Start by marking “The Bearly Controlled Alpha (ALPHAS #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bearly Controlled Alpha (ALPHAS #1)

The Bearly Controlled Alpha

(Alphas #1)

Logan is part bear, part wolf, all alpha SEAL. Honey is a headstrong shifter herself. When they get together, it’s one explosive claiming…

Logan Teairry is a rare hybrid alpha feared amongst the shifting community. He has come back to the small town of Sugar Crest to settle down after his military tour with the SEALs has ended. What he doesn't expect to see is his mate in
ebook, 1st edition, 57 pages
Published February 1st 2015 by OmniLit / All Romance eBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bearly Controlled Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bearly Controlled Alpha

Start your review of The Bearly Controlled Alpha (ALPHAS #1)
Bookloverme
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a short and steamy read about two shifters.

Logan, 32, was a hybrid shifter. He's half wolf and half bear. Honey, 25, was a badger shifter.

He was a SEAL and decided to come home and settle down. He went to the real estate office because he bought a property and she was there, working as a realtor. They knew right away that they're mates.

Honey has always been in control of her life and relationship until she met Logan. He was a dominant man, an alpha. She's a strong woman but still know
Barbara➰
**3.5 because it's so short.**

Super short, smutty mate story. I actually wanted more of these two. He's a hybrid wolf-bear and she's a badger named Honey. Epilogue was a year later but I would have liked to have seen babies.
Emily
3.5
Logan is half bear, half wolf and pure Alpha. When he arrives in Sugar Crest, Alaska to make a quiet life for himself he doesn't expect to meet his mate. Honey is a honey badger shifter who is used to being in control, but her mate is not the one who will be submitting, it is her.

Quick read. Overall good story, Logan is demanding and Honey could have easily rejected the mating is pushing all of her natural instincts aside and allowing Logan to mate with her. I would have liked the story a bit
Reader
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
I might have given this a higher rating but there's no story, unless you count a shifter showing up where the heroine works taking her home and mating her That's about it.
Deborah
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok

I have to say my first thought when I read the blurb on this book was 'What the Hell' a bear/wolf shifter and a badger shifter....really!
Logan Teairry is back in town and as a bear/wolf shifter he's unusual and huge, he's just finished with the Navy Seals and he's come back home to settle down, he's bought a place up out of the way since he wants his solitude but that's about to change once he meets Honey the badger shifter who's his mate.
Now I do like Jenika's books you're always guaranteed a
Lauren
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter, fast-paced
I liked both Logan and Honey. I liked that they had chemistry; I just wished to see more of them. I liked Logan’s attitude and his determination to get his mate. Some of the scenes in this book are panty melting hot.
Alpha knows best is a fast paced shifter romance. Although it wasn’t my favourite book of Jenika’s, I enjoyed it.

Half bear, half wolf shifter Logan knows Honey is his mate instantly. Despite being feared for his hybrid status, he is determined to make Honey his. Strong and
Ansu
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Mmmmmmmm........ how do I review this one?.

Well.......... the following words - Dominant came up more than 8 times, the word Alpha came up about 14 times, the word submit/submission about 18 times, in an extremely short story.

It just seemed like we where just bombarded with these words alone in the story. I think we got it that Logan was Alpha and Dominant and that Honey will Submit to him but to seriously repeat this over and over was way OTT.

Worthless reading, don't waste your time move on to
Georgina Parkin
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Great sex, epilogue kind of ruined it for me with the shifting. I think to pull off shifting in an erotic shifter book it should be done somewhere closer to the start, maybe before sexy times happens. Putting it at the end and just for a run felt awkward and like it was thrown in to show they're definitely shifters. It wasn't necessary to me and felt last minute.
Debbie
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!

What a great read!! I just absolutely loved it and can't wait to read the next book!!! It is a most definite must read!!! Happy Reading!!! :)
Kathryn
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Erotically charged story about instant attraction.
Vampress Bathory
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute little short story!!!
Patricia Bello
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this! A little OTT but in a fun way! :) The story is kinda short but that’s fine with me. Pure escapism.

Looking forward to the next brother.
Tina
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Bearly Controlled Alpha by Jenika Snow is a hot steamy intense read. I loved the extremely alpha character of Logan Teairry. He is big, controlling and wow so very hot. He is a mix shifter, half wolf , half bear all alpha. He certainly knows what he wants and is willing to go after it.
Honey, is a badger shifter, they are known for their stubborn nature. Well she has met her match in Logan. He knows how to keep the little badger under his control. I really liked how well matched these two
Gucci 35
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Alpha knows best is all about Logan Tierrny claiming his mate honey badger Honey. Logan is a hybrid half bear and half wolf being an outcast his entire life he joined the Seals at a young age and never thought he would have a mate, his entire world was turned upside down when he came back to his home town. Logan found his mate, he will claim her ,mate her and become her world. Honey usually dates males she can control but when she meets her mate Logan she will submit to him and enjoy the
Selina Durio
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Bearly Controlled Alpha by Jenika Snow is the first in All Romance Books Alpha series. What was most intriguing about this book was that the alpha was a hybrid wolf / bear shifter. While I am having a difficult time picturing this partially shifted animal as described in the book, I find this an interesting combination. What was even more interesting was the mating of this hybrid to a badger, named Honey. This was a cute story and great start to this grouping of books.
Lisa
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was fun and steamy read about two strong characters that first meet and make it work ( Logan and Honey).

I like that even though Honey is a strong independent honey-badger, I admire that chooses to be Logan's mate. I love the smuttiness but I love the care they have for one another and that Logan explains what it would mean to be his mate.
Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you want a quick steamy, dirty read then this is for you! Logan got the dirty talking game down. He is definitely one of the best dirty talker I ever had the pleasure of meeting. And I like that we get to see small moments of his gentless towards Honey. He's an OTT alpha male but he definitely adores Honey. The sex is 10 stars good! They get down and dirty from the get go!
Connie
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Enjoyed!! Storyline is short, fast paced, hot and centers around meeting one's mate and claiming that mate. Logan is a wolf/bear shifter and Honey is a badger shifter with instant chemistry being they are fated mates. Lovable characters.
Ceola
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: all-romance
I've read other books by this author. This one was disappointing.
There was a barely there storyline.
If it was categorized as erotica. I missed it!
Shaky proofreading. Just not good in my opinion
Janet Rodman
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I usually enjoy stories by Jenika Snow, but I was disappointed with this one. There was very little story, a lot of sex, and that was about it. I like a story with the sex added, not that being the main topic.
Amy Miller
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great hit in my book. Logan is as alpha male as they come when he meets Honey he unleashes this in full force. I love the dirty talking hybrid so much. The story was full of hotness. A great read
Anita
Wishing it wasn't so short.
Victoria
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow! I would of called this book ...'Very Controlled Alpha'. Lol ! Talk about foreplay and dinner too. This short story was one long foreplay ...all for her with a great ending for both ;))
Katrina
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
A lot of cuss words and really no story line at all. Glad it wasn't too long. I would have felt like I wasted my time.
Nancy
This a basic meet, realise they are mates, and then hot dirty sex...and I MEAN HOT & DIRTY. Finished up with a short epilogue.
Harris Gonley
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic short story!
Bobbie Yen
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was short, but good and hot
Donna Wells
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alpha knows best

I really enjoyed this book I was getting anxious waiting for them to be together but it was worth it
I can't wait to read more.
Sekena Price
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
good quick read 3.5 stars
Janette Lopez
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when a half bear half wolf shifter meets the badger mate? Read to find out! This is a great quick read!
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Paranormal, Werebear shifter [s] 12 44 Sep 05, 2015 11:15AM

• Naughty or Nice
  • His Innocent Mate (Unforgiven Country #1)
  • Christmas Vows
  • Filling Her Up
  • Locked Up Love
  • Ringing in the New Year
  • A Forbidden Mating (Unforgiven Country #2)
  • Bitten by the King (Virgin Blood, #4)
  • Mated to the Reaper
  • Owned by the Bastard (The Soldiers of Wrath MC, #1)
  • Muse
  • Con Artist (Breeding, #6)
  • Lift
  • Cocky (Taboo Shorts, #5)
  • Bought and Paid For
  • The Harder They Fall (The Soldiers of Wrath MC #8)
  • Wild Ride (The Soldiers of Wrath MC #7)
  • Bent, Not Broken (The Soldiers of Wrath MC #2)
Jenika Snow is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and has been a published writer since 2009.

She can be found at:

www.jenikasnow.com
FB: www.facebook.com/jenikasnow
Twitter: twitter.com/jenikasnow
Email: Jenika_Snow@yahoo.com

Alphas (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • It Was Always You (ALPHAS #3)
  • Two Howls (ALPHAS #4)
  • A Civilized Mating (The Instinct, #1; ALPHAS, #5)
  • Jumping In (ALPHAS #6)
  • Under His Claw
  • Seducing Rain (ALPHAS #8)
  • His Flight Plan (ALPHAS #9)
  • Midnight Run (ALPHAS #10)
  • Quinn's Virgin Woman (ALPHAS #11)
  • Lucian's Soul (ALPHAS #12)