Start by marking “Alcatraz (I, Q #6)” as Want to Read:
Alcatraz (I, Q #6)

Alcatraz

(I, Q #6)

With the nation reeling from the recent terrorist attacks, Q and Angela leave Chicago and arrive in San Francisco. Their parents are determined to continue the Match tour but for safety's sake, they have decided to send Q and Angela to boarding school. Not happy at the thought of being taken off the trail of the ghost cell, Q and Angela race against time with Boone and the ...more
Published November 12th 2014 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published August 1st 2014)

Reba
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jan
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've said it before here on goodreads and I'll probably say it again sometime in the future, but Roland Smith is definitely one of my absolute favorite authors for middle grade action/adventure stories. I only have one more of his books to go and then I'll have read all of his works of fiction. I can't believe I almost didn't even read this series. I knew the books were out there and I had seen them in the library and in bookstores, but I always found the covers just so unappealing and uninteres ...more
Nanci Booher
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea that this was the last book of the series. I'm super sad. Following Q and Angela across the country was pure joy. I have recommended this series quite a few times and the kids have never been disappointed. In this final installment we find out about Boone's true abilities; discover who Number One is; and watch as Q and Angela become true siblings, always looking out for each other. I am anxious to start Roland Smith's newest book, Beneath. I usually have one Smith book in my pile a ...more
Danielle Norris
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, I had to sleep on this one to think about how I felt about the ending of this final book in the series. I liked the book, I felt it was an acceptable conclusion to the series. I even liked the way it ended to an extent. The problem is one that I have ranted about before and most certainly will rant about again.

I realize that I am a reading teacher so I might get more annoyed by this type of thing than other people, but the plot mountain exists because it is true of novels, and I loathe whe
Joseph Cox
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for an amazing book series to read I would definitely recommend I,Q it was a marvelous series from start to finish the book I most recently read was I,Q Book 6 Alcatraz I Couldn’t put the book down it was so interesting from start to finish. It starts out with the two main characters of the book Q and Angela who are step brother and sister facing a harsh punishment at the end of their recently married mom and dad’s next concert they were going to be sent to boarding school becaus ...more
 Marla
End to an interesting series. Touched on many subjects: parents divorce, step-siblings, concert and music industry, international terrorism, spies, roadies and magic. Strange explanation that I did not see coming. Ending was a bit abrupt.

Likes:
* Q's magic tricks
* Boone, blinking roadie and tour security
(view spoiler)
Eric Hoffman
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the book I, Q book six: Alcatraz, by Roland Smith and Michael P. Spradlin. The main characters Angela and Q are helping to fight a terrorist cell without there parents knowing. Angelas thought to be dead mother is working her way up through the terrorist cell called the ghost cell trying to take it out. Angelas dad and Q’s mom are on a nationwide concert tour and know nothing about what their kids are doing. One of the important people in the tour's crew is named Boone, he is part of a group ...more
Ella Stewart
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Linda
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
One of the best YA series ever! I must admit, the revelation of Number One's identity came completely out of the blue, but, over all, I was satisfied with the conclusion of the story. Note to future readers: you CANNOT read just one book in this series.
Sylvia
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I think that this series is absolutely amazing. I thought about the twist they put in this story, and I like it because the kids get to learn something new about two different religions and how they seem to come together.
Keri Douglas
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Those who like this series will not be disappointed. There seems to be a little more violence in this book, but is still appropriate in context and for upper elementary/middle grade students.
Katie
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Weird conclusion to the series. Honestly, I didn't like the new information that was in this book that concluded the series and the mystery. Still a great series, though.
Desi Kennedy
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think this series is an excellent read for girls and boys. There is a lot of team work, good vs. evil, loyalty and right and wrong. My only gripe is it ended too soon.
StPiusX5th
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alcatraz - I, Q Alcatraz by Michael P. Spradlin and Roland Smith, is an amazing, heart-pounding, breath-stopping action packed conclusion to the IQ Series. The series begins at the wedding reception of Q Munoz's mother and Angela Tucker's father, near San Francisco. The series winds it's way on a cross country music tour to end where it began on San Francisco Bay area.

Unfortunately, though, a clown was hurt in this book.

This book answered all my questions and tied up any loose ends What an im
Meg B
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dailyn
Aug 03, 2014 added it
Shelves: fiction, 9th-grade
Wow. I can't believe it. So many things happened in this book. I was sooo happy to finally figure everything out, but I'm also sad that it's over. (And that Boone has left.)I didn't want it to end. This series has been heart-stopping, heart-racing, and amazing.

Now - Has the story really ended? I don't think so. Maybe the series has ended, but I'm hoping to see how I.Q., Angela, and Croc work together to stop more terrorists. I.Q. might have said he had had enough of all of it, but I'm not so su
Gretchen
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This entire series was fabulous and made me want to keep reading each book faster than the last. I loved the information about all the places covered in the books, the spy aspects to everything, and the continued wonder of what the end game was. This last book really surprised me by adding in a twist I thought I had sort of figured out, but I hadn't. I liked the added element of fantasy into the conclusion and that it really "fit", it wasn't just used to tie up loose ends. This series has defini ...more
Kimberly
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This series is a good one and this installment answers many, many questions raised by the other five books. I don't know whether this is, indeed, the last book of this series, but I hope it is. To draw out the story line after the way this book ended wouldn't be very good, though, to have a spin off series might work.

Had I not read this with my daughters, I probably would not have read the series to completion, but we enjoyed the books more by reading them together.
Jeannie
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to finally read this and like the others in the series, it is filled with adventure and excitement. All the terrorism and counterintelligence spy stuff is awesome. I also love how, like the others, the plot continues to take place in regions I am familiar with, especially the Bay Area. I must admit, I was VERY surprised to see where and how the story went - I was definitely not expecting how things turned out!
Jonathan
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice ending to a great series; this book answered a lot of questions I had about Boone and Croc and blew me out of the water when the identity of Number One was revealed, however it dragged in some areas and the ending was disappointing, I felt it should have been a bigger, more drawn out ending, than the few pages we had.

This was a great ya series and I would easily recommend it to anyone who likes spy-thrillers with a bit of mystery thrown in.
C4
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the best series I have ever read. Sad to see it end, however I am curious to see if Roland Smith sort of continues this series, as well as the Cryptid Hunters series, by linking them together, since that's what he likes to do, which is amazing! Someone with the ability to "blink" would really be something Grace, Marty, and Wolfe would love to look into!
James
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This appears to conclude the series. Q and Angela discover who Number One is and find all of the data that they and their friends need to bring down the Ghost Cell. They also discover who/what Boone is. Like the previous books, there is plenty of action and suspense, as well as some good brother/sister moments. If this is the end, I will miss the series.
Dan Rogers
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the entire series. Started this book with a clear idea in mind who Number One was and it turns out that I was correct. Well written ending to the series. Would love to have a copy of the entire set available for my students to read. Just not sure how many of them would actually do so.
Hannah baity
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know how you'll read the end of a series and still have questions? This is not one of those books. It was well written and tied up all the loose ends very nicely. The plot was strong, the characters had great depth, and the ending was surprising in a pleasant way. Overall I was very impressed with this book and would recommend it to fans of espionage and fantasy.
Tamera Jones
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In what I believe to be the final chapter in the I.Q. series, Q and his step sister are desperately trying to help their fellow spy friends uncover the identity of the most dangerous terrorist ghost cell in the U.S. Between finally learning the unbelievable truth about their pals Boone and Crock and learning the real story behind Q's dad, Speed, the gang is on the biggest adventure yet.
KemeyL
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the entire series. Even though the ending was great, I kinda wish we had a "Life After" mini book. After all that, it wouldve been nice to see what the characters are up to and how their relationships turned out.
Ryan Teplitzky
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading the IQ series and I look forward to reading a new series. This book focused on mystery and at the end some action was put into play. This book is great for anybody who like mystery, adventure, or action.
H
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
So sad this series is over! Great job Roland Smith! Sad to see Boone leave after so much they have been through together. Just amazed by all the little details and pieces in the books. Just amazed. It may be the end but I think that it's just a new better beginning for Q and Angela.
Chris Taranto
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This entire series was a good one and this book really did a good job of capping it off. When you finaly learn where boone and speed got their power is very cool. I definentely was not expecting it. This was one of the better book I have read this year

• The Whites of Their Eyes (Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School, #3)
  • The Dominion Key (Joshua Dread #3)
  • Showoff (Swindle, #4)
  • Hide and Seek (Silver Jaguar Society Mysteries #2)
  • Back Before Dark (Code of Silence, #2)
  • Wildfire Run
  • Safe at Home
  • Vanishing Act: Mystery at the U.S. Open (The Sports Beat, #2)
  • Alienation (C.H.A.O.S., #2)
  • Horten's Incredible Illusions: Magic, Mystery & Another Very Strange Adventure (Horten's Miraculous Mechanisms #2)
  • Valley of the Templars (Templar, #7)
  • The Case of the Deadly Desperados (The P.K Pinkerton Mysteries, #1)
  • The Morgue and Me
  • Turn Left at the Cow
  • Rush Revere and the First Patriots (Adventures with Rush Revere, #2)
Roland Smith is an American author of young adult fiction as well as nonfiction books for children.
Smith was born in Portland, Oregon, and graduated from Portland State University and, following a part-time job at the Oregon Zoo in Portland, began a 20-year career as a zookeeper, both at the Oregon Zoo and the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, Washington. After working to save wildlife following the E

I, Q (6 books)
  • Independence Hall (I, Q, #1)
  • The White House (I, Q, #2)
  • Kitty Hawk (I, Q, #3)
  • The Alamo (I, Q, #4)
  • The Windy City (I, Q #5)