Start by marking “This is Your Destiny (Curse Keepers Secret #3; Curse Keepers #3.5)” as Want to Read:
This is Your Destiny (Curse Keepers Secret #3; Curse Keepers #3.5)

This is Your Destiny

(Curse Keepers #3.5)

Collin Dailey is a trapped man: struggling to make a living as a fisherman, deep in debt to the gangster he does business with…and shackled to his destiny as a Curse Keeper. Sworn to guard the sealed portal to hell, Collin yearns to escape the dark duty that binds him. But his dream of outrunning his tormented life may be an impossible one. After all, he can’t turn his ...more
Published January 20th 2015 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about This is Your Destiny, please sign up.
Denise Grover Swank The first one was released last January. It is This Place is Death and is about the origin of the curse. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

The…more

The second is called The Changes Everything, and tell what really happened the night Ellie's mother was killed. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

(I have no idea why they are numbered the way they are.)(less)

Start your review of This is Your Destiny (Curse Keepers Secret #3; Curse Keepers #3.5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This Is Your Destiny is #0.7 in the Curse Keepers series by Denise Grover Swank.

In this short novella we really get a good look at Collins’s life and what made him the man we have gotten to know in this series. I knew his life hadn’t been good but had no idea at how bad it really was. His alcoholic, abusive father who hated his fate of being the Curse Keeper. His mother who struggled with severe depression. We meet his younger brother Conner. I think this shocked me the most. At the man his
Jamie
This is a prequel novella to the Curse Keepers Trilogy. Taken from Collins perspective. We get glimpses of him from childhood to just before meeting Ellie. While this book had me feeling sympthetic toward him it also shows even more information that he knew about but never shared! He must have gotten that behavior from his grandmother. She had many secrets and I felt we just begin to scrape the surface of what she knew.

His father I hate!! I thought I hated him before but with how he treats
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

This is Your Destiny is another amazing short story tie-in to the Curse Keepers series, this time focusing on Collin and telling his side of the story and his involvement with the curse. I loved being able to learn more about Collin and finally see things from his point of view. This short story made me even more excited to get my hands on the 4th book of the series and see how things are finally going to turn out!

I absolutely
Jamie Davis
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another Slam Dunk!

Denise Grover Swank nailed Collin Dailey's story with this novella! The puzzle pieces of his behavior and choices click into place with the turn of each page. Collin's childhood paved the way for the young man he would become. He was taught the Dare Keeper would destroy him, but he never had a clue that the parts of him she would destroy would leave room to reconstruct a better man.

I flew through this book - just couldn't put it down. Like all Denise Grover Swank novellas,
Linda Quick
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have long been a fan of Denise Grover Swank's books and have loved the Curse Keepers series. In the series, Collin creates strong feelings in the reader. This novella (which is set as a prequel) answers so many questions about why Collin is the way he is. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must read. If you're not yet a fan, start with book 1, The Curse Keepers

As usual, this novella is an exceptional read and one that I could not put down.

Thank
Kushnuma
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free advanced ebook copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This novella tells us a lot more about how Collin Dailey's life was like before he met Ellie and we learn a little bit more about his family.

I quite enjoyed it as we find out a lot of things about Collin as it is in his point of view. Additionally, we are able to understand him a lot more.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an advanced copy.
Courtney
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Colin

I loved this one. I love Colin! I loved a little story in his POV. I really liked getting his back story. I didn’t read these books through my first read of the Curse Keepers books but I’m so glad I went back and read them. A lot of info that I didn’t realize I was missing.
Miranda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Collin’s POV was good to see. Part of me wished it was sooner and I would have loved to see more of his POV with his interaction with Ellie after. It all makes sense on how everything unfolded prior to the breaking of the curse. I enjoyed it however I want more. Curious what the next series will entail on if continues their stories.
Ashley Maude-Lecholat
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book explains SO much! I am glad that we got to read the prequel last - it just helps to tie everything together. From Collin's view, we discover his motivation, his relationship with his brother, mother and father. He was put into a tough situation at an early age and he did only what he knew to survive and support his mother and brother. Those decisions are starting to impact his life now and he is forced to do things that he may have never considered before. A great little book that just ...more
Angela Shockley
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Possible spoilers ahead! Please do not read if you have not read the first three books and two novellas of the The Curse Keepers series!**

**My review is based on my NetGalley copy**

This novella answered almost everything I wanted to know about how Collin F. Dailey ended up in the restaurant with Ellie Dare Lancaster to break the curse in The Curse Keepers. After reading this one, I absolutely understand his intentions in all three books released so far. I also understand why he is always so
Angela
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book from 47North and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I used to live in North Carolina and in 7th grade, you are required to take a North Carolina history class. I fell in love with the Lost Colony when I took that class. I have always been fascinated by it and interested in everything about it.

I have loved reading Denise Grover Swank's take on the Lost Colony and what happened to it. The series has been fantastic. The supernatural element that surrounds
Cindy
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is Your Destiny is a novella that is a prequel to the Curse Keepers Trilogy. It's from the perspective of Collin Dailey leading up to meeting Ellie. I feel that TIYD, although a prequel, is best read after The Curse Keepers first book. It goes into a lot of detail on many things that are brought up in the first two books. If only reading this beforehand, those small snippets may not mean much, but as background to questions I had after reading The Curse Keepers and The Curse Breakers, it ...more
little 'ole me
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
well this explains a lot! now we begin to see what a rotten life Collin has had and why he is the way he is. Poor Ellie was always going to be in for a rough time if Collin has always been told she will overpower him in the end and he has been deceived by the gods from the very start.
I loved reading this novella as it gets me thinking what could happen in the next story in the series.
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Your Destiny is the third novella in the Curse Keepers series that gives Collin's background and perspective. I like Collin so I was excited to be able to read his point of view and feelings. This book helped readers understand his feelings towards Ellie and the curse, especially in the beginning of the series. Collin can definitely be frustrating throughout the series so it was nice to understand his behavior, actions, and thoughts. I love being able to read another character's point of ...more
Samantha Malstrom
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! After reading the whole series and seeing what Collin did, it is surprising and eye-opening to see what he was taught and thought about the curse before the series began. It just goes to show you that there are two sides to every story and that two different sides can see one situation so very differently. Of course, now I would love to see at least the first book from Collin’s perspective, and what he thought when he actually got to know Ellie, but I’m so glad that I got to see this ...more
Emily Martin
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We spend the entire series focused on Ellie. This book is all about Collin and his journey to becoming Curse Keeper. I love this book because it helps me to understand why Collin made the decision he did in the first book. While I don't think he did the right thing, I understand why he did it. I really enjoyed getting to know Collin more intimately and learn about his troubled past. As always with Denise's books the writing is wonderful and everything is so descriptive.
Linda Rout
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
A short story #3 to the Curse Keepers series

Again I think this group of 3 short stories should have been in one book like the first book of the series. Instead of having to pay extra for each little morsel of information. These little morsel fills in a lot of information about the series can be read with out having to spend the extra money. I think the author is wrong for making us pay extra for the complete storyline!!!
Sheri
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like This Changes Everything, this short story gives the reader insight into the characters in the series. This story is told through Collins perspective and adds dimension to his character. We learn how his grandmother taught him about the curse and how the curse effected his family through the years.
It leaves the reader wanting another story, to see where Collin's relationships go with with his brother, and of course with Ellie.
Christine Bishop
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the Curse Keepers Series!

Great addition to the Curse Keepers Series! This is a short story that is told from Collin's POV. It tells the story of Collin and why he broke the curse and we also learn a little bit about Collins childhood. If you are a fan of the Curse Keepers Series than I definitely recommend reading this short story.
Lynda Custer
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Insightful Prequel!

When I read the Chosen Keepers Series, I did not see this novella. Wanting to reread the series, I saw This is Your Destiny. I’m so glad I did! Wow! What a fantastic lead in to the series. This book shares Collins dilemma, his relationship with his brother and grandmother. A great read.
Mona  Brown
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Collin's story

This is the story of Collin before we meet him in Cheese Keepers. It tells us why he made some of the decision he made, and gives us a little bit of his history and what shaped him into the man he became before he meets Ellie. It is very interesting to see his side of things and his family's version of the curse.
Andrea Hastings
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fantastic!! I need more. It was so helpful to get Collin’s story. I have always loved Collin and hope if we get more Curse Keepers stories that Ellie and Collin will end up together. Knowing Collin’s backstory makes me love his character even more. His story explains so much about Collin’s behavior and why he always seemed to be hiding something from Ellie. Did I mention I need more?
Angela Page
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

I love this book. It was about Collin and what happened leasing up to breaking the curse. It made me love and hate Collin. Hes very complicated and so it the role he plays. Its nice to see backstory, it rounds out the picture of the characters. I cant wait for more Collin and Ellie.
Shona Edwards
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read to know more. I love how it goes into detail about Colin Daley. You get his side about what happened and how it all came to be. It answers why he went into ellies place of work and broke the curse. I think it was a great way to end this series.
Nicki
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short story about Collin leading up to the breaking of the curse was great. Seeing where Collin comes from and what the Manteo line passed down. And fitting pieces of the Collin puzzle into place. But I still have more questions and I can't wait for more Curse Keeper books!
Bridget Perry
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A curse keepers secret book 3

I like that this is from the man’s point if view. It explains why he did some of the things he did and why he did not share but the barest information. I can’t wait for the next book.
Angela
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well... well... well... in this novella we learn about Collin and his past. It helped me understand Collin's behavior and the choices that he made throughout the series. So happy Denise decided to create a novella around Collin. This was a great addition to the series.
Bri Trejo
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening

I just love how the book enlightened me on Collin’s role in this amazing adventure. I got to see the beginning through Collin’s eye and hear his side of the story.
Deidre Hasenbalg
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked the little background these novellas show. It helps understand more and see a different point of view.
Melissa Salinas
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Again I didnt think the novellas were all that necessary but they did give some additional information.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Of Fire and Storm: A Curse Keeper Novel (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series)
  • Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Descended from Shadows (Book of Sindal Book One)
  • Recombinant (The Blood Borne #1)
  • Replica (The Blood Borne #2)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • In the Line of Ire (Lexi Graves Mysteries #13)
  • Unearthing Truth (Piper Anderson Series Book 7)
  • Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #1)
  • Defending Innocence (Piper Anderson, #8)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Save Your Breath (Morgan Dane #6)
  • Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)
  • Gertie's Paranormal Plantation (Tales From the Paranormal Plantation #1)

Curse Keepers (3 books)
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)