Start by marking “Aftermath” as Want to Read:
Aftermath

Aftermath

(The Afterworld Saga #1)

When high school student Emma meets immortal secret agent Ben, their hunt for a deadly criminal may thwart their undying romance… An "exciting" paranormal story (School Library Journal).

After losing her father, Emma Bennett moves to her aunt’s small town of Westport to finish out her senior year. While trying to forget the pain and loss of the past few weeks, Emma finds
ebook
Published December 2nd 2014 by Clean Teen Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Aftermath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftermath

Start your review of Aftermath
The Gypsy Emmy
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I just can't believe how such an excellent concept that should be riddled with excitement and mystery could be turned into something so absolutely boring. Yet somehow, that's exactly what this author did. This novel had the potential to be brilliant. Instead, we get extremely dull, immature characters and a choppy writing style that left my head aching.

I was extremely disappointed with this novel and it will
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-read
What I liked about this book (I liked it after I put the book down, not at the time) was that it didn't tell you all the facts of what was going on at once. You didn't automatically get all o the background details of who everyone was and what was going on; they were gradually given to you. At the time, this may have caused a bit of frustration when I got a bit confused as to what was going on, but altogether it contributed to the twists of the plot and heart-breaking (and heart-warming) moments ...more
Melanie
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is an epic love story that transcends even life and death. It will hold you suspended in time from the first page until its conclusion. With the two perspectives you get a real insight to how events are evolving and have you holding your breath to find out if there is a way for this to work out.

New and original this author will take you on a journey that will have you torn between desperately wanting to know what happens and not wanting it to end.

Add it to your TBR list NOW! V""V
Kelly Risser
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This unique story is told from the alternating views of Emma and Ben. A delightful blend of suspense and action is mixed into an epic love story. It's an amazing read!
Katherine Paschal
**Review on https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ **

Emma thought her day couldn't get worse after a fight with her father over the senior trip camp out, but when she is called into the office and informed her father died in a car accident, her life as she knew it was over. She goes to live with her aunt, in a new town and a new school, leaving everything she knew behind. But then she meets Ben.
Ben has been searching for his wife Elizabeth for years while serving as an Immortal Agent, but he had
Coco.V
Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/10/2019)!
Liza Jane
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviews
I received this ARC e-book from NetGalley and Clear Teen Publishing in exchange of an honest review.
I was completely hooked by page one but ultimately disappointed with the ending until I learned this was the first book in a series.

I’ve been trying to write this review since I finished the book late last week and am having a hardest time putting into words everything that went into the 380 pages it took to create this world of Ben Parker and Emma Bennett.

There is so much packed into each page
April Damon
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brief synopsis:

Ben Parker has found his soul mate in Emma Bennett but will chasing immortal bad guys get in the way of a love that transcends life as we know it?

Review:

Ah, young love. Sandy Goldsworthy’s first book in the Afterworld Saga, Aftermath, is all about overcoming obstacles in the quest to finding your soul mate. It opens up a new paranormal world to readers that is both intriguing and perplexing. There is so much potential to this series. You can almost sense that potential shimmering
Janis Hill
I would like to thank Clean Teen Publishing for a free ARC of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an open and honest review.

What an interesting book… really not too sure if it was for me though. I can’t say it is a new favourite for me, but it had its moments. Personally I wasn’t a fan of the double perspective of the storyline (seen from Ben and Emma’s points of view) as the writing style for both characters was almost identical and, if I wasn’t paying attention, I would often forget who
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
This review can also be seen on my blog I Heart Fictional People

Ever wonder about the possibility of past lives and soul mates who find each other in each life? In Aftermath, the first book in the Afterworld series, by Sandy Goldsworthy, Ben, an undercover agent for the Afterworld’s Bureau of Investigation, has been waiting for his soul mate for what seems like forever. He soon finds her in Emma, a senior in high school. After she suddenly loses her father and is forced to move into her aunt’s
Barbara Desmond
Got this book from Net Galley. This book slut needs regular feedings. Thanks for keeping me well fed.

I really like the cover despite the guy looking like he's going to suck the life out of the girl. It has this glowy otherworldy look about it. Does that even make sense? It certainly got my attention more than the title. Usually it is the other way around when I'm unfamiliar with an author. Prepare to be shocked by what I'm about to reveal. This is the first book in a series.

This book is told
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Aftermath is an interesting reading experience. On one hand you are reading a teenager’s story from her view of school, boys and life. On the other hand you are reading a paranormal novel from Ben’s viewpoint. He’s found his life soul mate once again and is determined to be a part of her new life. Yet his work as an agent requires that he continue the search for a crazed killer. He will have to divide his attention at the worst possible time.

I found Aftermath to
InD'tale Magazine
Told first through Ben's, then Emma’s eyes, "Aftermath" presents a refreshing angle from which love grows, even as the main characters' connection is tested by obstacles.

Read full review in the 2015 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Amy
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a clean teen romance that had many different aspects to it. The dual story was great. I like reading books from different points of view.
It was a very long book and the ending was a little confusing, but overall, it was a great book to read!
I would like to thank NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for allowing me to read this book for an honest review.
Robyn Dempsey
It was a good book. I liked the dual perspectives but it was longer than it shaped have been. Glad that I bought it paperback instead of hardcover.
Lindy
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good clean read. It was rather longer than it should have been but I liked the dual perspectives. Didn't like the ending but I guess it was left for part 2.
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is between a 2 and 3 star rating for me.
Was it bad? Yes.
But did I finish it? Yes.
The fact that I could actually bring myself to finish it makes me think it should get 3 stars.
But if I think about how much I enjoyed it and if I would ever recommend it to someone else I want to give it 2.

I hated this book until about 53%.
From 53 until 85 I tolerated it.
From 85 to 90 I enjoyed it.
From 90 to 100 I went back to just tolerating it.
It’s not HORRIBLE. It’s just boring.
I had a whole in
Marissa
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thanks Red Coat PR!

Aftermath is the first installment in The Afterworld Saga which is a young adult fantasy mystery series. The story is told from alternating points of view between the female lead, Emma, and the male lead, Ben. I was drawn to this book because of the concept of the Afterworld's Bureau of Investigation and the concept of a rogue immortal running on the loose. Unfortunately, I felt that these aspects of the story
Kandy
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't read paranormal books often and I hesitated with this one until I talked a bit more with the author.

This is about Ben and Emma meeting in high school. Or so we think.

Emma is going through a rough time, has to move away from her home. She meets a few girls and makes some great friendships.
Ben is kind of standoffish at first but comes around hoping to become a friend also.

The way this story is written it is pretty lengthy and highly detailed. It switches POV between Ben and Emma every
Jeraca
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

I was really excited for this novel because the synopsis sounded amazing, but I was a bit disappointed overall. I just couldn't connect with Emma and Lucas, and the story was very slow for me. I'm sure the second book would be a faster paced book, but I just wasn't a huge fan of this book, sadly.

However, it was an original book that is unlike other books I've read - which is great because a lot of YA books are
Tricia Copeland
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Aftermath follows two characters Ben (an immortal) and Emma (a high school student). Ben has been searching for Emma for decades and now he's finally found her. But evil surrounds her and he worries he may not be able to protect her. Emma has no clue that Ben is an immortal. All she knows is that she is strangely drawn to him.

Both characters are wonderfully written and the plot and story line held my attention from beginning to end. I loved how the author gave you just the
Roxanne Davies
Unfortunately this book wasn't for me and unfortunately I couldn't even finish the book.
For me personally the story lacked any action or intrigue. I felt there were too many characters to keep up with and I honestly couldn't understand where the story was going hence why I couldn't finish the book.
I really hate giving low star and negative reviews but I promised an honest review and so there you go.
little 'ole me
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have absolutely loved reading this book, it has an original plotline which I loved to follow. we follow Emma and Ben's individual story and learn about how they are connected through each other from since time began almost. the conversations that are held through thought are really funny at times. I will now be searching out the other books in the series.
Dana Wood
Feb 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this was a 420 page book that could have been written in160. its about an immortal who is looking for his lost love and she happens to be a highschooler. and all the highschoolers do is drink. and smoke pot. and drink. and go to.school. this was a shallow book and the slowest character development. the plot was sloooooow and then the ending was stale. very dissapointed. waste of time
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly different.

A beautiful story with a fresh look on life after life. The beginning was a bit slow for me would have been better with more explanation for the coming storyline. Other than that I loved it. Emma and Ben’s story moved me deeply, by he end I didn’t even care how it started I just never wanted it to end. Will be continuing this series.
Melanie Mason
Disappointed in the unnecessary language

I enjoyed the story for the most part, but the last half dragged a bit. I got really annoyed with the f-words. They weren't necessary and I ended up skimming to the end. Also the teen drinking was a little overboard. I won't be buying any more of her books.
Angela
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know what to think about this book. The story line is unique. But it’s so long and goes in so many different directions. There’s so many side stories. They do all eventually make sense. The characters were ok. Wish there was more depth to the story. More feelings. I wanted something to draw me into the story and hook me and I just didn’t get that.
Courtney Huchton
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy Stump
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I haven't read a book anything like this storyline everything fit together perfect. The characters were fantastic. Love Emma and Ben. Hated all the secrets but the book was really good. Loved it.
Pat
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. I'd like to read more about Emma and Ben but I have to admit this was a bit of an odd book and sometimes I was speed reading just to move things along. Ultimately I'll probably read the sequel though.
Indie Authors Mon...: Paranormal Romance For Review 1 12 May 27, 2015 12:31PM

• Birthright (Legacy, #1)
  • Fading (Fading, #1)
  • An Affair to Dismember (The Matchmaker, #1)
  • The Dragon Princess: Sleeping Beauty Reimagined
  • Black-Tie Christmas: A Sweet, Young-Adult Christmas Romance
  • 'Twas the Night Before - A Magical Holdiay Romance Anthology
  • The Girl In Between (The Girl in Between, #1)
  • Introductions (The Ghost Bird, #1)
  • Black Crown (Darkest Drae, #3)
  • Chase Tinker and the House of Magic (Chase Tinker #1)
  • A Brush with the Moon (Foxblood, #1)
  • Undraland (Undraland, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
  • The Starless Sea
  • Mooncakes
  • The Kishi (Tales from Esowon #1)
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • The Flame and the Arrow (Annika Brisby, #1)
Sandy Goldsworthy was raised in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, blocks from the rocky shores of Lake Michigan. As a child, she fantasized about becoming an author. She jotted story lines in spiral notebooks and drew images of characters that never came to life. Her passion for putting pen to paper began when her high school English teacher inspired her to be more descriptive in her work. Ever since, Sandy ...more

The Afterworld Saga (3 books)
  • Afterlife (The Afterworld Saga #2)
  • Aftertime (The Afterworld Saga #2.5)
“You’ll be there for her through this aftermath. Then you move on and let her finish her life.” 0 likes
“SOs, as we called them, infiltrated society, held jobs, owned houses, and participated in normal everyday life, except they were not human. They were dead, like me.” 0 likes