Start by marking “Aurelious Forty; Volume One” as Want to Read:
Aurelious Forty; Volume One

Aurelious Forty; Volume One

Aurelious Forty has led a lonely, troubled life. He stays disconnected from the world around him with no family and no friends. He lives merely to exist…to survive.

Aurelious’ life changes in an instant when an impulsive decision forces him to abandon everything he has ever known. Choosing to follow strangers into a new world, he discovers he was born with a gift so strong,
ebook
Published December 20th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Aurelious Forty; Volume One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aurelious Forty; Volume One

Lelia Taylor
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here we have a young man who's a true loner, just a few steps shy of being a hermit. He doesn't want to be away from all people as hermits do. In fact, he is entranced by people and always wants to observe them and write about them on his treasured laptop; what he doesn't want is to know people, to have them in his life in real form, to engage with them in any way. His lack of connection with others might lead one to think that he's anti-social and perhaps he is but one should not make the mista ...more
Andy Peloquin
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YA Urban Fantasy is NOT my genre, but I found myself drawn into this book—and couldn't put it down until I finished it. The writing was solid, the story line had me intrigued, and I found myself wanting to know more about not just the main character, but the others around him.
Without spoiling anything, I will say I found the explanation of the characters' powers and abilities fascinating.
Now, I gave it a four star review for three reasons:
1. Slow pace. The story moved very slowly, and lacked ve
Lisa
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know what to expect when I first starting reading this, but it did not disappoint. I could not put it down as I could not wait to see what was going to happen next to Aurelious and what fate would send his way. This is one of those books that as you read you can just picture the whole thing playing out for you like a movie. Onto book 2...cannot wait to see what adventure Aurelious is sent on especially with the cliffhanger in book 1!!
Kaitie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. If you're looking for a book recommendation, this is mine to you. I will not give any spoilers but I will say that this is the type of story that leaves you wanting more. Character development is quite possibly one of the most important aspects of any good story, and boy, Dianna Beirne nailed it.

Can't wait to read the next installment!
Bernadette
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
You know a book is good when randomly throughout the day your mind wanders to thinking about the characters. I burned through this book in two days and I can't wait to get the rest of the series!
Barbara White
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I certainly didn't expect Aurelius Forty: Volume One to be what is was when I began the story. I enjoyed watching Aurelious develop as a character. The story made me want to keep coming back for more. Chapters being short made me lose track of time while reading. I'm anxious to read the next volume. I want to know what occurs.
One thing that bothered me was the misuse of "then" and "than" throughout the book. It broke my concentration.
Thanks to Goodreads for my copy of this great story.
Haddie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As a character, Aurelious is so . . . I can't express it right. I related to him so much while reading. There is a guest post below that hits the button on target. So, I won't add my mumbled-jumbo. The story was so well described, there is no better way to say that I l♥ved it. Brekwyn and Anira ♥ I would imagine them to be amazing people if they were real. I was home-schooled as well, so I related to Anira there.

Full review - http://haddieshaven.blogspot.com/2015...
Danielle
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time putting this book down. When I wasn't reading I found myself thinking about the story and what could happen next or what the characters would be up to like they were friends of mine. I highly recommend this book. I'm looking forward to the second book. well done Dianna!!
Katrina K
Aug 26, 2015 marked it as goodreads-win  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads win. Will read and review once received.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Holly
Amanda Sakovitz
Barbara
Jul 22, 2015

• The Doomsday Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • Aftermath (After the Fall, #1)
  • H.A.L.F.: The Makers (H.A.L.F., #2)
  • Darkening Chaos (Destroyer, #3)
  • Day Zero: The Book Of Patrick (Day Zero #1)
  • Days of Judgment (The Fall of Man #1)
  • Starblind (Starblind, #1)
  • Fool's Ride (Jenkins Cycle, #2)
  • A Far Cry from Living
  • Gates of the Arctic
  • Thirst (Alex Graham #1)
  • Condition - Book One: A Medical Miracle? (The Condition Trilogy 1)
  • The Tribulations of August Barton (August Barton, #1)
  • Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress
  • Fractured Memories (Jagged Scars, #1)
  • Survival Aptitude Test: Sound (The Extinction Odyssey Book 1)
  • The Immortality Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Innkeeper's Sister (Honey Ridge #3)
Dianna Beirne lives in a fantasy world. Okay not really, but part of her wishes she did and, since that’s technically impossible, she writes about fantasy worlds instead. Her first Young Adult novel entitled Aurelious Forty; Volume One quickly turned into her first Young Adult series with the addition of Aurelious Forty; Volume Two and, Aurelious Forty; Volume Three.

When not writing, she’s general