Start by marking “The Last Portal” as Want to Read:
The Last Portal

The Last Portal

Severe weather patterns - storms, floods and strong winds - are sweeping across planet Earth. Against this backdrop, three high school students, known and tormented for their strange abilities, fight their own battles against school bullies. The discovery of a strange key by their leader Chris Reynolds plunges all three through a portal into a sister world, Cathora, in ...more
ebook, 1, 159 pages
Published December 11th 2014 (first published December 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Portal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Portal

Start your review of The Last Portal
Billie Kretzschmar
Mytar

I thoroughly enjoyed this children's book. It's perfect for ages of eight to eighty. Good against evil just like the world we live, and what we can accomplish if we work together.
Barbara Senteney
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tale of three friends, Chris , Joe , and Susie,who get sucked into a portal and into another parallel world, of strange people and creatures. A world torn apart by an evil man seeking to use the portal for evil purposes.
When first arriving they are in awe of the beauty and color of this strange land.
This book is full of adventure, and kept me feeling like it was a life and death situation.
The 3 children are the Mytar who have psychic abilities that develop when they get to this world, but
Linda
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

A story about three young misfits that discover they are a whole lot more. Enjoyed the journey of the characters Chris, Joe and Susie. I liked the creativity of the author to take normal issues we all can relate to and taking the characters above and beyond what they thought they could do to be so much more. Learning to explore their own power within. I have already bought the next book in the three book series to keep enjoying the journey. I recommend this book to everyone to enjoy.
Elizabeth Jane
Just ok for me...

I've had this book in my library for quite some time because even though the premise seemed super interesting, I just never felt like starting to read it. I guess my "sixth sense" was kicking in there! The writing is choppy and juvenile. Many ideas are repeated over and over (ie "we're just kids!" ) for no meaningful reason. I stopped at 89%. I kept holding out hope that the plot and writing would improve. It didn't.
Linda Burchfield
Kept me in suspense!

At first I didn't think I would like this book, but the more I read the more I enjoyed it. The story kept me wanting to read more. I'm a slow reader but this book kept me so interested that it was hard for me to put it down. You will be overcome with shock at some of the "twists" in the story at least I was! I've suggested this book to some friends and grandchildren who like the same types of books I like. Well enough here I off to book 2 of The Mytar.
Liesbeth
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this fantastical journey to the other dimension, and the characters where portrayed well what happens when you find yourself in another world, it would be hard to digest and even harder and they see you as your saviors. Especially if you are only kids. I loved the plot twist in the end and look even forward to read the next adventure book.
Maria  Dewaik
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written story that takes three oddball kids into a new world where they become very important with new powers that they didn't know they had where millions of creatures depend on them to save not only their world but the world the children come from as well. Good overcomes evil and they live to fight another day.

The descriptions of the battles had me right there with the kids fighing along and rooting for them to win the battles. When they were discovering the underground world, I was
Elizabeth
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another book with many twists and turns but I really liked it. I can't help but think what happens with the bully at school when the kids return home. Will Chris and Joe stand up to him?
Lance
Jul 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Annoying main characters

Never liked the annoying main characters. They stated off fighting and bickering and stayed that way. It never was funny or enjoyable it was just annoying.
Teresa
Blurb:
The Mytar 1
Carolyn Woods
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Last Portal opens following Chris as he goes through his day. He's beaten up by the school bully, misses the school bus, gets detention, and hangs out with his other "strange" best friends.

His life changes when he finds a mysterious key in the grass, and then he and his friends try to determine how it works.

As the story moves on, the use of the key is figured out, and the reasons for many odd events early in the book become clear.

I found the main characters surprisingly resilient as they
Shannan Williams
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I was very impressed. I read this book in just a few hours as it was very fast paced and full of action. I noticed the age limit on this book is 10-17well I am an adult in my early 40s and I loved this book!
Three friends who didnt fit in at school are sucked into a portal and land in another dimension. In this dimension these kids are highly valued and needed for far more than they ever dreamed or could have imagined.
The book is action
Diana
Nov 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Chris, Joe and Susie seem to be the outcast at school, being bullied but what they are soon going to discover is that they are meant to do something great. They get sucked through a portal to Cathora where they learn they are Mytarr and their destiny is to protect all planets from The evil Zentor. They learn that they each have a unique ability. Shocking revelations and unlikely betrayals. This story keeps you wondering about your true allies. Great read. Full video review on YouTube channel ...more
Bec
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I read this as an adult rather than young adult and enjoyed it. That said it's definitely geared towards the younger audience and I would have no issues with my 10 year old son reading it. The story was quick and easy to read. Three best friends are thrown through the portal into another world where they soon learn the fate of that world, and Earth, rests in their fate. It was fun learning about the 3 friends developing their skills and reading about how they use them. There is plenty of action ...more
Jacinta Carter
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Even for a middle grade novel, this book was a bit too juvenile. The world building is great, but huge chunks of unnecessary exposition cause the story to drag, and much of the dialogue feels uncomfortably forced. The idea of three awkward teenagers falling through a portal and conveniently being the "chosen ones" who are supposed to save the multiple universes at risk has potential (though it feels a bit overdone at this point), but most of their victories seem achieved by accident rather than ...more
Emmy
Dec 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
I started off really liking this fantasy! Then IT happened. And I couldn't get over it ...
My thoughts keep going back to two kids hurling hailstones at one another in a hail-ball kind of fight ... Seriously? What kind of parents are they? It's been storming all day. The mom is upset they came home soaking wet. But go play in the few minutes between storms?

And when a tree on fire crashes through the living room window, they wanna put the fire out instead of seeking sheltor elsewhere ...

I just
Simon Leonard
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this book. Started reading it Thursday evening and couldn't put it down. The characters are easily related to and theIreland back story was well written. The storyline and twists kept me guessing all the way through the story and can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Janelle
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Three friends, sucked through a portal to a world where no one is as they seem. Even the kids. They all have special powers and are the only hope for keeping evil away from earth! This was an enjoyable and fun read.
Lynne Moody
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. The storyline is placed in a strange other world that bring a crazy fun read to this book. The characters have special gifts that makes them all misfits that YR will love.
Destiny Brown
Oct 17, 2016
Hunterland
Aug 13, 2018
Jennifer Laska
May 08, 2017
T
rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2018
Oct 07, 2017
KATANA TRONSHAW
Feb 28, 2019
1 follower
Librarian Note: There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads database.

Robert Cole was born and grew up in Sydney, Australia. After achieving a Bachelor of Science (Honours) at the Australian National University he travelled extensively and returned to Sydney to complete a Doctor of Philosophy in Molecular Biology. Following a Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Sydney University, he worked