Start by marking “Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01

Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01

(Time Stranger Kyoko / Jikuu Ihoujin Kyoko #1)

Kyoko Suomi is the princess of Earth in the 30th century. Kyoko lives among the commoners, unwilling to reveal her true identity and ascend the throne. The king will allow Kyoko to live as she pleases if she can revive her twin sister Ui, who has been trapped in time since birth.

As Kyoko's 16th birthday approaches, crowds are rioting as Kyoko refuses to present herself to
Published July 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 15th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01

XxTainaxX
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
It had its cute moments but overall it wasn't for me. The story line and characters didn't really hook me. I won't be pursuing the others in the series.
Lara Mi

Review for complete series

In the 30th century, Princess Kyoko lives among the commoners keeping her identity a secret. When her sixteenth birthday draws near, her father the King insists she prepares for her first public outing - or otherwise, find a way to awaken her twin sister Princess Ui who has been trapped in sleep since their birth. For her sister to wake, Kyoko must find the twelve Time Strangers who, when combined, can shift the clock which holds Ui captive.

Time Stranger Kyoko will leav
Chelsea
This looks like another great series by Arina Tanemura. The characters all seem interesting and the plot drew me I and made me want to see what happens next. I also thought the bonus chapter at the end about how Kyoko met Sakataki & Hizuki was really cute.

Contains Chapters 1 - 4
Chapter 01: There is but One Past: The Future is in Your Heart
Chapter 02: The Race Against Time
Chapter 03: The Timing of Two
Chapter 04: Because It's You, I Am Here
Bonus Story: Little Princess
LemontreeLime
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm hesitant to criticize because I know how manga writers take things to heart, and that these books are their artistic babies. I will just say this series is just not for me.
Steph
Aug 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Arina Tanemura fans
Shelves: manga
Very cute and original, I couldn't put it down.

!!!!

Re-read, I really like how it started out. The art is drawn very well and the story line is cute.
Keri (JD)
Jul 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Crossing the barriers of time, this princess loves her people, yet is a little bit selfish. Not the best Tanemura novel I have read
Rachel
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This manga is a really cool story and i like the world.
Amy
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The pacing is bad, the gravity of situations terrible, the introduction to the world set up lacking... I get what the author was attempting to do, but it falls short in so many ways to be disappointing. I wanted to like it, but it's too choppy and ridiculous.
Samantha
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-classroom
Loved this! May end up keeping the series for myself!
Teetee
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-shojo
Nici92
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not her best one. Hope the other two are better.
Koorihime-sama
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Art Touch-Up: 4 out of 5
Translation: 4 out of 5
Design: 5 out of 5

In the 30th century, Earth has become one nation with one princess — Kyoko. Her 16th birthday celebration is coming up, but her subjects begin to riot because she doesn’t want to do her job as princess. However, awakening her sister from her deep sl
Christina
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's the 30th century and Earth is united into one country called the Earth Nation, and today it is Princess Kyoko Suomi's sixteenth birthday! Kyoko has kept her identity a secret for all these sixteen years so that she could experience a normal life in school, but now she must show her face to the entire country at her birthday party! Her father proposes that if she truly wish to maintain her freedom that she must find a way to awaken her twin sister Ui who has been asleep since birth! While th ...more
Miss Ryoko
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
This might just be my favorite Tanemura-san series yet. I have a couple more of her series to read this year, but I've enjoyed this first volume of this short series. It has a lot of silliness while being an interesting read. And so far, it seems the characters have a lot of personality. I really love Witzig and the King! They're fabulous!

Also, this panel was perfection (I particularly love Hizuki and Sakataki in the background)
 photo WP_20150614_002_zps2aan4mcb.jpg

I'm looking forward to reading the other two volumes. I hope they
Treasure
Jul 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kyoko is the very reluctant princess of Earth, in a future where the whole planet united as one country. She wants to stay a normal high school girl, but by not fulfilling her duties, the people are rioting and she must either step up to the plate or find a way to revive her twin sister who has been time trapped since birth. Kyoko, who has the ability to stop time (hence, Time Stranger) begins a quest to save her sister, her kindgom, and her freedom to remain a commoner. The quest prompts her to ...more
Sarah Hayes
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Having finished Sakura Hime, I got the hankering for more Arina Tanemura, so I turned to her three-volume series Time Stranger Kyoko. Like Sakura Hime, Kyoko is a shojo manga about a young woman who is a princess with unusual powers that must use them to save those close to her and reveal her own destiny. Unlike Sakura Hime, however, it lacks true depth and is crowded with characters who have yet to reveal their usefulness. But hey, at least it's fun!

You can read my complete review of TIME STRAN
Nick Sweet
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Time Stranger Kyoko is one of my favorite manga, and creates a magical girl, Kyoko, with attitude. In the first volume, we are introduced to Kyoko's quest and what she must do to accomplish it. This is a good read for any fan of the magical girl genre.
K. M. Bane
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Of course, I accidentally bought it without knowing it was for older teens but it didn't have anything besides innuendo and few iffy things on side notes and violence to worry about. It was wonderful! Super cute and futuristic with romance, too! Great job, Arina! ^^
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, manga-manhwa, homies
Arina Tanemura is one of my all time favourite manga drawers, her drawings never fail to be amazingly beautiful <3
Unluckily, I didn't love this first volume as much as I loved Full Moon wo sagashite's.
Fun and easy read, with loads of originality.
Ging
Jul 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: date-forgotten
Read: Volumes 1-3 of 3
Ana
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Cute series! Only three mangas. Love the ending.
Selena
Despite many of its shortcomings (super shallow characters, characters that look identical to other works by Tanemura, etc.) I actually enjoyed this.

I believe I will continue with this one.
Lady Flo
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Better than others which I tried to read.
Brittney Flemingo
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great mini series and it's just really sweet.
Susa
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, nuoret
It is hard to review this since i read it when i was 12. I did love it a lot back then, but objectively saying the series aren't very good.
Este
Jan 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
good manga, though i think it could use a bit more time travel. still, its good. Arina tanemura is yet to fail me!!!
Starbubbles
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This was surprisingly good! It did take me a bit to pick up the general set-up of the story. I'm actually glad I ordered this one from the library.
Katy
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Great start! Love Arina's artwork more each time I see it :)
Blanche
I love the mangas my Arina Tanemura ♡ always a pleasure

• Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 1 (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #1)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 5 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #5)
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 02 (Captive Hearts, #2)
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 5: Mikage
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2
  • Saint Tail, Vol. 1
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 2
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01
  • Gals! Vol. 4 (Gals!, #4)
  • Hibiki's Magic Volume 1
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one

Time Stranger Kyoko / Jikuu Ihoujin Kyoko (3 books)
  • Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 02