Start by marking “The Audition” as Want to Read:
The Audition

The Audition

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  164 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Ever since she was a child, Allie Greenwall has wanted to get into Juilliard. But she hasn’t played the piano in six years, and she is hopelessly rusty. Her only hope of passing her audition rests with reclusive Russian pianist Nikolai Zhednov.

Published (first published December 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Audition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Audition

Shurrn
Romance, and Music, and Kink, Oh My!
...before all this, before the BDSM, before the leash, before the sexual attraction that shimmers in the air, Nikolai and I had one thing that bound us together, and it was the music. When I play, it is, in a way, a homage to that.
Tara Crescent writes beautiful BDSM Romances filled with quality characters and generous amounts of steam. She is a stop-drop-and-read author for me, and I'm always delighted with her stories. The Audition is a fabulous addition
Claire Robinson
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 - "You play the biggest role in your resurrection." Stars!

The Audition is the first book I have read by Tara Crescent. It is safe to say I was pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed, with the writing, story-line and characterizations. I am what I'd call a soft BDSM reader. I don't mind a bit of spanking, tying up, toys and light pain play, but when things go past that I tend to steer clear.

Although The Audition is probably still pretty tame by the BDSM reading connoisseurs standards, for
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*A Proper smack you with happiness 4 Nutella jars*

what an amazing quick read, first of all its tara crescent whom I absolutely adore and to a point stalk , let me tell you something about tara that women knows her BDSM to the "T". proper BDSM not the "I'm a wounded sicko kind". The love I have for tara is scary okay I'm creepy when it comes to authors ask all the authors I stalk I just never leave them alone, and love like this.*whispers hey tara*

Now moving on are story is about Alison Greenw
Dirty Dayna
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay Seriously I LOVEEEE this author and it makes me very happy to get my greedy hands on anything she writes
*this copy was provided by the author for an honest review*
4 Audition Stars
Our main character Allie is trying to get into Juilliard but her audition didn’t woo the judges and she has 5 days to correct her set and audition again.
Allie lost her mom and her way 6 years ago and turned to boys, booze and bad decisions. And one party she sat down and played the piano for the first time inn
Christine
This was a quick read. I read it in one sitting. The author did a good job with making me understand how desperate Allie had become and why she sought Nickolai’s help in getting into Julliard.

This is not a dark read, but Nickolai is not exactly gentle when it comes to his techniques in instructing Allie on how to feel in order to become a better pianist. At first I was not sure if he even liked her. Then I thought that maybe there was something that there was a relationship between Allie’s dece
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
*ARC given by the author in exchange of an honest review*
Wow. It's been a while since I was left satisfied by a novella. Great read.
Allie & Nikolai are two people sharing the same passion: music. They are pianists and former friends.
Grown apart since an accident that damaged famous Nikolai, they are brought together again when Allie decides to get her life back by auditioning at Juillard. Knocking on his door for help, she finds out that he is not the man she once knew. He takes it upon him
Taralinda
This book was pretty good, but there were some things missing that could have made it much better. I didn't feel much of a connection to Allie and Nikolai. I think most of that is due to there being a real lack of character development. There was also no real description of the characters other than that Nikolai was Russian.

Nikolai is introduced almost immediately after Allie is, and since the book is in Allie's POV, you don't get to form a connection to her outside of her feelings to Nikolai. S
Charlie
Yet again, another fantastic kinky romance by Tara Crescent. I'm not usually a fan of romances where the characters are musicians, I've read a few in the past and they've bored me. This book however, was excellent and I was hooked from the beginning.

"You'll be naked. And you'll sleep in the dungeon"

When I read this I wanted to scream pick me, pick me!

Tara Crescent has this Magical ability to write super hot Doms and Nikolai was no different. He was definitely a 10 on my Dom-o-meter (yes that'
Sophie Kisker
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for The Audition by Tara Crescent:
I always love Tara's books. This is no exception. She is really good at fleshing out characters thoroughly as the stories unfold even if the stories are not really long. This one was the perfect length. I enjoyed finding out bit by bit what happened between the two characters in the past. I know if I had an audition I was unsure about I'd love to get this kind of motivation! If Tara has any more books about Nikolai planned, I'll be there to buy
Daria
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story really surprised me, I wasn't sure Id even like it...I know it had to do with a concert pianist and that is so far from my thoughts. But I had received the book from the Author to read and review. I must say I loved it, the writing was amazing and very heart felt. I enjoyed both Nikolai and Allie.
For me it was just the right length and everything was covered, the story line, the fleshing out of characters it all worked.
Since her mothers death Allie has been on a self destructive mod
Miranda Whore
The Audition by Tara Crescent is a romance novel with BDSM, if you aren't comfortable with a highly dominant man having his way with a submissive girl... then you probably want to walk away from this book. However, if you are like me... you will want to dive into it and not come up for air until it's done.

Tara Crescent is quickly becoming the queen of originality for me. Each story I have read from her has a unique and intriguing story. While they all have romance and kink, the plot devices are
Tia
(Clears throat) ummmmm "The Audition" by Tara Crescent is a very erotic bdsm book that hits on the correct way to do it. Not the punishment type just to hurt someone, but for discipline and direction.

After Allie's mom dies she lost all hope and her love of life, pushed Nikolai, a Russian that her mom sponsored to become a great pianist in the US. He lost his job as first pianist for the NYC Philharmonic in his attempt to save her mom, but didn't lost his hope and love of music. When she fails h
Riri Hanafi
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
hhmmm... I don't know... I guess this one is not my kind of cup of tea...
I love romance story spice up with sex, even with kinky one... but I guess too much kinky aka BDSM is not for me...

even with FSOG, I don't really like it, though with different lot of reasons...

this one, is quite good actually...
I just don't like the heroine, not my kind of girl and also the man... don't get their chemistry together... and sometimes I got confused on the girl's feeling... and the non-existence feeling from
Nadine Bookaholic
Allie needs help practicing for her entrance performance to get into Julliard and the only person capable of helping her is Nikolai whom she hasn't spoken to in six years. Well I can tell you that was a reunion that shocked the pants off of me. Nikolai is a strict Dom that wastes no time in getting Allie right where he wants her. I must say that the chemistry is right on the money with these two and I would love to see a follow-up book/novella to see how their relationship grows past this week t ...more
Amanda
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book starts off a little slow for me but ends well. I liked the story that is shown throughout the book as well as the steamy scenes. I have read many books by Tara Crescent and have never been disappointed.
Lyndac
Ms Crescent can do no wrong in my opinion and this is just another example. What a great story of pulling your life back together and finding happiness.
Cassandra
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Novella

This novella is a good read. I just wish there was more information about everything and more personality to the characters. It felt choppy, but it's a bdsm novella.
Cristy Kraus
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I rather enjoyed this story. I grew up playing the piano. maybe I need to go find my Nikolai and take lessons again. I definitely recommend that you read The Audition.
Anny
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
A sexy, heartfelt short story! Loved it. 4.5
Sadie Mazzola
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, story of a devastated pianist..She is trying to get into Juilliard, and has one week for her last chance. Finally, she goes to the last person she wants to see. He helps her get to her emotions, teaches her how to focus, w/ forms of BDSM, etc. gr8 HEA
Kristin
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, arc-read-review
** Copy given in exchange for an honest review **
I give this book - 4 kinky stars rating!!
Nikolai and Allie's story is a BDSM " Kinky" Romance. I enjoy kink with my romance, so this was right up my alley. A dominant man with a piano in the dungeon, you got to love that. Piano lessons anyone?
The story starts off with Allie trying to turn her life around. She is auditioning for Juilliard. After failing the audition, she is given a second chance in 5 days. Allie gets that chance, because of her mot
Jocelyn Sanchez
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book! When I first started reading this book, I'll admit, I was a bit wary. I read the first chapter and wasn't liking the main character at all and I was worried that the storyline wouldn't be believable, but I was wrong and I judged the characters and plot too soon. By the second chapter, I was hooked. I love BDSM romance novels, but sometimes there's more sex than a real plot in those stories, and I'm so glad this book wasn't that case. This book was so much more! This book ...more
Flirty Reader
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Tara Crescent has written a lot of books. The Audition is the first book of hers I've read. While I barter to say that Crescent knows exactly what it takes to make up a great novella, this book fell flat for me. The Audition was not developed well, the characters were one-dimensional, and I was left with more questions than answers. I believe that Crescent is a great writer, but this book just wasn't as strong as I would have hoped to get. It could have been so much better and I felt that it was ...more
Karen's Book Haven
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Audition by Tara Crescent

BLURB

But Nikolai is no longer the man she knew, and in his dungeon, Allie realizes that his help will come at a high cost, one she’s not sure she can pay.

REVIEW
We are taken straight into the life of a heart broken girl. Allie
Julie Barrett
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Audition is a super-hot 91 page BDSM novella with a strict brooding Dom and a sub who needs his discipline and care to help her come to terms with her mother's death, and to tutor her to pass her Juilliard audition. This is the first book I've read by Tara Crescent but it won't be the last, it was a great read.

I'll be honest and say that after the first few pages I wasn't sure I'd like this book, Allie just seemed a bit immature and annoying, but I'm glad I persevered as I really enjoyed it.
Cally
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We'll what can I say the amazing and talented author 's Crescent has done it again.

I have to admit Tara Crescent is fastly becoming one of my favorite authors.

This book has all the way to become a full length novel and I would be one clicking it right away.

We meet Allie who.throughout all of her childhood has dreamt of getting into Jillard to play the piano. But she hasn't played for 6 years so is feeling very rusty. To fulfill her childhood dream she enlists the help of her late mother's proteg
Heart5
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Nicholai and Allie. Nicholai is a former piano star brought to the US by Allie’s mother. He sustained career ending injuries trying to save Allie’s mom following a car wreck. Allie gave up on life after the death of her mother, and has wandered through life lost for 6 years. After a disappointing audition to Julliard she enlists Nicholai’s help in getting back her life back on track.

Early on it seemed there was a rush to get to the heart of the story and there was little ti
Patricia
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short with what I would consider mild to medium bdsm.

With a unsuccessful audition to get into Julliard, Allie turns to the only person she feels can help her with a chance to succeed in her second audition...that would be Nikolai.
Nikolai was once a principal pianist in the Philharmonic till an accident ended his career.
After years of not seeing Allie she turns up on his doorstep asking for his help.
He agrees but with stipulations. She is to do as he says and once she sees what he has in store f
Amy
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Allie is on a self destructive path, after losing her mom, she doesn't care any more. She just exists. At her Julliard interview she falls flat and knows she needs help. And the only person who can help her is Nikolai , her mother's protege and her first crush.

He offers her the help she needs but with a string attached. He controls her every move. EVERYTHING. Can Allie give it all up in order to regain the passion she needs to play the piano again?

Short story with lots of peaks to it. It took
LauraLovesReading
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
*Copy given in exchange for an honest review *

Allie completely muffs her audition to Julliard. She is given a second chance on behalf of her late mother. Only one person can help her now. Nikolai.
Nikolai was Allie's mother's protégé and the premiere pianist for the New York philharmonic. Nikolai's career was cut short trying to rescue Allie's mother from a car accident.
Allie takes a shuttle from New York to Boston in order to convince Nikolai to tutor her. Nikolai agrees in exchange for her co
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Date with a Dom (Trust in Me, #3.5)
  • The Proper Punishment (Knights of the Board Room, #3.5)
  • Brie Discerns Master's Heart (After Graduation, #6)
  • Guarding Nadia
  • Marked by the Alpha
  • Enthrall Him (Enthrall, #3)
  • Life Under New Management
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 4: Liberation
  • If It Drives (Market Garden, #7)
  • The Submission of Little Emmie
  • Jonah Noble - Anticipation is Everything (Interview with a Master, #2.5)
  • Hot Summer Lust
  • Make Me: A BDSM Romance
  • Claiming Catherine (Montana Maiden #1)
  • Traditional Love
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • The Ravishing of Beauty
Hello, I’m Tara Crescent. I've always fantasized about being a mysterious spy, leading a secret double-life, and now, I find that that’s come true!

Sort of.

By day, I’m a mild-mannered corporate drone in Toronto, but by night, I’m limited only by my imagination; I sit, and I type, and I am a daring writer of BDSM, erotica and romance.

In my spare time, I write of course. I also read, garden, trave