Start by marking “Have You Seen My Potty?” as Want to Read:
Have You Seen My Potty?

Have You Seen My Potty?

When it's time for potty training, both toddlers and parents will have fun with this book. Told in verse, it's the story of Suzy Sue, who has something very important to do! The truth is, she needs to poo--but someone has snatched her potty away! Kids will laugh at the big, bright color illustrations as they turn each page, and as Mom or Dad reads Suzy Sue's funny story. W ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by B.E.S. Publishing (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Have You Seen My Potty?, please sign up.
Mrs. Smith I think it might be a little old for a teenager. It depends on how old a teen he or she is. I would wait until your child is fifteen or sixteen, then …moreI think it might be a little old for a teenager. It depends on how old a teen he or she is. I would wait until your child is fifteen or sixteen, then let him/her read it.(less)

Start your review of Have You Seen My Potty?
Matt
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suzy Sue's potty has gone missing and she really needs it. All the animals on the farm marvel at the greatness of this contraption and use it for their own needs. However, when Suzy Sue comes looking for it, they deny having it... until the real reason for why she needs it becomes apparent. Neo told me that he would never share his potty with another person, let alone an animal. Good to know, young Neo... but you do not use a potty anymore, right?
Jessie
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This book is hilarious! Don't let the title fool you, it's not really a "potty" book as in teaching potty. It's a humor book. My son has been potty trained over a year, so I hesitated getting it but after flipping through it at the library I decided to check it out anyway. He thinks it is just the funniest thing ever. The rhyming is cute. I think children ages 2-7 (and maybe even older if they enjoy potty humor) would enjoy this book.

The PLOT:
Susie Sue needs to use her potty, but it gets stolen
Lee Ann
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have been looking for a potty book for my toddler that encourages him to start using the potty. I must say that while this book is very entertaining, and my son loves it...it has not resulted in him being moved to actually use the potty ;-) I love Mij Kelly's illustration and clever British humour. My son who at 2.5 has been asking mommy to buy all of the books advertised at the back of every book(note to children authors: brillant idea b/c it thins my purse daily), and this being one of those ...more
Julia
One of the funniest books I've ever read! Great for potty-training, I'm sure, but it also makes for a hilarious read-aloud in storytime.
Sylvester
2* art
3* story/rhyme

Fuuuunnnyyy. Squirt had many laughs, and wanted to read it over and over. He loves any book that has the word "poo" in it. High literary standards.
A Allen
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a silly story about farm animals that have taken a liking to Suzy Sue's "poo-pot" and are passing it around among themselves. Yuck. Meanwhile, Suzy Sue is asking all the farm animals if they've seen her potty and they say no ... because they don't know what a "potty" is. Eventually, Suzy Sue has to go poo with or without her potty and as she is about to "go" the animals come to her rescue with the potty. They say "If only she'd told us she needed to poo!" Poo humor isn't for me.
Heidi-Marie
I like this one. The animals using it is just silly and funny. And the repetitiveness stresses the importance without beating you over the head with it because children like repetitiveness. Cute illustrations as well.

3/24/18 Read this tonight with SS. He liked it--enjoyed pointing out the animals on the potty, naming the animals. Kept saying "Poop!" throughout the book. Unfortunately, SD was taking her bath at the time and missed it. I think she would have had a good laugh. Turning in since we w
Keeley
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don’t normally add the child’s books I read on here even though I read around 15 a day to my daughter but I thought this one deserved a place on goodreads because my little one loves it and we both had a giggle the first time we read it. This book is a must read for your little baby’s we think it’s so good, mummy has to read it every day along with a bed of your own also written by mij Kelly.
Jenna Mills
Probably fun for kids potty training
Holly
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is ridiculous, I love it. Read for potty storytime.
Abigail
Nov 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
AJ (age 2.75) would probably give this five stars. On my own, I'd probably lean toward three, so I compromised. This is a much more fun book for potty-training than most. Of course, it's not the teensiest bit practical, but it works well (in our house) for being an appropriate and enjoyable book to read while my daughter is in the bathroom. Illustrations and rhyme are only okay (I think), but both also have their moments. Don't buy it if you have trouble talking about poop. Also in that case, do ...more
Christina
Sep 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
(Early Childhood) This book is great to use for potty training. It is about a child who walks around a farm asking the different animals for help on where her potty can be found. The animals explain how they go potty, but the little girl realizes that she is different from them. It has great images to go along with the story, and kids can learn a bit about the "potty" while they read. This would be good for Pre-K or toddlers.
Gianina
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is not a potty training book in the technical sense but it is so funny! My daughter requested it every day until we had to take it back to the library. She declared the animals to be "sneaky, sneaky!" For an older child it could prompt a discussion about honesty and what constitutes lying which could be used as a learning tool.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Sept 14, 2008

"Haven't you learned...
Or have you forgotten...
Always poo with a poo-pot
under your bottom!"

Very lighthearted, very funny. Definitely not "The Potty Book". My two year old loves it. So does my six year old.
Angie
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I thought this was really funny. Suzy Sue looks increasingly desperate as she is searching for her potty and the animals are hilarious as they wait their turn to use the poo pot. Great humorous potty training picture book.
Catherine Johnson
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is such an awesome picture book! The illustrations are lively and bright and the rhyme is excellent. Rhyme is king! It is very cute and very funny. I had to read it as soon as I saw the title, it reminded me of the puppy and our lack of training success :)
Kelly Ann
Apr 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I'm not a big fan of "potty" books, but this one I loved. A girl sets out her potty which has been stolen by the farm animals. Pictures add hidden messages and clues to the story. There are two plots simultaneously taking place and they merge in the end.
Kellie
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patrick
Of all of the potty training books, this one was the most fun by far!
Angie Arndt
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very cute! My daughter loved having me read this one!
Amberly
Sep 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My favorite picture book we read this year! Brings much-needed humor to potty training.
Stefani
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-picture
A hilarious first book of potty humor! Not another teaching book, but parents and toddlers will have to laugh.
Renee' Williams
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book and we enjoyed reading it as Sophia is potty training.
Mary
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-stuff
I normally don't enjoy books about potty training, but this was so funny and cute!
Stargazer
Jun 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-under-12s
under 5's
Tara
May 13, 2010 rated it liked it
This book is hilarious! All the animals use Suzy Sue's potty to poo! Meanwhile this poor girl is holding it in.
Shelli
May 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Funny way to talk with your little ones about using the potty.
Karen
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My daughter loves this book and it always amuses us.
Tania

• Mervin the Sloth Is About to Do the Best Thing in the World
  • Cooee Mittigar
  • Where the Forest Meets the Sea
  • Daniel's Potty Time
  • The Key to Rondo (Rondo, #1)
  • Spelling Rules Workbook
  • Love, Ghosts & Nose Hair
  • A Day at the Seashore
  • Thomas & Friends 5-Minute Stories: The Sleepytime Collection (Thomas & Friends)
  • Hop On Pop
  • Where Is Bear? : A Terrific Tale for 2-Year Olds
  • Steam Train, Dream Train
  • Someone's Sleepy
  • Tale of the Brave (Thomas & Friends)
  • Blue Mountain Mystery (Thomas & Friends)
  • Thomas the Tank Engine: The Complete Collection
  • Working for Bigfoot (The Dresden Files, #15.5)

What could be more beautiful than the laughter of children? That's why I write. You can find out more about me and my books, and read essays for children - and adults - on imagination and the craft of writing at my website.

For notifications, give-aways and competitions, like "Mij Kelly's children's books" on Facebook.

Look out for The Bump, which will be published on 6th October. I wrote it when my

News & Interviews