Start by marking “A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler” as Want to Read:
A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler

A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler

(A Court of Thorns and Roses)

Get a FREE sneak peek at the first four chapters of New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas' thrilling and seductive new series, which blends Beauty and the Beast with faerie lore.

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about
Published December 11th 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler

Start your review of A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler
Casey Ann Books
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ll start off by saying what an immense ride I've just been on while reading this book. Sarah j Maas has a knack for the most enticing atmospheric writing.Ihaven't come across anything like this, such a refreshing read.I haven’t felt this way about a fantasy series since reading Julie Kagawa’s highly popular fey series.

A girl trying to look after her family while stuck in server poverty.... Kills a wolf to sell his skin, only to find out he's part of an enchanted court in her enemy's Kingdom
Caru
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5 Stars

My Opinion of This Book: My Goodness, this sample was amazing.

_____________________________________________________

The writing was flawless & breathtaking, but then again, it's Sarah J. Maas we're talking about here, so of course the writing is going to be gorgeous. The characters were all strong, complex, and unique. And. That. Ending. Just a few words to describe that ending: amazing & I NEED MORE. I need this book, why won't it come out sooner??!
Kim
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Warning... This is just a sample, free on Kindle, the first four chapters. This book is not released till May 2015.

Sarah J. Maas never disappoints me. I love all of her books. I was hesitant to read the first four chapters cause I know I have to wait till May for this book. But dang it I couldn't resist. It is sooo hard to wait patiently for a Sarah J. Maas book. The first four chapters gives us a look at this amazing world and it's characters. I already love everything about this book. I WANT
Kitty
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARGH! Why did it leave me hanging there????
Here's my mini review @
My Little Corner For Books
Whitney
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
SO GOOD.

I NEED THE WHOLE THING!!!
Lynxie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy fans
So I got the free sample from Amazon, it's the first few chapters of the book due for release in May 2015.

It teases you into wanting to read the rest of the book - and read it I shall, but not until much later in the year when I can purchase it.

It has whet my appetite for Sarah's writing style. It's simultaneously flowing and descriptive but also tells you just what you need and no more.

A brilliant glimpse into what will surely be a great book.
Ivy
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Looks good so far!!! The only problem with reading a sampler of a book is it makes you want to read the book even more!!! :-). Looking forward to reading more of it when it comes out!!!

I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Sarah J. Mass and a fan of the Throne of Glass series.

Awesome!!!
Amanda
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, reviews
Amanda @ Of Spectacles and Books

My Bookish Thoughts:
I feel like this is the moment to freak out. As many of you know, Sarah J. Maas is coming out with a new book May 2015, and it is the definition of awesome. Sadly, I don’t have the ARC… which makes me want to cry, but I digress. I am about to tell you guys how awesome those first four chapters are.

She creates a really sad and lonely world for her protagonist Feyre (pronounced: Fay-ruh). She has two older sisters who rely on her to keep them fed
Mallory Hudson
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytales
I am in love already! Feyre (clever name) is strong, and has the appropriate psychological and sociological reactions (so far). She's not made out as a perfect martyr, more like Katniss than Bella (thank tha lawd). I'm ready to become absorbed in this world! May cannot come soon enough!
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
I really, really liked and enjoyed reading this 40 page sample of "A Court of Thorns and Roses," and cannot wait to read the full-length novel in May!
Cat Bee
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This has got me hooked!
I have seen this story talked about everywhere, but I never paid much mind to it because it did not sound like the type of book I would be interested in. However, after coming across this 4 chapter e-reader sample I thought I would give it a try. I'm so glad I did! I loved the chapters I read. I will definitely be picking up the complete book. I'm very excited to read it!
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tamlin, don’t be the mystery mousketool.”
— Lucien at some point
Χρύσα Αναστασίου
I LOVED IT AND I NEED MORE!

Why did I do that to myself? Why did I read the 4 chapters like I didn't already know I'd probably need to read the whole book right away? I really liked Feyre and I get a "Celaena Sardothien" vibe from her. I know she's going to be awesome and badass! I can't wait! Also, I'd like to read more about the "Beast" guy for whom I've heard some good things (like super hot Fay who sometimes takes of his shirt kind of guy).

Sarah, why are you doing this to me???
Kate Jarmyn
Okay, I didn't actually just read this eSampler, I re-read the whole book but there isn't an option to include re-reads so adding this will have to suffice! I wanted a refresher before starting ACOMAF & it was just as good the second time round. Keen to start the next one now!
Elysse
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
AAAAHHHHH can't wait!!!
Jess Munnery
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why did I read it? I read Chapter 1 sometime last week on a magazine website and then this came out. Why am I teasing myself? Why?
Michelle
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Entertaining but so similar to other stories I found myself loosing interest (Beauty & the Beast meets every other Fae story)
Raabia
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OOHHMYGOOOOOD I LOVED IT
But I feel like I've read the scenario before.
BUT WHO CARES I LOVED IT
DAMMIT GIVE ME A SEQUEL NOW!
Booksinverse
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll be honest, I DNFed it the first time I picked it up. That was when it was released. Later due to all the hype, I gave it another shot and I'm so glad I did. This book is slow. The whole thing really doesn't start until Feyre shows up at Under The Mountain. Even then it was only the beginning. So 4 for this. This has to be my top favorite read for 2019.
Pip Snort
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Please do not be Twilight...

A song of fire and ice this is not, but as a young adult fantasy with a bold female heroine it has some potential. I hope this is not another Stephanie Meyer as I cannot ever get those wasted moments back...
Madeline
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
well... i actually really liked this but would almost classify this as New Adult instead of Young Adult, so i would definitely advise this for mature readers !! And the second book is sooooooo much better BTW
anmane
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm using this as a substitute entry for Maas' short story "Wings and Embers", which is also set in the ACOTAR series.
JAQUELINE
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love reading fast phase book! Literarly i couln’t put down the book, it was so good and i wanted more and more each chapter! Hands down one of my favs!
Amy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin? There isn't a single thing about a Sarah J Maas book that I don't just love, and ACoTaR is no exception. Stunning settings, deep, wonderful characters, and a rock solid plot.
UnKn0wnB0oKs
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
talk to me once you've finished the series...
✰ Alexandra ✰
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this is how i'm counting reading it a second time- fabulous although it was much much harder to read knowing how much i love rhys in acomaf and how blah tamlin is
Isabella
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7th-grade
The first 4 chapters of this book made me want to head to the book store NOW. It gave a good look at Feyre's personality and the overall view of the book.
Ea Solinas
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Imagine if France and most of England were dominated by different courts of Faerie, while Germany and the southernmost part of England were ruled by mortals.

This is the setting of "A Court Of Thorns and Roses," Sarah J. Maas' fourth fantasy novel. The "A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler" allows readers to check out the first four chapters of this story (plus map), which is just enough to get you excited about the story -- influenced by the medieval legends of Tamlin and (possibly a little) the
Fallon
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Feyre and her family are starving and the only way to feed them is for her to hunt to put food on the table. Hunting close to the line separating the mortals from the fey, Feyre spots a deer and has her sites set on it till a large wolf also decides to kill the deer. Not sure if the wolf is a fey she uses her only ash arrow and shots to kill. The wolf is taken down as well as the deer. Not able to carry both she cuts the wolfs pelt to sell later.

Feyre sisters have never had to work always
Kate
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I re-read this book a month after reading it to experience it again can't wait for the next one!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mi maldita adicción (Bilogía Tabú nº 2)
  • Hablando Sola...
  • Вещиците от Витоша (Софийски магьосници, #3)
  • Finding Perfect
  • The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3)
  • Red Queen 4-Book Collection: Books 1-4
  • The Boy and His Angel (The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window, #1.5)
  • Gangsters Without Borders: An Ethnography of a Salvadoran Street Gang
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Seven Years to Sin
  • Tiger, Tiger
  • The Lover, Wartime Notebooks, Practicalities
  • Facade (Deception, #1)
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #3)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5; On the Ropes, #0.5)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Kage Unmasked (Kage Trilogy, #3)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

A Court of Thorns and Roses (6 books)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #6)
“To the stars who listen-and the dreams that are answered” 57 likes
“It’s a good thing while you have superior hearing, I possess superior abilities to keep my mouth shut.” 8 likes