Start by marking “Boomerang: A Detective Jason Smith thriller (Detective Jason Smith #2)” as Want to Read:
Boomerang: A Detective Jason Smith thriller (Detective Jason Smith #2)

Boomerang: A Detective Jason Smith thriller

(Detective Jason Smith #2)

A man is killing people in York. Initially the murders appear to be the random acts of a maniac. Detective Jason Smith is put in charge of the investigation. It soon becomes clear that the murders are all connected to him in one way or another. All of the killings correspond to events in Smith's life and the murderer leaves dates at the crime scene which tie up to ...more
Published May 19th 2014 by STILL Books

To ask other readers questions about Boomerang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boomerang

Start your review of Boomerang: A Detective Jason Smith thriller (Detective Jason Smith #2)
Linda Strong
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
For the very first time there is a serial killer on a rampage in York. Each victim seems to be a random choice, and each is killed in a different way. On the bottom of their feet are a series of numbers.

when investigating, Smith finds that all these deaths correspond to deaths in his own personal history. And the killer begins taunting him. In order to find this killer, he's going to have to delve into his family history to discover the secrets that have been buried for many years.

It's already
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the detective Jason Smith series starts off in Phuoc Hai, Vietnam in 1966. Who are Mark, Brian, John and Max - volunteers of the First Battalion Royal Australian regiment - and are they connected to the latest murders which are happening on the streets of York, 44 years later? I found this compulsive reading even from early on in the book.
2010. York. First of all we have a strange man looking for Smith - who is he, what does he want and how does he know Smith? We follow a
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in a very addictive series I find myself reaching for the next book as soon as I have finished the previous one.

The story begins with a suicide that turns out to be murder. Then Smith's life is changed forever. People are dying and the dates are significant dates from the past. Someone has Smith in their sights but why? What happened all those years ago and why is Smith being held accountable?

This is an adrenaline pumping read from the very first page. The suspense and pace build
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
1966 – Two friends are in the midst of the Vietnam war, one lose his mind, the other gets shot.

2010 – York is having a lull in crime but a suicide of a businessman in the Royal York Hotel sets Smith’s sixth sense tingling. It quickly becomes apparent it’s murder with numbers written on the soles of his feet. The numbers are actually dates that relate to Smith.

More bodies turn up with more dates on their feet and it becomes official York has it’s first serial killer but how is this linked to
Amanda
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Stewart’s for a little while now. I have read, reviewed and loved about three of his books so far and I am reading the others in the Detective Jason Smith series to catch up. I have just read ‘Boomerang’, which is the second full length book in the DS Jason Smith series, and I absolutely loved it but more about that in a bit.
I couldn’t help but take to the character of DS Jason Smith. He currently works in York and has done for a little while. Smith is originally from
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series. This story flips between events in Vietnam with modern day murders.
Simon Leonard
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of the series, or book 3 if you want to include the prequel which was written afterwards in the counting, but can be read perfectly fine as a standalone book as you pick up what happened in book one throughout this book.

The book is just as good as book one and follows DS Smith and Witton as they investigate a mass murderer who seems to have a very in-depth knowledge of Smith's past.

The one thing I love about Stewart's books is that you know quite early on who the killer is, but
Patricia Burton
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant mind blowing read!

Stewart Giles does it again, I've read all the books in this series, back to back, simply because I couldn't leave them alone. May I suggest you read my review for book 1: 'Smith'

Naughty of me I know, but I read them all before I started to review any of them, simply because I became totally and utterly addicted to DS Jason Smith's life. Funny as it may seem this character of contradictions, gets in your head. Go back to a previous book, read a few lines,
Joanna Larum
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the series of Jason Smith books and I think it is even better than the first. I thoroughly enjoy reading these books and I am determined to read them all, until Mr Giles provides us with a new one!
Jason Smith is a detective based in York, although he was born in Australia. Initially, he studied for a law degree, but moved to the police when he realised that, as a lawyer, he would have to defend murderers. York has been visited by its first serial killer and it is only when
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this story and I am loving the series!

It is well written and has some fantastic characters. The writing style is really suited to this genre and I loved the flow. The storyline had me gripped from the beginning and I loved the ending!!

4.5 stars from me rounded up to 5 stars for Goodreads and Amazon – I really enjoyed it!!
Steve Russell
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Yet again Jason Smith amazes!
He moans about Gregg Webbers social skills, he should take a long hard look at his own!!!
How did Smyth the superintendent ever make that far. He is a stereotypical idiot according to the book. No one ever uses first names. Smith seems to plant kisses on any available woman, except for Whitton. As for police procedure, there is none. Who knows why I enjoy reading these books, as they really annoy me.
Louise Child
Oct 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Alcoholic detective tale

Really not good. This detective can't look after a goldfish ,never mind a dog .He screws up all the time and fellow police officers cover for him . No procedures are followed at all .Ridiculous .
Sarah Legge
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done, finished
Stewart is an amazing author at best, and this is no different. Poor Jason is whizzing around trying to solve these murders but to his horror, they are all linked to HIM! This one i could not stop reading thinking OMG whos next!?!? Fast paced thriller at its best.
Susanne Mulholland
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

I have mixed views. The overall storyline is good. The various sections are too drawn out and certain elements predictable. Despite this I wanted to see how it finished and what will happen next to these characters
Gary Van Cott
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has a highly improbable plot and typos. Perhaps not as many as in first book but there are still several.
David
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
What a great page turner for the first book I have read by this author.
Michele Zito
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So far so good, on to #3.
Evie McConnachie
Sep 06, 2018
Betsy
Feb 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• A Breach of Trust (DCI John Blizzard, #5)
  • To Honour the Dead (Detective Chief Inspector Jack Harris, #3)
  • The Lady in the Street (DI Helena Stratton #2)
  • The Dark Isle (The DCI Dani Bevan, #10)
  • The Railway Man (DCI John Blizzard, #3)
  • The Vixen's Scream (Detective Chief Inspector Jack Harris, #2)
  • The Murder Pact (DI Sara Ramsey Book 5)
  • Shadow Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #7)
  • A Flicker in the Night (Early DCI John Blizzard )
  • The Child in the Tree (DI Helena Stratton #3)
  • Revenge on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin mystery, #2)
  • Dark Origin (DCI Dani Bevan, #9)
  • Killer Lies (DI Mariner #3)
  • Baby Lies (DI Mariner #4)
  • To Die Alone (Detective Chief Inspector Jack Harris, #3)
  • Sacrifice (DI Scott Baker #5)
  • On a Dark Sea (DCI Dani Bevan #2)
  • St. Benet's (DI Tanner #2)
After reading English at 3 Universities and graduating from none of them, I set off travelling around the world with my wife, Ann, finally settling in South Africa, where we still live. After Ann dropped a rather large speaker on my head I came up with the idea for a detective series. DS Jason Smith was born. Smith, the first in the series was finished a few months later. 3 years and 8 DS Smith ...more

Detective Jason Smith (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Smith: A Detective Jason Smith Thriller (Detective Jason Smith #1)
  • Ladybird (Detective Jason Smith, #3)
  • Occams's Razor: Be careful who you trust (Detective Jason Smith #4)
  • Harlequin (Dectective Jason Smith #5)
  • Selene (Dectective Jason Smith #6)
  • Horsemen (Detective Jason Smith #7)
  • The Girl in the River: Smith's First Murder (Detective Jason Smith)
  • Lost Boys: A DS Jason Smith short story (DS Jason Smith Thriller)
  • From the Mouths of Babes (Detective Jason Smith series)
  • The York Trilogy: The First 3 DS Jason Smith Detective novels