Start by marking “Second Chances 101 (Ripple Effect Romance #5)” as Want to Read:
Second Chances 101 (Ripple Effect Romance #5)

Second Chances 101

(Ripple Effect Romance #5)

Thirty-seven-year-old Francie Davis is sure her luck has changed when she lands a job on campus that will pay her tuition. But when her handsome new boss yells at her on the first day of work, Francie learns that the last person you expect to fall in love with might be the one that’s the most perfect for you.
Kindle Edition, Second, 133 pages
Published November 19th 2014 by Emerald Arch Publishing (first published February 18th 2014)

Start your review of Second Chances 101 (Ripple Effect Romance #5)
Kathy
I liked this one. Our lead characters are older than I normally read (Francie is 37 and Alex is early 40s), both have teenaged kids. I actually enjoyed reading about more mature characters (and was a little bummed that I'm closer in age to them than my usual YA books).

We met Francie briefly in Lost and Found, I thought she was a little aloof in that and was curious how she would come across as a lead in this one. I liked her. She's had it pretty rough and after losing her husband and her son go
Rachael Anderson
First off, I have to say this turned out to be my favorite cover of the series. (Aren't those colors beautiful?) And this story really surprised me as well--in a good way. These days, it's not often that a book can capture my attention right away, but this one did. From the first chapter, I was sucked it and didn't put it down until I'd finished. That's a huge compliment to Donna and her writing. LOVED this book. It's a beautifully written story and a perfect addition to this series. I hope you ...more
Donna Weaver
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, I loved this book, but I'm biased. I listened to the audiobook, and Tiffany Williams did a wonderful job with the narration.

Did you notice the cameo appearance of one of the characters from the Safe Harbors series? That's going to lead to another story that will bring Sam, Francie, and Alex in the that world.
Pennie Morgan
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one, especially since it involved more mature adults. Francie Davis is a recently widowed mom who is sending her son off to college (Harvard) and she is finally able to start community college and work there full time to subsidize her way. Her boss is Alex who is struggling with his own problems including his ex-wife and daughter. This one was great from beginning to end, from the slow burn between Francie and Alex to Sam seeking out Francie to learn about veggies and cooki ...more
Tamera Westhoff
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Romance

I loved reading about Francie-the widowed mother that eats only out of her garden and is going back to school-and Alex-the divorced dad that is Francie's boss. I especially like their kids! I was sad at how fast they went from starting to date to a proposal. A little crazy, but it was done very nicely.
Melanie
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to read a story where the characters are closer to my age. I liked this story, but it wasn't my favorite. I think this would work better as a full-length novel. Since Francie and Alex are older, their romance is more complex (his daughter and ex-wife and her son) and it was gradual at the beginning but then felt rushed in order to get to the happy ending.

Having said that, this really is a great addition to this series! I didn't think I got a good feel for Francie in the last book a
Books
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2014
This installment in the Ripple Effect Romance series stood out for me as it is entirely different from the previous four novellas. That I already picked up when I read the book summary. Second Chances 101 is all about character development and, well, second chances and letting go of the past.

If you’ve been following this series, you would remember Francie from the previous book, Lost and Found. I loved that in this book the characters were much older than the ones in the previous books, and I c
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I thought maybe Francie would get her own story told in this book. This is a character we met in Lost and Found, the previous book in this series. I'm glad Francie has her own story. She isn't anything like what I imagined her to be when I read the other book. There is so much more personality and depth to her than I first thought.

One thing that sets this book apart from the others is that the characters in this book are older and more experienced in life. They have experienced many deeper strug
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
book 5 of the Ripple Effect novella series. Francie is a sweet woman that has had some hard times in her life, from her family disowning her to an abusive husband. She gets a second chance after he dies and is able to attend a local university.

I liked the interaction between Francie and Sam/Rose - she gives Sam/Rose what she needs, a sense of balance and just a friendly ear to listen plus teaching her cooking skills that she hasn't gotten at home. Then there is Alex, Sam/Rose's father and also
Julie Ford
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story about a woman, Francie, who lives in a historical home, gardens, and cooks vegetarian dishes that had my mouth watering. Her troubled marriage over due to her husband's death, she is now faced with starting over and going back to college. Enter Alex, a somewhat short-tempered history professor who is suffering from the demise of a troubled marriage himself. Add to that an emotionally abusive ex-wife, a surly teenaged daughter and trying to navigate online dating, and his life only ge ...more
Kaylee
Thirty-seven-year-old Francie Davis is sure her luck has changed when she lands a job on campus that will pay her tuition. But after her handsome new boss yells at her on the first day of work, Francie learns that the last person you expect to fall in love with might be the one that’s the most perfect for you.

The characters in this book are so easy to love. Francie is getting a second chance in more ways than one. After a very tumultuous marriage, I enjoyed watching Francie find her footing, not
Rachel DeVaughn
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella series was so much fun to read. Very fast reading, clean, funny and romantic. I loved how the books intertwined with each other by using a character mentioned in the previous book for the current book. They don't have to be read in order, but the character development will make more sense if you do.

Book 5: Second Chances
This is the story about Francie (mentioned in book 4), a widowed woman who goes back to school while balancing two jobs as well. She lives in an old house alone whi
Medeia Sharif
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thirty-something Francie is a widow. The relationship with her late husband wasn’t a wonderful one, but she has a fresh start with a new job and college classes. Money is tight and she’s alone since her son is starting college himself.

Alex is a professor who’s her boss. With Francie as his new assistant, they begin things on the wrong foot, mad at each other. He’s always on edge since his ex-wife is poison and his daughter is moody.

It was interesting and sweet seeing the two come together roman
Maria Hoagland
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella was great fun! It is a satisfying, clean, ooey-gooey love story perfect for teen or adult. I liked that the main characters are not twenty (even "older" people can fall in love). There were all the right tingles and surprises of falling in love. The narrator did an excellent job bringing the author's voice to life (I wonder if she'd narrate my books?), and I would relish the opportunity to hear Tiffany Williams read another of Donna Weaver's books. I see that this book is part of a ...more
Canda
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Francie as she steps out of her old life to make a new start. She's a strong character with deep emotion equal to her life's experiences. I enjoyed that it isn't New Adult age, affirming that it's never too late to change and grow and love!
Leigh
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is great! Such a fun, quick read that really keeps you turning the pages. The characters are phenomenal and I just keep wanting more! Can't wait to read more of the Ripple Effect, and also get my hands on Weaver's newest book, Torn Canvas! She's such a fantastic writer!
Cici
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for writing an older love story. I appreciate reading about second chance at love. And how it affects their kids.
Teya Teya
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Proof that after divorce or being a widow you can find a romance. Sweet, cute and fast read.
Charissa
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chances, 2017
This novella was pretty well written. It features Francie (a single mother dealing with her only child leaving for college and going back to college herself to get an education while working full time) and Alex, a college professor who Francie assists in her new job. When he yells at her on her first day on the job, she wants to stay far away from the man. But as weeks go by and she gets to know him better, she realizes he isn’t as gruff or abrupt as he pretended to be. He’s a good guy. And when ...more
Ellen White
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Francie working two jobs for her son, Rafe to have the opportunities and it had paid off, He got a scholarship for Harvard. He could be stubborn and she didn’t want him to turn it down. She got accept at the state college, going full time, and got a full time job to pay the tuition.
Sam looking at his daughter and thought the goth was just a faze, now it was the ghastly make up and the change of eating. Thanking school was starting, only to learn about a grant for those reentering school. Anothe
Cynthia
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Starting New

This was a wonderful story. Francie get to go college the same time her son is off to Harvard on a scholarship. She will work full time at the University and be a full time student. Little did she know how many new people come into her life. And one of them ius her second chance at love.
Tricia Adams
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fist time reader for this author

This is a touching story about learning to live and love again after so !ong at being unhappy. Going back to college, family, new environment, new interests, can be over whelming. But finding love when you are not even looking, now that is what good stories are made of. This story has all that!
Mary
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Francie’s courtship

What a WONDERFUL story!!! This series is great and the characters are each so unique and real. Would love to meet this family in real life! The kind of people we all wish our lives would be filled with! I am going to read Sam/Rose’s story next. Know it will be fabulous!! Thanks for such multi-dimensional people!!! The fun never stops!
Janeiowa
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a nice story and the characters were likeable. It was, I thought, much too short, and the ending was a huge rush when the couple had barely dated.

There seemed to be a lot left out. How did Rafe know about Alex, etc.
Bob
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book.

I will warn you that you must be able to read the whole book before you start. This book is so packed with story that it is hard to put down. I highly recommend this book.
Judy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
sorry when I finished it.
Becca
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick read and enjoyable

Loved the setting and the story premise was interesting. Kind of read you wish wouldn't end and characters interactions were very believable.
Melody
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a rather tedious book.

Content: clean. No language or sex.
Toni
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Somehow rushed at the end. Otherwise sweet, short and clean.
Pat Raab
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Larger than life Francie - not many women could cope with what she has had to endure. The story has a fitting ending for all concerned.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • How to Not Fall for the Guy Next Door
  • Cooper (Cowboys of Ransom Creek, #3)
  • Behind The Baron's Mask: A Clean Regency Romance (Resolved In Love, #1)
  • The Pursuit of Lady Harriett (Tanglewood #3)
  • The Reluctant Bachelorette
  • The Rise of Miss Notley (Tanglewood #2)
  • The Fall of Lord Drayson (Tanglewood, #1)
  • Working it Out
  • Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2)
  • If We Were a Movie
  • Not Always Happenstance (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Twice Shy (The Power of Love, #1)
  • Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity (Meet Your Match #3)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Prejudice Meets Pride (Meet Your Match, #1)
  • A Stolen Kiss (Victorian Love #1)
  • The Road Through Rushbury (Seasons of Change, #1)
Award-winning author - wife-mother-grandmother-Navy brat-Army veteran-karate black belt-Harry Potter nerd-online gamer girl.

Ripple Effect Romance (6 books)
  • Home Matters (Ripple Effect Romance #1)
  • Silver Linings (Ripple Effect Romance #2)
  • Righting a Wrong (Ripple Effect Romance #3)
  • Lost and Found (Ripple Effect Romance #4)
  • Immersed (Ripple Effect Romance #6)