Start by marking “Pwned” as Want to Read:
Pwned

Pwned

Reid is having a rought week. He's not sleeping well. He's just been saddled with an impossible project at work. And his girlfriend has disconnected her phone and left him for Fartherall Online.

When Reid dives into the massively multiplayer pwn-or-be-powned world of Fartherall Online, he's only got one quest in mind: to find and win back the love of his life.

After all, it'
Published 2014 by Quiet Thunder Productions, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Pwned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pwned

Naomi
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a really gripping book, The adventures are epic video game level and the characters are incredibly human. I love it, I found it because Matt vancil created two of my favorite shows JouneyQuest and The Gamers. I was ecstatic, but not surprised, to discover that his stories are just as amazing without actors to translate them. Seriously, I'm writing this at work and I'm glad it's a slow day because I was up until 3:30 a.m. unable to put it down.

Reid is getting ready to propose to Astrid, h
Aly White
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
The way I know how much I love a book is by how hard of a time I have putting it down. This book is awesome! I could see it in film in my head and hear the characters speak. It is a really well written book and I hope to read more from Matt Vancil in the future!
Mouselet
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: gamers, tech-savvy romance readers
When people talk about online games, such as World of Warcraft, they talk about how absorbed people become in these fictional worlds. Pwned was every bit as enthralling a read as the very games it is inspired by. I read it in a single day and it was almost physically painful to put the book down in the midst of its climax because my lunch hour was over.

I was already familiar with Vancil's work through the Gamers movies and the webseries JourneyQuest - works which speak to the niche crowd of peop
Geir
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great read, and just as long as it should be. Follows up on the familiar ingame/out of game viewpoints we know and love from the The Gamers movies, only this time in an online setting. Some of the characters from the movies make an appearance, though the main characters are fresh ones.

Apart from some statistically rather improbable events (that are mostly pointed out as such), well written, once I got into it it kept the pages turning (or, in this case the scrollbar scrolling, as I got the ePu
John
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you've ever played any type of online game, you'll be right at home with Pwned. From the off, the story sucks you in, as will the in game depictions. My only complaint, is that the story ended. Fingers crossed for further adventures. One of the most enjoyable novels I've read in a long while.
Jonathan
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: games-gaming
I love it when an author knows what they're writing about this well. It just felt very authentic in trying to emulate MMORPGs and, to a certain extent, their players. I'm looking forward to reading more, if Vancil is willing to continue the story.
Scarlet
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, e-books
I probably shouldn't give it a 5-star rating because I generally reserve those for books that I place in my top ten of all time. But since it was pretty much exactly what I expected and wanted from a Gamers book--I give it 5 stars. A great way to tide over Gamers/Journey Quest fans between movies.
Andrew Grimberg
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
It's been quite a while since I picked up a book I read in a single sitting. Matt just captured my attention and held it the entire time.
Patrick
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: litrpg
3.5
Keith
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and look forward to seeing more from the author, hopefully in the same universe
Allen Shepherd
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow such a great read. not saying that because I backed the kickstarter. anyone who has played a mmo will understand what is going on in this book and bring back feelings some good some not so good.
Craig 'KODIAKC' Black
if you played an MMO or dated someone playing you know lol fun read
Stephen
Felix Glynn
Jun 29, 2015
Michelle Huss
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun story and a must read for fans of roleplaying games and MMOs.
Sarrah