Start by marking “The All Souls Trilogy Boxed Set” as Want to Read:
The All Souls Trilogy Boxed Set

The All Souls Trilogy Boxed Set

(All Souls #1-3)

A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, and The Book of Life, now available in a beautiful boxed set

With more than two million copies sold in the United States, the novels of the number one New York Times–bestselling All Souls Trilogy have landed on all the major bestseller lists, garnered rave reviews, and spellbound legions of loyal fans. Now all three novels are avail
Published May 26th 2015 by Penguin Books (first published October 30th 2014)

Start your review of The All Souls Trilogy Boxed Set
Kelly Robinette
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've been trying for a few days now to compose my thoughts about this trilogy in hopes that I won't ramble too much when I review it. I can't promise that I won't ramble a bit, but I think I've finally got it down. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't purchase the boxed set. I read these individually from a friend who recommended them to me. And, I read the physical books. Normally I'm not too particular regarding physical books or ebooks, but for these I'd definitely recommend reading t ...more
Aug 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Take a young independent very intelligent and capable female historian (who happens to be a witch) and have her meet a dominant sexist, condescending, chauvinistic over-bearing dominant minder of a man (who happens to be a vampire) and PRESTO the woman turns into a little girl who just wants someone to take care of her and tell her what to do and she becomes completely incapable of independent thought or of handling her own situation.

It’s cringeworthy to read how her will is gradually chipped aw
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Dec 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-not-read
All 3 books for $1.99 on Amazon!
Hannah
Mar 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Let me start off by saying that I really, really wanted to like this book and this series. All three were gifted to me on my birthday in 2017, after having seen them on shelves (and MAN do they look good on a shelf!) of family members who raved about them. I made it about 115 pages into the first book before I stopped completely. (More on this later.)

Fast forward to this winter (18'-19') and the preview for the show caught my eye. I DEVOURED the show, I'm not even embarrassed. I watched the whol
Lucinda
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing series. I binge-read the trilogy and did nothing else for 4 days and 5 nights. Seriously the best.
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In many ways this trilogy is the grown up version of the Twilight series. However, where Twilight's prose is often flat, Ms. Harkness creates a vivid world of witches, vampires, daemons, and humans. While the characters are supernatural, the themes of racism and intimate partner power imbalances are decidedly human. ...more
DJ
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A Discovery of Witches: 4 Stars
Shadow of Night: 1 Star
The Book of Life: 3 Stars
Booked
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The one that propelled me to the books was the TV series. I skipped the 1st one and read the last 2. The TV series is better. The books on the other hand were a struggle. I finished it, but it was just ok. If you loved english lit and C.L. Wilson writing style (I liked her better), then you will like this. Yes she is a proficient writer. She's proven that but is it that necessary to do some muscle flexing with the story. It really didn't need it. It was way too extra. It wasn't moving the story ...more
Anastasiaadamov
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A different pace from the usual urban fantasy. Liked it a lot!
Anna
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to enjoy this series. I love seeing magic and science blended together. There's some really good worldbuilding in this book/series, but the characters really fall flat.

Its just another stereotypical old male vampire and young naive female forbidden romance story. A lot of the characters act really inconsistently, and there are a ridiculous amount of characters to remember in general, especially in the subsequent books. (I ended up just earmarking the page whenever a new characte
Lindsay
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy. That was a wild ride.

I ended up binge reading the entire trilogy back-to-back-to-back and it was phenomenal.

I literally couldn't put this book down. There was so much going on, so many plot points all coming together and developing that I was glued to my kindle.

This book, this series, was just amazing and I'm really kicking myself for not reading it sooner.
Once
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Will add reviews as we complete each book in the trilogy!

A Discovery of Witches:

A Discovery of Witches is the first book in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. The plot is based around Doctor Diana Bishop who is doing research for a speech she is going to give about alchemical images. Diana is not just academic, she is also a non-practicing witch. She turned her back on her heritage after her parents were killed when she was just a child. While doing research in the library she comes acro
The Book
Oct 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Urgh. I fought my way to the end of book one, and part way through book two, but I just can't. It's SO BAD.

Chief reason: Diana, the lead character, is a perfectly intelligent, capable, confident woman until she meets the vampire and then she turns into this gooey, fainting mess who is apparently incapable of even making much of a decision by herself or having any insights AT ALL without the vampire by her side. Come on. This shit is why Joss Whedon created Buffy. You know what Buffy does when h
Siobhan
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The All Souls Trilogy is one of those I could rant and rave about for hours (hell, my reviews of each individual book neared the one thousand word mark each time due to my fangirling – and that was through holding back).

Honestly, it’s such a compelling story. To those people who deem it dull I… well, I don’t understand these people. The books are some of my favourites and I recommend them to anyone.

Seriously, give these wonderful books a read!
Kristina
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't remember the last time I was so completely engrossed in a book - three books in this case. I read the entire trilogy in less than two weeks!

The first book was a good start, although the writing got better with the second and the third book. A story that may sound very cliche is given substance by the maturity of the characters (I'm so happy that Diana is in her early 30s and not a teenager) and by the strength of the scientific and historic background.

The character development is very
booklover
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i loved the first 2...3rd was okaaaay
GIANNA
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, the first book (A Discovery of Witches) didn't feel like an adult fantasy at all. I was rather frustrated at the relationship between the main characters, Diana Bishop and Matthew de Clermont. Maybe it was the feminist inside me that was finally waking up, but I utterly hated his demeanor towards Diana and how he constantly tried to shelter her and keep her out of everything.

The second book, Shadow of Night, was far more interesting and it could be seen that the first book was only used as a
Kirsty
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, owned
Mrs Caroline Trevor
Great

I found this a really good book. Deborah is a master at writing using old fashioned methods of papers mixed in with the latest technological advances in DNA coding to great effect. There is a ton of great characters in all 3 of these books. Diana and Matthew are my first great loves, then comes along others from Ysabeau, Marcus, Sarah and Emily in a Discovery of Witches. In Shadow of night, Philippe is outstanding in his complexity, he is so impactful even though he is only in a few chapter
tejal
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
a beautifully crafted book where magic and science come together to form an epic love story!

the plot is superb, deftly written and filled with intrigue and mystery throughout! it's grounded in real world objects and history which makes it all the more fascinating.

the characters are all phenomenal! diana and matthew both come alive with well fleshed out personalities and motivations. however, the supporting cast is just as brilliant! marcus, miriam, ysabeau, gallowglass, philippe and sarah amongs
Mckenzie Reimer
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
****SPOILERS*****************
I was so excited to read this series, but instead I was deeply disturbed by the characters, angered by the plot, and overall disappointed at what I had to suffer though. This book is essentially a messed up love story between a dull woman who is “not like other girls” and an overprotective vampire who can’t live without her but spends every second wanting to suck her blood. Sound familiar? This series is basically Twilight but with fully grown adult characters.

Despit
Abby
Apr 23, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stopped-reading
This one just wasn't for me. I gave it my best shot but I just couldn't connect with the characters, the romance, or the cliched tropes. I made it to Chapter 27 and felt like there wasn't an end in sight so it was time to move on. ...more
Suzy Trott
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn’t put it down!

Brilliant books, all three - couldn’t stop reading them. Good escapism... suspense, humour and romance. Will miss not reading more...
Antoinette Bucci
Great read

Kept me interested and invested in what happened to the characters. Had a bit of everything romance intrigue and magic
Jacque
Entertaining read. Enjoyed the premise and the characters. The second book was a period timepiece which I felt dragged. The ending was fantastic. Definitely a series I would recommend.
Celena Thomson
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this trilogy more than 5 stars it was that good, it’s not my normal type of book but it was brilliant I could re-read this anytime, but I must admit it did it the wrong way around watched the tv series first and loved it then got the books and couldn’t put them down it’s a masterful series brilliant writing it had me from start to finish and wanting more. Thank you Deborah Harkness for this brilliant series 😃📖📚👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Marclyn
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!!!!

I don't think I've read a trilogy faster. Absolutely love this story, from Diana's snarkiness and courage to Matthew's passion (even if it is sometimes misguided haha)
kate
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Books 1 and 3 were good. Book 2 was fantastic! Pure escape. I looked forward to reading this series every single day. These were the first books that held my interest after my husband died. Highly recommend.
Elizabeth Donahue
My sister gave this book set for Christmas and I wasn't sure I would read it. I ended up loving it. Great story, great history included in the story and well-developed characters.
Chade66
I loved this series. I blasted through it in a few days and every free moment I had, I was on my ipad reading.

As someone who loves old books and poetry (though normally I hate poetry in fiction because it so seldom serves a purpose), this was the series for me. The magic system was interesting and layers, there were little puzzles and secret codes, interesting characters. Everything that I love in a good series. Definitely in my top five for the year!

Special thanks to Sondra Turnbull who encour
Ebook Downloader 1 3 Jul 24, 2015 12:23AM

• When the Music Stops: Discover the most emotional, uplifting new love story for 2020
  • Pinch of Nom Quick & Easy: 100 Delicious, Slimming Recipes
  • My Life as an Explorer
  • Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey, #1)
  • Spellmaker (Spellbreaker Duology, #2)
  • Untamed Magic (Magic Blessed Academy, #1-3)
  • Taken by the Gods (More than Men, #1)
  • The Stark Trilogy 3-Book Bundle (Stark Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Conjurer (The Vine Witch #3)
  • My Christmas Billionaire (The Billionaire Kings Book 7)
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Olive Oatman: A Life From Beginning to End
  • A Demon's Gifts (Vice College For Young Demons, #2)
  • No Fixed Line (Kate Shugak #22)
  • Virgo (The Zodiac Queen, #6)
  • Hunted (The Avalon Chronicles #3.5)
  • Agents of the Crown - The Complete Series #1-5
  • 而立·24 (Independent 24)
Deborah Harkness is a #1 New York Times bestselling author who draws on her expertise as an historian of science, medicine, and the history of the book to create rich narratives steeped in magical realism, historical curiosity, and deeply human questions about what it is that makes us who we are.

The first book in Harkness’s beloved All Souls series, A Discovery of Witches, was an instant New York

All Souls (4 books)
  • A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
  • The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
  • Time's Convert