Start by marking “Driving into Darkness (DI Angus Henderson, #2)” as Want to Read:
Driving into Darkness (DI Angus Henderson, #2)

Driving into Darkness

(DI Angus Henderson #2)

CAR THIEVES ARE TERRORISING SUSSEX...

Vicious car-thieves are smashing their way into rural properties and stealing expensive cars. Their violence is escalating and detectives at Sussex Police are fearful they will eventually kill someone.

Their fears are realised when Sir Mathew Markham, owner of one of the UK’s most profitable high-tech companies, is killed. It is assu
Published November 30th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Driving into Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driving into Darkness

Start your review of Driving into Darkness (DI Angus Henderson, #2)
Joyce
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A gang of car thieves breaks into homes in the dead of night and threatening the homeowners to give up their keys to their high end (read: expensive), cars, they then drive off with the cars. But this last attack ended up with the man of the house in the hospital with several broken bones and other injuries. Things are now getting very serious.

DI Angus Henderson, DS Carol Walters and the rest of the team are tasked with catching the thieves. The level of violence used against the owners
Linda
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read – the plot was certainly very well devised and there were so many twists and turns, in places it was hard to keep up. It was one of those books where the opening chapter seems totally unrelated to the rest of the novel but deep down inside you know it will all come together, and naturally it did. So far, having read Iain Cameron’s first DI Henderson novel, I am still finding it hard to warm to the character – he does not seem to have much charm but I am ever hopeful ...more
Kerry Swinnerton
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Disappointing

I enjoyed the first book in the Angus Henderson collection, but I found this second offering to be too convoluted and over descriptive.
As I read the story, is was as though the author was unsure of how he was going to continue the required number of words and so just made up more stories as he went along. The book is a little disjointed and ungainly, and right towards the end of the book, we are introduced to yet another character who only gets a brief mention earlier in the book,
wendi wigham
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deja vu. I live here!

Have read thousands of books in my lifetime, but this series is the first in which i know every location. Have driven down the roads & currently live in one of the mid sussex towns mentioned.
So i congratulate the author for his 'feel' for this area, it makes appreciate my county even more.
This book is very well written, with plenty of twists & turns _ like the roads in this area.
Doreen
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Terrific!

Another great police procedural with DI Henderson and his team! Car thieves and murder keep the team very busy with extensive investigation, lies, misdirection, and confusion. This is an intricate, exciting adventure with an unusual finale!
Jodie (J.C.T)
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-a-week
Ok

It was ok but normally books like this I have to like the main characters and honestly I didn't with any of them. However the story was good and I did read it through to the end. It wasn't into the last half of the book I really got into it though.
Alison Offerdal
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable sequel

I'm enjoying these modern detective novels following the cases of DI Angus Henderson. Car thefts, murder, corrupt businessman keep you enthralled to the end. Looking forward to the next installment.
Michele bookloverforever
Violence, greed, murders...
Brian Mackie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Driving Into Darkness by Iain Cameron is the second book in the DI Angus Henderson series,and what a good read it is,good plot and storyline,looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Mick Mulley
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Seemed very long and involved. Lots of different characters so had to keep tabs on who's who!!
Some parts seemed to get solved very quickly whilst the main story got frustratingly bogged down.
Well put together and I'll probably read the third book when it comes out.
Gary Van Cott
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I thought the plot of this book was reasonably good. However, we haven't learned much about the private lives of the police characters and Angus Henderson's girlfriend in particular seems to be MIA. This book had a few typos and a rather abrupt ending that left some loose ends. ...more
David Stimpson
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
another good story
Anne Hill
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Good book

Except for the last 50 pages. It was like another writer finished the book. Quite a disconnect in style from the rest of the book.
David
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A quite good read and I have the next in the series.
Marie Shirley Griffin
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quite the ride, no pun intended

It's a good read. Although, the end left me a bit confused. I really enjoyed , on the whole.

I will continue to read the rest of the series.
Mark Jones
Jenny Smith
Jun 07, 2016
Charlotte Switzer
Apr 16, 2016

• Best Served Cold (DCI Harry Grimm, #2)
  • Dead before you die (DCI Harry McNeil #3)
  • Grimm Up North (DCI Harry Grimm, #1)
  • Corpse Road DCI Harry Grimm, #3)
  • Broken Wheels (DI Frank Miller #5)
  • Point of no Return (DCI Harry McNeil, #7)
  • Rain Town (DI Frank Miller #3)
  • Cut Throat (DI Frank Miller #10)
  • Cruelty Has A Human Heart
  • The Bones of the Dead (DCI Will Blake, #3)
  • Fearful Symmetry (DCI Will Blake, #2)
  • Back to Life (DCI Harry McNeil #2)
  • Silent Marker (DI Frank Miller #2)
  • WITCH FIRE ON THE LEVELS an addictive crime thriller full of twists (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery Book 8)
  • Sticks and Stones (DCI Harry McNeil #1)
  • Hour of Need (DCI Harry McNeil #4)
  • A Poison Tree DCI Will Blake, #2)
  • Sudden Death (DI Frank Miller #6)
Iain Cameron was born in Glasgow, Scotland and moved south to Brighton in the early eighties.

He has worked as a management accountant, business consultant and a nursery goods retailer. He now lives in a village outside Horsham in West Sussex with his wife, two daughters and a lively Collie.

Keep your eye on the web site for information about new books, details about characters in the books and to r

DI Angus Henderson (9 books)
  • One Last Lesson (DI Angus Henderson, #1)
  • Fear the Silence (DI Angus Henderson, #3)
  • Hunting for Crows (DI Angus Henderson, #4)
  • Red Red Wine (DI Angus Henderson, #5)
  • Night of Fire (DI Angus Henderson, #6)
  • Girls on Film (DI Angus Henderson, #7)
  • Black Quarry Farm (DI Angus Henderson, #8)
  • Blood Marked Pages (DI Angus Henderson, #9)