Start by marking “Jumping In (ALPHAS #6)” as Want to Read:
Jumping In (ALPHAS #6)

Jumping In

(Alphas #6)

When love’s on the line, the brave jump in with both feet…

Small town cop Clint Rivera can’t catch a break. His ex of two weeks is suddenly getting married, his dogs tore up his furniture, he’s getting evicted, and he’s out of beer. When he decides to solve his alcohol shortage by going to his ex’s engagement party, Clint winds up too drunk to drive himself home.

Enter gorge
Published February 6th 2015 by All Romance

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Holy Insta Love, batman.

This book is part of the All Romance Ebooks Alphas series.

But don't look for alpha males too hard in Jumping In. Clint, a cop with anger-management issues, is having a spectacularly shitty day. Invited to his closeted ex's engagement party, Clint comes home to two naughty puppies, a destroyed couch, an eviction notice, and spilled beer.

This is NOT acceptable.

So Clint crashes and gets pissed at the engagement party. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Or not.

Bu
Rosa, really
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it

Are you having a crappy day?

Cause I've got to tell you, a few hours ago I was having a pretty shitty day. I was lazing around wondering if 4pm was too early to go to bed and, if it is, should I instead go purchase the largest box of wine I could possibly find?

Okay, maybe not that big. But you get my point. Day: crappy. Sleep: seems like a swell idea. Wine: perhaps an even better plan, but it would involve clothes and a trip to the supermarket. Boo hiss!

But then I remembered I had a new Cardeno C
Gigi
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, that definitely was not what I expected in a story for this series, but it was a pleasant and welcomed surprise. Yes, MC Hawk is the epitome of an "Alpha" but not in a fashion one would initially expect in a M/M romance short story. He showed up out of nowhere and completely plowed over MC Clint's lackluster, clueless, warm hearted life.

If you listen hard enough, you can almost hear Clint's soft, breathless, "My hero."

Recommended!
☆ Todd
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Wow, this was seriously some Gays of Our Lives insta-love on steroids, but was so short that it didn't come across as believable.

Plus, if I'm being honest, it made several of The Gays seem the slightest bit cray cray.

Clint broke up with his closet case, had to flee town for two weeks, then came home and started kicking holes in the drywall of his apartment.

Clint's closet case ex, Ewan, had his engagement party two weeks after said breakup, then expected that they can keep having sex. (Uhh, 'fuc
SheReadsALot
3.5 HEARTS--Officer Clint Rivera is having a very, very bad day.

So bad it feels like the universe is against him. Why?

He's being kicked out his apartment, his closeted ex-lover--who he wasted many months on--is suddenly getting married after two weeks of leaving Clint. And this cheating douchcanoe had the audacity to send Clint an invitation to his engagement. After internally raging, he returns to his soon-to-be ex-home to find it destroyed by his lovely dogs.  This would drive a man to dri
Susan
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it

I’d like to believe that I’m mostly a fairly discerning reader.

And then there are times that I like what I like and I can’t entirely explain why…but I do.

Jumping In is insta-love at it’s finest. It’s alpha males at their alphaest. It’s growling and owning and overbearing. It is reminisent of Kristen Ashley books. Shit, one of the MC’s name is Hawk…HAWK! You cannot get MORE Kristen-Ashely-esque than that.

And it was EVERYTHING. I loved it. Well…I ate it up at least. And I smiled. And I was satisfi
BWT (Belen)

5 Stars

I love Ezekiel Robison. I love his character voices (with extra kudos on bringing Hawk's "whiskey smooth and gravel rough" voice to life) and his easy way of narrating so the story just flows seemingly effortlessly into your ears. Ezekiel absolutely brings out the passion, humor, and romance in this.

4 Stars

This is a short (super quick), fun, sexy, humorous novella with what seems like insta-love to the nth degree...but it's a hell of a lot deeper than that.
“Seems like your people readi
Jewel
Wow. That was a train wreck of a book. It wasn't really my cup-o-tea, the insta love was a touch too insta for me, and moving in that quickly, was, well, no. But it did have a very amusing start.
Helen
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well , I didn't even mind that one of the MC's was basically a stalker ! It's getting 3 stars , because it was so short . Only took me a couple of hours to read .
Breann
3.5 hearts

Clint is down on his luck and just having one crap of a day. I found it to be quite amusing, thankyouverymuch.

He decides to end his horrible day by getting wasted at his ex's wedding. He tried to leave alone, but Hawk Black decides to see him home. Good thing, because they were effing hot together.

There's a lot of insta going on. Insta-lust, insta-love, insta-sex... but I didn't care much because there were so damn sexy.

So. Damn. Sexy.

I guess there wasn't insta-love on Hawk's part, si
Amanda
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clint just got dump not long ago and now his ex is getting engage... with a woman. Eck! Meanwhile, Clinton is aware of his super hot boss attractiveness, but definitely not going there.

Hawk, the boss in question definitely surprise me. When he decided to make his move on Clinton. He went all out. Finding out that Hawk fell in love with Clinton at first sight and decided to move to the town and basically waiting for his chance to serenade Clinton is unbelievable, but have a certain appeal to me.
Karen
On the upside I've learned something about my self. I really, really hate writing reviews for books that I didn't enjoy. I know...I'm not alone. I've been procrastinating and putting this one off. Seriously did you know I have a million and one things that I need to do before I can get this done...ok, not really but I wish I did.

So here goes short version. In theory this sounded good, cute a nice feel good story about love at first sight...insta-love, whatever term you want to use. I was ready t
Leaundra
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one was a quicky and they fell in love fast(I'm pretty much always fine with that) I would have loved it to be longer because I really liked the MC's and just wanted to enjoy more of their story. Plus I just plain love Cardeno C's books.
Lelyana
* 3,75 Stars!*

I want Hawk Black for me! Yes, a stalker, pushy, determined, great lover and a KEEPER!

HAWK is a keeper people!

Clint came home from his camping trip after a broken heart. His ex was getting married, to a woman!
Okay, scratch that, Ewan is not even important!

Let's see how Hawk mending Clint's broken heart by telling him everything he had done for about two and a half months, yeah, stalking, just because Clint is so sweet and have a heart for broken puppies...Oh, how sweet...!!!
And I a
Dee
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: forth-feb
3.5 stars harshly not rounded up!

This was cutesy, sweet, sappy luuurve! No idea who was meant to be the "Alpha" - neither hero was particularly macho or anything, maybe I'm being unjust, as I enjoyed this alot, but it was for sure not what I expected. Plus Clint was just too gooody good. I mean, his boyfriend had clearly been cheating, was getting married, where's either the hurt feelings, the hurt pride or the mega pissed off? They lasted all of ten seconds and were gone. Shallow much? And Hawk
Kazza
Shelves: sweet, contemporary
Sexy, humorous, OTT love, and worth every second spent reading it. Cardeno C really hit the right notes with Jumping In. The title is apt for the story and I liked both characters. And dogs, who can't help but like a guy, or two? And dogs with a guy or two? Aww...

NSFW Review at  photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Vallie
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: spicy-hot, mm, short
Hahaha! Talk about "insta" on steroids!Insta-lust, insta-love, a creepy cross-country move for someone you've never met, and love declarations hours into the hookup. Still. It was cute, hot, and entertaining.
Makhda
I re-read it. It became one of my de-stressing books.
So as usual, I'm upping the rating. :))
(Originally 4 stars)

**************************************************

Sexy and funny!
Nice little treat. :))
Ele
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Holy mother of insta-love. What a hot mess! Well, I enjoyed it nevertheless.Short, hot and somewhat funny.Nice break from heavy stuff
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jumping in by Cardeno C is a bite sized morsel packed with a juicy punch. Savory and sweet. Such a great short story. It had me craving more right from the start.

I'm usually not a fan of insta-love or stalkerish behavior but it totally work with this story....
I loved Clint & Hawk. I found them to be interesting, intense and oh so yummy. CC was able to give us quite a bit about them in a short amount of time. Down on his luck Clint is sweet and vulnerable. While confident Hawk is a take charg
Christy
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle, arc
I love a good alpha male just as much as the next female, and when it's written by Cardeno C., regardless that it's way too short and I could've kept reading forever, I had to jump right in. I can guarantee that Hawk Black is more than worthy of being called alpha, and Clint Rivera sure got lucky, along with having his hands full, in more ways than one.

Poor Clint. I honestly had to laugh at him, although it really wasn't funny. He's just gotten back from a two week camping trip only to discover
Jonetta
Sometimes you just need a good, short, insta-love story and this one works.

Hawk Black's a unique-styled Alpha, one who's not beating his chest, just stepping up and taking control of a new relationship to move it forward, and fast! Clint Rivera is a nice guy who's ready for a committed, romantic relationship but, until Hawk, has settled for lonely or the last jerkwad who was only interested in closeted sex.

Loved Clint and was utterly charmed by Hawk. Yes, it was a bit fast but it was SO feel g
Lorraine Lesar
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First Cardeno C for me and I LOVED IT! Just as I was finishing the last few pages, "About the Author" popped up and it said "........is a hopeless romantic, who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwwws" into a readers day" and that is exactly what she achieved - I did a lot of "awwwws" - it was that kind of book! Hooked from the first page until the very last one and definitely want to find out what else this author has to offer. It's short, witty, sexy as hell and for me, 5* read all t ...more
Arthur
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ahh... another book where the main character simply knows what he wants and doesnt do anything stupid to achieve his goal. It is love-at-first-sight story, and what Hawk (or Clint as well) does might raise eyebrows, but I think it fits the title, Jumping In.

The spectre of the ex, which Clint broke up only 2 weeks before, is there, and it brings up a bit spice for otherwise very sweet book. It does have a feeling of a bodice ripper story, though.
Yrisa
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet, no angst, heartwarming story. Pure aww :) Feels like 50 - 60 pages long. DL file was really small.
Gina
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This was quite enjoyable short read, but I have enjoyed others stories by Cardeno more. Still a sweet read.
Diverse
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-2017-dr
I do love me some Cardeno! Jumping In is a short and sweet dose of this author! It is absolutely insta love but surprisingly it worked really well for this story.

Hawk is the Deputy Mayor and he is just terrific in every way. He adores… Seriously adores Clint, a small town cop. If anyone else did what Hawk does they would be labeled a stalker no question. But it works for Hawk.

Now, this is book 6 of a series I haven’t read and didn’t know it was part of a series so it’s safe to say you can read
Star
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, insta-love, sweet
Short, sweet & fluffy read

• Lumber & Law (Shoes & Ties, #2)
  • Tougher To Love (Jasper, #1)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Mine
  • Paulie
  • Floodgates
  • Murphy (F.I.S.T.S. #2)
  • Detour (Something in Common, #1)
  • A Reason To Stay (Heroes #1)
  • High Concept
  • Where the World Ends
  • Royal Flush
  • Out in Time
  • Compromised (Uniformity #1)
  • Heaven Can't Wait
  • Wolf in Gucci Loafers (Tales of the Harker Pack, #2)
  • Sidelined (Southern Scrimmage #2)
  • Imperfect
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more

Alphas (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Bearly Controlled Alpha (ALPHAS #1)
  • It Was Always You (ALPHAS #3)
  • Two Howls (ALPHAS #4)
  • A Civilized Mating (ALPHAS #5)
  • Under His Claw
  • Seducing Rain (ALPHAS #8)
  • His Flight Plan (ALPHAS #9)
  • Midnight Run (ALPHAS #10)
  • Quinn's Virgin Woman (ALPHAS #11)
  • Lucian's Soul (ALPHAS #12)