Start by marking “Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)

Shadow of a Doubt

(The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #2)

Ivy Mason has it all: beauty, a plush apartment, a fancy car, and a debonair British spy boyfriend who pays all her bills. If only her boyfriend was in her life—and her bed—more than just sporadically.

Part of an underground British agency called the Shadow, Devon Clay knows that secrecy is what has kept him alive. Anyone he loves is a liability, and being involved with him
Published May 12th 2015 by Montlake Romance

Duchess Nicole
4.5 Stars

She's baaack! This second installment of the Tangled Ivy Trilogy by Tiffany Snow reminded me of why so many of us readers fell in love with her. As with a few others, In His Shadow somewhat missed the mark for me. Ivy was hard to feel a connection with, and Devon was nearly equally as elusive a character.

But in Shadow of a Doubt, Snow shows her ability to expand on her character's fundamental qualities. She takes a beautiful and fragile woman and gives her some backbone, relaying more
Sally
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Shadow of a Doubt , by Tiffany Snow
5 Stars
Tiffany Snow gives us everything we want and need and then some! My love for anything this author writes is not new news. However what is unusual is that I loved this one even more than the first. As someone that is usually partial to the first book in any series this is a revelation of sorts. I think I have narrowed it down to loving the chase and all the anticipation that occurs before a couple gets together. But somehow Tiffany Snow has been able to c
Beth
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I am in lust with the Tangled Ivy trilogy! It just seems to hit all the right spots for me. The pacing of the story is just right, and there’s a perfect balance of romance and suspense. These books are just so addicting that I never want them to end. Devon is just so sexy and swoony with the mystique and power that surrounds him. I will say that we do get to see some vulnerability with Devon in Shadow of a Doubt, and that vulnerable piece of him is Ivy.

‘We were a pair, he and I. Both
TJ
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay, so anyone who read my review of the first book in this trilogy may be stunned to see the 4 stars. BUT... just as I had hoped, once Ivy and Devon became a couple, the things I hated about the story smoothed out and it turned into a can't-put-down, stay-up-all-night read! Yes, the situations can be pretty far-fetched at times but no more so than any James Bond or Jason Bourne you've ever read. It's pure escapist suspense and excitement!
Natasha
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing

ARC courtesy of the publisher, Montlake Romance, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

2 Girls a Book & a Glass of Wine Blog
This book is extraordinary! Right from page one it sucks you in.
In His Shadow is amazing, but Shadow of a Doubt is phenomenal, It’s even more exciting, sexier and the suspense is to the max. I think I held my breath the whole time, my heart was racing and I cried big fat tears. I think I felt every emotion possible while reading.
I love Ivy with everything she’s
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3 Stars

I've read everything that Tiffany Snow has published, so picking up a copy of her newest book shouldn't have triggered a feeling of apprehension, but it did. In His Shadow, the first book in The Tangled Ivy Trilogy missed the mark for me, but did leave me with a glimmer of hope that the remaining books in the series would be better. After reading the second part of this trilogy and with a huge sigh of relief, I can say that I really enjoyed Shadow Of a Doubt.

There is no easing into this
Caro
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
A super great book. This was a First Reads book I was completely surprised to get in the mail and totally made my day. Free Books!...Yay! Once I picked it up I didn't want to put it down. It was definitely taunting me all day. I finally got back to it and read into the wee hours as it didn't let me go. This was fast-paced, great characters that I liked more and more and the story went on, plenty of twists and turns, emotions, tough spots, courage, and some surprises. This was a finger-gripper an ...more
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany Snow has hooked me again! She is one of those rare authors that can write a series where each book is even better than the last. I loved the first book, but Shadow of a Doubt stepped up another level! In my opinion, Tiffany Snow is the queen of romantic suspense, and I will read ANYTHING she publishes. Read this book! It's another winner. Full review to come closer to release date!

*ARC generously provided by Montlake Romance via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*
Lynsey A
Wow, ok, this book was spectacular! I could not put this one down. I loved seeing Devon again and his over-protective, possessive actions with Ivy.

The ending! OMG, the ending! I can't believe we have to wait until December to read the next book!

My one gripe with this book was (view spoiler)
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Gemini

Shadow of a Doubt was both entertaining and annoying at the same time. This is the second book in the series and if you don’t read the first book, I doubt you will fully understand the dynamics/relationships between the characters. Rest assured, the relationships are the main attraction to the book. Everyone has a dysfunctional relationship with each other. Not to mention the fact that there’s a spy, an FBI agent, a bank teller, and a best frien
Katie
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I would give the 2nd half of the book 4 stars and the first half of the book 2 stars. The second half was much better and much more entertaining than the first half. This book was MUCH better than book 1, which I pretty much hated.

Ivy... she's still one of my favorite heroines, but she got SLIGHTLY less twitty in the second half of the book as opposed to the first half.

I don't dislike Devon as much as I did in the first book. So that's saying something, I guess.

I still hate how every guy that
Sonya Heaney
Right, so you should be aware this book is not a standalone! I had no idea what was going on when I started it!

This series is romantic suspense of the extreme variety, with larger than life characters and situations. Not always my favourite thing, I do like it when it’s done well. Sometimes over the top is fun. After all I do love Tara Janzen’s books.

The Tangled Ivy series follows the recent trend for trilogies with first-person narration, and you have to count on liking your heroine if a book t
Kathy V
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this author with her Kathleen Turner series and I am just as in love with this series!! I can't wait to see what comes next! Tiffany Snow has solidified her place as one of my favorite authors with this book!
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Mar 05, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-on-kindle
ARC courtesy of Montlake Romance, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review
Tamara
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I just finished Shadow of a Doubt and I find myself a complete and utter emotional wreck . Never before has a book consumed me as much as this story did. I loved In His Shadow, the first book in this trilogy, but this book? This book exceeded every expectation that I had. There is so much to love within these pages – from suspense, hot and steamy romance and characters you just want to shoot. Let’s talk about the characters for a moment though.

Ivy – you know, at first I just wanted to hat
Luisa Rivas
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes for this book. In some aspects it was better than the first in the series, in others, worse. The better parts is that the characters were better developed and now I can differentiate from Kathleen and Cade/Blane. The writing is excellent as always and the action and suspense don't let go. The worse part is that it was so complicated, so many things happen, they get out of so many fixes that it started to resemble one of the James Bond movies, where the hero got out of incredibly ...more
Ishabelle
I read and loved the previous book. However, for all it's worth, it was far from the action-packed, suspense-filled pages of this second book. The author took all the grit and thrill on the first book and magnified it even more in this book. There was always something happening every chapter. It was really hard for me to put it down.

I liked this book because Ivy was now a stronger person. She was now a fighter instead of the scared girl with a tragic past that she used to be in the first book. S
Nicole
Sooo that happened. I guess the most noticeable pro here is that this book was wayyyyy better than the first one. Ivy had some agency. At times. Made some good decisions. Occasionally. And stood up for herself more often than not. Kind of. Still, this book didn't necessarily work for me. I didn't feel like we got much of a sense of Devon, and the author's attempts at giving him a distinct personality left me unconvinced.

Things that annoyed me were, as in the Kathleen Turner series, the habit of
Talk Books To Me
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you’re a lover of the Romantic Suspense genre than look no further, this is a must-read author/series. Tiffany Snow always delivers a high-octane plot with a romance that will leave you breathless. She is one of my go-to’s when I’m in the mood for action,suspense and a memorable love story.

In Shadow of a Doubt, we pick up right were we left off. Devon left Ivy with very few promises but Ivy thought that’s all she would need as long as she would see him again. Once trouble shows up at her door
Sam
SMH- o jeez- where to start....

So I love this author. Her Kathleen Turner series is one of my favorites- its her soap opera style stories that keep me entertained. So that being said, this one just went WAAAAAAAY over the top. Here is a short list of all that happened/and things involved in this book:

3 kidnappings
Russian mobsters
CIA
FBI
International spy ring out of England
3 knife fights/stabbings
AND- a love triang
Jillian
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I have never read anything by Tiffany Snow and I am now in the process of getting her other books, especially the first one in the Tangled Ivy series, In His Shadow.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Great characters, great story and the chemistry between Ivy and Devon is just explosive. Once you start this book, you just cannot put it down. The suspense, the emotions, the anxiety and the steamy romance just keeps you on the edge of your seat. At the end,
Kristi
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
4.5 - better than the first!

So So SO sO hard for me not to compare this series to the one I loved before! But here's the thing with the Tangled Ivy series. Once I accepted that these characters are what they are, I REALLY enjoyed this second book. It contains all the fast paced non stop action and frying pan to fire sequences that I love in Snow's fabulously creative writing. And Ivy appears to have just as many lives as my other much beloved heroine. She grew on me a bit in this one, mostly bec
Daphne
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Couldn't finish as I can't even find one thing positive to say about any of the characters. Things that did not bother me at all in the first book have become huge stumbling blocks to me in this one.
I have decided to bag the book as I borrowed it for free from Amazon and I can get a new one tomorrow if I return this one.
Ella
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiffany Snow and all her books. I really enjoyed Ivy's story even though it was nerve wracking at times. I fell in love more with Devon. I can't wait for the conclusion of the trilogy.
Norma
this book was awful. :( I'm so disappointed. anything that could go wrong did. it was over the top silly. and Devon is just an idiot. he doesn't see what's in front of him. I found it Annoying. Tiffany snow is a terrific writer so I won't let this deter me from her future works.
Jodie
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, contemporary
2.5/5 Stars
Samien
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, arc, favorites
Arc provided by Montlake Romance in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book so much more than In His Shadow. Full review to come.
Natasha
Jan 16, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
***arc received courtesy of Montlake Romance via NetGalley***

Review to come
Stef
Action, suspense, adventure, drama, mystery, crime, twists & turns, romance, must read in order. Fast moving series, MF.

This is the first series I read by this author and very impressive, I was hooked from the get go. What an awesome read, a lot of twists and turns thru the first 3 books. Must read them all in order to find out what happens to understand the why of the mystery! Just couldn't put these books down and looking forward to more books by this author. :-)
  • Don't Deny Me, Part Two (Don't Deny Me, #2)
  • Damage (Havoc #2)
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • One Good Man (The Taylor Clan, #1)
  • Jewel of the East  (The Devil DeVere #5)
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • Scarred, Part 3 (Scarred, #3)
  • The Blood Code (Super Agent, #4)
  • Race to Kill (Love and Scandal, #1)
  • Saving Jay (Breaking Free, #3)
  • Stop at Nothing (Protect & Serve, #1)
  • Crisis in Cali (Great Exploitations, #5)
  • Wild Hearts (Justiss Alliance, #0.5)
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
  • A Thin, Dark Line
  • Forbidden Temptation (Forbidden, #3)
  • Saving Sullivan

The Tangled Ivy Trilogy (3 books)
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #1)
  • Out of the Shadows (Tangled Ivy, #3)