Start by marking “The Promise of Surrender (The MacKenzie Family, #10.1; 1001 Dark Nights, #32)” as Want to Read:
The Promise of Surrender (The MacKenzie Family, #10.1; 1001 Dark Nights, #32)

Read Book

The Promise of Surrender

(The MacKenzie Family #10.1)

Mia Russo spent ten years working undercover, entrenched in the dregs of society before handing in her shield. Opening her own pawn shop is a piece of cake in comparison. All she needs is the bad attitude she developed on the streets and the shotgun under her counter to keep law and order. Until the day Zeke McBride walks into her shop.

Zeke knows Mia has every right not to
Published December 15th 2015 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about The Promise of Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Promise of Surrender

♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
All three stories were hot and heavy. The Hs are all mega alpha and possessive and the hs all are strong and sassy. There's humor and an emotional connection and burning heat.

I liked the first two stories but I felt like their past history needed to be delved into a bit more before all was resolved/forgiven. Especially in Mia and Zeke's case.

But my favorite was Liza and Grant's story. Both characters were awesome and their instant attraction was freakin hot. There was a bit more character devel
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Quick steamy read with intensely strong, stubborn characters.

Opening Sentence: She had him pegged for a cop the second he stepped out of the beat-up pickup truck.

The Review:

The Promise of Surrender is a novella and one of the quicker reads that I’ve had during the 1001 Dark Nights series. This is a story that is more about an interrupted relationship moving forward than about the actual plot of the gang after Mia, that part of the story is k
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
I love the MacKenzie family and all the books about them, so reading The Promise of Surrender was a no-brainer. And I loved it especially because the pace was steady from the beginning to the end.

Seven years ago Mia Russo left her job as an undercover police detective when an operation went south and several officers were killed and opened her pawn shop on the outskirts of the town of Surrender but the instincts that served her so well on the job are still alive. And she knows that trouble has c
Steph
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mia Russo is an enigma in Surrender, Montana. With a sleeve of ink, purple hair and no qualms carrying her gun, the former officer opened a pawn shop on the edge of town, keeps her head down and stays out of the fray. When her former love Zeke McBride strolls into her shop wanting to reconnect, Mia is suspicious of his motivations. Seven years and NOW he comes to her? Something smells in Surrender! Zeke laments every day that Mia wasn't by his side, and he's ready to hang up his undercover badge ...more
Katherina [Book-o-Craze]
Originally posted on Book-o-Craze, on a tour hosted by InkSlinger PR.

This is not the first story written by Liliana Hart that I've read! The first one I got in my hands actually even made it to my favorites list!
So, I already knew that I would like this novella! What I didn't expect was to actually love it so much!
It might have been short, but it gave us a pretty good feel of the characters and their background!

Mia is a tough young woman and former cop, who, after witnessing her best friend's mu
Mags
I really enjoyed this story, but do wish it had been longer. However it was a great read, with a few hot moments and two very likable characters, and certainly worth a read if your a fan of the series.
Lou
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5, i liked this one!
viva
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
thank you!
Trish R.
For a novella, Liliana Hart managed to pack in so much depth and I truly enjoyed this book.
karen
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice Zeke and Mia found their way back. But no real ending. Did they catch the gang? What job did he take ?
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is a well written and heartwarming second chance love story involving one current and one

former law enforcement officer finding their way back to each other after seven years apart and I really

enjoyed reading this! Mia has moved to a small mountain town in Montana and invested every dime she

had into opening up her very own pawn store in an attempt at a complete fresh start and so far it’s been

going extremely well for her, even if she is a little lonely. Things have been great right up t
Vagabonda Reads
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After witnessing the execution of her best friend, Rachel, undercover cop Mia Russo hands in her badge and starts a new life as the owner of a pawn shop near Surrender, Montana. But it’s not just her old job she leaves behind.

Zeke McBride prides himself on being the best at his work — undercover agent, commanding officer of a DEA Taskforce. Life endangering, adrenalin-pumping work, Zeke loves the job. Duty has always come first — that’s why Mia Russo left him seven years ago. Dangerous circumst
Dolores
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liliana-hart
Another Mackenzie episode, which I hadn't read from my library & I really enjoyed Seeing how Zeke McBride comes back to Surrender on an undercover mission, though it wasn't really as the People of Surrender knows him & The Love of his life Mia Russo, is there & she's the one he's come to see, 1st off he wants her back as they shouldn't have parted 7yrs prior when she left the police force & left him, well he's the one that left.
But heck she JUST KNEW he was there AS SOON, as he c
Donna
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novella is part of the MacKenzie series

Meet the feisty Mia Russo. Mia has spent the last decade working undercover and she was entrenched in the dregs of society before handing in her shield for the final time. When Mia finally opens her own pawn shop, Mia finds it a piece of cake in comparison. All Mia needs now is the bad attitude that she developed pretty darn good on the streets and she has the shotgun under her counter to keep law and order and kick out people who are rude and disrespe
Sandi Ramirez
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Becky
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A novella from the
MacKenzie family world
, The Promise of Surrender worked fairly well as a standalone, since the main characters aren't MacKenzies. A few come up in the story, but not to the point that you'd need to know their stories ahead of time.

Promise is a second chance romance--a troupe that works well in a shorter (ie novella) format, since the h/h already have a history. In this case, it's been seven years since Mia and Zeke have seen each other, since he let his job come between them a
Rachael
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Need more MacKenzie's

This novella sparked more interest on what is happening with the family. We get to see Cooper and Riley and Lane from the previous novella. Now I can't wait until Feb for the new books.

Mia left undercover work seven year ago. She started her own pawn shop just outside of Surrender and she hasn't left her instincts behind. Zeke chose the job over Mia seven years ago. Now he is back working his "last" op and wanting Mia back. He's spend his teenage years with the MacKenzie fa
Janna
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A lovely Novella focusing on Zeke McBride and Mia Russo.

Mia had spent 10 years undercover entrenched in the dregs of society. When an op went bad, she resigned and started her new life by opening a pawn shop. Zeke and Mia had been together and she thought they had something. But, the last she saw him, he had chosen the next Op instead of her.

Now Zeke arrived in Surrender, MT and she does not trust him. But, when a motorcycle gang breaks into her shop, Zeke, Mia and the local Sheriff, Cooper Ma
Stacey
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
so what do you do when someone from your past comes back and what happens when the feelings and emotions come back full force and someone wants something you have what happens when your ex wants you back and wants to protect you , will things intensify or will you push them away due to the past hurt . find this and much more when you buy , read and review .
also i have read all books there is sadly one book i am behind in but i will read it may even read it next lol time will tell but i will rea
Amanda
This was a great addition to the series but felt unfinished...what happened with the Vaqueros?! Are they still after Mia??? That was a HUGE part in the book and it was left unanswered.
I loved the characters, they had history and great chemistry that was off the charts and the scenes between them were extremely steamy.
We get to see Riley and Cooper which is always great but again I personally felt like this story was left with unanswered questions. Hopefully these questions get answered later in
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The latest entry in the Mackenzie series introduces us to Zeke, an old friend of Cooper Mackenzie, and Mia. This is a novella, so I don't want to give too much away. That being said, take one dominant male determined to get his girl, a feisty female sassy enough to get herself into some trouble, add in some steamy love scenes (thinks pool table!), and you have a great entry into this long running series. While this story can be comfortably read as a stand alone, I do recommend reading previous e ...more
Peni
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 14+ and mature
This is a side story from the MacKenzie's series. It takes place in and around Surrender, MT and features a few of the main Mackenzie cast.

Overall the story was okay. I didn't really feel the criminal aspect was successfully concluded however. If the gang was so sure about the box it seems they would have done more about it.

Also, for all the anger and hurt between the couple, it was pretty much smooth sailing from the get go.
Tracy Hall
Good

While I love the MacKenzie series, this Novella left me a little empty. The introduction of new caricatures on the outskirts of their family needed some more background. I never really got into them like with the other books. But, as always it was east to read and well written.
Wendy Hodges
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
very good and interesting read, this is another book that's more an add on to the mackenzies series. although they are mentioned and some of them involved with the story, they are not the main characters. zeke and mia are hot together, you almost feel the sparks while reading. the story topic is a bit different so makes it worth the read, I enjoyed it and was glad I bought it
l myers
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

I liked this book but wish it was longer. Another couple of chapters
Would have added to the storyline and wouldn't have given the book such an abrupt ending. I was ready to turn the page and find out how Mia and Zeke settled their differences only to find the story was over.
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It doesn't matter who these books feature the MacKenzie family Series is amazing, they envelop everyone into their community. This story I felt ended a bit sudden, would have been nice to either know that the bikers had been apprehended or something had happened, but maybe we'll get that another time. Another great read with a rock solid male and a strong woman behind him!
Kimberly Walter
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Promise of Surrender is a short but very hot and sweet story. Zeke is back in Mia's life after she left seven years ago because he chose the next op instead of her.
Now Zeke is determined to win Mia back.

A very good book to read. I love reading The MacKenzie Family book series.
Darcie
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet second chance at love

I loved both Mia and Zeke. Their history and chemistry were amazing and added just what the story needed. However I feel like their story isn't finished being I didn't get an ending to the threat to Mia. I wanted more at the end.
Jonna
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liliana-hart
The promise of. Surrender

Very good story. I hope we get to read more about Zeah and Mia . I hope they catch the bad guys in this book. I love the story. Can't wait for your next part of this story. And more of the MacKenzie family. Thank you!
Cindy
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular!

Liliana you have done it again! I only wish it was a couple of chapters longer! Loved Mia & Zeek! Glad to have slight update on some of the MacKenzie's.
Can't wait for the rest of the books.

• The Deception Duet
  • Turning Home (A Small Town #1)
  • Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)
  • Never Surrender (Bagram Special Ops, #5.5; The MacKenzie Family, #12.4)
  • ROAR
  • A Line Drawn (The Line Trilogy, #3)
  • Firestorm (Flashpoint #3)
  • Share Me, Touch Me, Tie Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #0.5, 4, 5)
  • Wicked for You (Wicked Lovers, #10)
  • Bullet Proof (B-Squad, #0.5; The MacKenzie Family, #10.3)
  • The Princess (Filthy Trilogy #2; Dirty Rich, #9)
  • At Your Service (Topped, #4; Masters and Mercenaries, #14.5)
  • Unexpected
  • Rush (The MacKenzie Family, #10.7)
  • Kidnapping the Laird
  • Pirateship Down (Sentinels of New Orleans #4.5)
  • Renewed Faith (CSA Case Files, #3)
  • Profile of Terror (Profile, #2)
Liliana Hart spent five years teaching music in the public education system. She molded America’s youth, busted kids for smoking pot in the restrooms, and broke up illicit affairs behind the stage on a regular basis. (Liliana’s Addison Holmes Mystery Series, about a small town teacher who gets into a whole lot of trouble, is somewhat autobiographical, but she won’t confess to which parts).

Liliana

The MacKenzie Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dane (The MacKenzie Family, #1)
  • Thomas (The MacKenzie Family, #2)
  • Riley (The MacKenzie Family, #3)
  • Cooper (The MacKenzie Family, #4)
  • Cade (The MacKenzie Family, #5)
  • Shadows and Silk (The MacKenzie Family, #6)
  • Secrets and Satin (The MacKenzie Family, #7)
  • Sins and Scarlet Lace (The MacKenzie Family, #8)
  • Sizzle (The MacKenzie Family, #9)
  • Crave (The MacKenzie Family, #10)