repetitious!

I could not get much useful info from this because the author had the same exact game plan, repeated word for word, for each room of the house! By the third room, rereading the exact same words became so boring I couldnt stand to finish the book! Sure, it may be a good plan, but we get it already! Stop!!
Jeanne
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
It was OK. She saved the best for last, on day 31 the suggestions are "Stop the Flow, and Purge, purge, purge." I would have thought that would be day 1. Also, there's a lot of purchasing containers to hold the clutter. I think I don't want to buy anything, just get rid of it.
Patti Pierce
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Worth Reading

Ruth Soukup has written a book in 31 Days to a Clutter Free Life that is definitely worth reading. She presents straight forward steps to help tame the clutter. Each day is broken down into easy-to-follow steps. I definitely recommend reading this book.
Jane
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this while on vacation and am looking forward to implementing it when I get home. I really like the way she has the tasks broken down. I may alter the order a bit because of the flow of stuff in my house, but i think the basic plan will work well for me.
Linda
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book with a good plan but all of my decluttering will take longer than one day so I don't think I'll get it all done in one month but I can at least make progress. . .
Sue
May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very helpful in easy to swallow bites.
Jen Whiting
Rachel Young
Mar 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Parenting in the Present Moment: How to Stay Focused on What Really Matters
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You
  • The Sexually Confident Wife: Connecting with Your Husband Mind Body Heart Spirit
  • Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently
  • Free: Spending Your Time and Money on What Matters Most
  • On a Dollar a Day: One Couple's Unlikely Adventures in Eating in America
  • 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life
  • When You and Your Mother Can't Be Friends: Resolving the Most Complicated Relationship of Your Life
  • The Sacred Echo: Hearing God's Voice in Every Area of Your Life
  • The Mother Dance: How Children Change Your Life
  • Bad Childhood---Good Life: How to Blossom and Thrive in Spite of an Unhappy Childhood
  • The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches: A Practical (and Fun) Guide to Enjoying Life More by Spending Less
  • Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
  • How Did I Get So Busy?: The 28-day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most
  • Your Sacred Yes: Trading Life-Draining Obligation for Freedom, Passion, and Joy
  • Unplug the Christmas Machine: A Complete Guide to Putting Love and Warmth Back into the Season
  • Marley and the Kittens
  • And the Sun Shines Now: How Hillsborough and the Premier League Changed Britain
Ruth Soukup is a writer, photographer, DIY lover, passionate homemaker, and founder of LivingWellSpendingLess.com. Begun simply as a way to hold herself accountable as she attempted to replace her shopping addiction with a sustainable budget, LivingWellSpendingLess.com has since grown to be one of the top frugal lifestyle blogs on the web, averaging over 700,000 unique visitors and 1.4 million pag ...more
“Immediately sell or donate unwanted items.” 0 likes