Start by marking “Sex Yourself: The Woman's Guide to Mastering Masturbation and Achieving Powerful Orgasms” as Want to Read:

Practice makes perfect!

Everyone knows sex in a long-term relationship can get stale sometimes. But isn't the same true for masturbation? Just like a familiar sexual relationship, where you fall into a pattern using the same moves and positions, masturbation can become routine and frankly boring. Just because you're only getting yourself off doesn't mean you don't deserve
Published August 15th 2015 by Quiver (first published June 15th 2015)

Start your review of Sex Yourself: The Woman's Guide to Mastering Masturbation and Achieving Powerful Orgasms
Ma
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish someone had given me this book when I was in my teens! This book is so easy to read, and is very helpful for women of any age or sexual experience. Jansen de-bunks myths and helps women understand their bodies to enhance their sexual pleasure, all in a fun and non-judgmental way. This book is full of ideas to improve one's sex-life, whether one has a partner or not, or has trouble reaching orgasm or not. A must read!
Cat Skinner
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the great perks about building a life around passion is getting my hands on a variety of tools to help normal people just like you and I live more passionate lives. When I learned that the owner of my favorite sex-positive boutique in Toronto had published her first book, and that it was about masturbation, I was very excited to get my hands on it, so to speak. Sex Yourself is such a great title, isn't it? A call to action like that leaves little room for excuses, and it's the kind of ...more
Jeff Brodsky
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing information!

I just finished reading your book and I loved it. I learned more reading your book than I thought I would and can't wait to put some of it into practice! Thank you.

Amber Rose

P.S. Do you have a foot fetish? You had a lot of pictures of feet. Some people hate feet. I think they believe they are dirty. But that's what soap and water does. I love my feet

Arianna
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Some things are very helpful and other information is inaccurate. The books language is easy enough to understand and grasp for the most part, the layout is a little distracting and sometimes hard to follow.
Chantelle
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO informative, even for someone who's already had a lot of experience in sex ed! Essential for anyone with a vulva or interested in pleasuring someone who has one.
Rodelyn Peco
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, sex
helpful -.. will help you understand yourself and know which parts will make u feel good
Sev
I think I'm gonna have to buy my own copy, that's what. I only wish I could have read it when I was a teenager/young adult, but it's never too late to learn!
Samantha Chapnick
Sep 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-didn-t-like
If you reach midlife and need a 100+ page book to help you masterbate, perhaps its time to give it up and let someone else do the job for you. Skimmed a few pages and put it down after laughing at how the suggestions were clearly oriented for women who clearly lack imagination.
Abby Terpstra-paterson
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Looking for some creative ways to pleasure yourself and learn about your amazing body? Check. out. this. book. So much good info!
Jansen is an expert in her field and provides expert advice that women (of all ages, body types, education levels, sizes, and even genders) will be happy to take! This book contains so much practical information on everything from the best kind of vibrator \ for the right purpose; to the basic and in depth information on the female anatomy with great illustrations!
Tam
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With Sex Yourself, Carlyle Jansen has written a sex positive book written in an accessible, fun, and very informative way. A fun and frank read, it is ideal for those just starting this exploration, but still with lots for tips and tricks for old pros to pick up. Providing details about anatomy, information about sex toys, lube, techniques, and positions this book will go a long way to improve your self life, either solo or partnered. I was not a fan of the layout of the book, but this was a ...more
MK
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexuality
So much great information that after taking it out of the library when it first came out, I've now bought a copy for myself! Can't recommend it highly enough.
Anishya Premi
Dec 29, 2016

• Deceptions And Myths Of The Bible
  • Murder Most Vile: Volume 25: 18 Shocking True Cases
  • 269 Amazing Sex Tips and Tricks for Women
  • Lesbian Sex Positions: 100 Passionate Positions from Intimate and Sensual to Wild and Naughty
  • Murder Most Vile Volume 23: 18 Shocking True Crime Murder Cases (True Crime Murder Books)
  • Sing Sing Prison (Images of America: New York)
  • Civil War Graves of Northern Virginia
  • U.S. Penitentiary Leavenworth (Images of America )
  • Jewish Chicago: A Pictorial History (Images of America: Illinois)
  • Murder Most Vile Volume 22: 18 Shocking True Crime Murder Cases (True Crime Murder Books)
  • Murder Most Vile Volume 21: 18 Shocking True Crime Murder Cases
  • The Ultimate Book of Royal Portraits: Volume One: A Kindle Coffee Table Book
  • The Ultimate Book of Royal Portraits: Volume Two: A Kindle Coffee Table Book
  • The Ultimate Book of Royal Portraits: Volume Three: A Kindle Coffee Table Book
  • Art's Most Beautiful Nudes: A Kindle Coffee Table Book
  • All You Want to Know But Didn't Think You Could Ask: Religions, Cults, and Popular Beliefs
  • Napoleon vs the Old and New World Orders: How the Rothschilds Conquered Britain & France
  • Genghis Monster: The Shocking Story of Genghis Khan and the Mass-Murdering Mongols