Start by marking “The Vigilante's Lover (The Vigilantes, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vigilante's Lover (The Vigilantes, #1)

The Vigilante's Lover

(The Vigilantes #1)

Spies, vengeance, and one seriously well-dressed man

"If Bourne dressed like Bond and acted like Grey, you'd have Jax De Luca."
An addictive new romantic suspense series from the desk of USA Today bestselling author Deanna Roy/JJ Knight

Mia trembles as she reads the letter that arrives from Ridley Prison.

Seduction. Bondage ropes. Descriptions of things Mia has never experi
Published January 13th 2015 by Casey Shay Press

To ask other readers questions about The Vigilante's Lover, please sign up.
Deanna Roy The primary series ended with four books. Tony and I are planning to write a follow up for release January 2016. (If I can convince him...)

Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Annie Winters Fans, Romance
4 Everything is Not What You Think Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
What would you do if your life was dull, predictable...alone with no prospects of it changing anytime soon...the only happiness or thrills were the memories of your deceased parents taking you boating; teaching you everything they new about knots and all things nautical....

Twenty year old Mia is feeling so alone and lonely; her Aunt Bea recently passed and she is directionless. She moved to her old homestead; took care of her Aunt thro
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

WOW!!! Yes, that is the first word that comes into my mind when I finished devouring The Vigilante’s Lover by Annie Winters and Tony West. I am hooked and can’t get enough of this book!! Bondage, tech gadgets, a secret group, and James Bond/Jason Bourne-type esque hero...do I need to say more!! Yes, this book had me addicted and I wanted to know more of Jax De Luca and Mia Morrow.

#VigilanteLover

The Vigilante’s Lover was fast pace and a suspense
Kira Simion
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-for-free, dnf
I got this story for free today! *to-read*

Go go go readers!

[Edit:]

DNF. Weak heroine who blames herself for everything so far. Even says she DESERVES the guy assaulting her. I don't like people who blame themselves for everything. Especially if they aren't the ones to blame. I especially don't like people who take advantage of people like that in that way to that kind of person.

Another star for the idea. I loved the escaping the prison and the meticulous thought that went through the people's
Carissa
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2015

Meek twenty year old Mia Morrow is hidden away in her aunt's house. After taking care of her ailing aunt, now deceased, Mia is trying to figure out her next step in life. While this plays on her subconscious, Mia mistakenly becomes pen pals with an inmate at Ridley Prison. The only contact is through letters.

The rope sizzles as it slides along your skin, like a flame zipping up a fuse.
The stopper know snaps into place, and you inhale sharply, ensnared by the bowline encircling your naked thig
Rag
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: gangster, spy
3 'Tied' Stars

photo image_zpsiopnq6ml.jpg

Mia Morrow parents are dead and now after taking care of her only relative, her aunt who also died. When she found a letter from prison to K.Klaus. She's lonely and what worst can happen when the sender wouldn't even find out? She opened one then HOLY HELL! they're HOT! she became addicted.

photo image_zpsw5tq0spa.jpg

Jax De Luca is planing his escape from prison. He is a Vigilante Club owner or something like that. He is going to escape and get revenge. He is sending coded letters to his friend Klaus to t
Julia's Book Haven
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Grrrr why did I do this to myself??!?!!? I only had to wait till the 27th for the second one to be out and then I could have read them both together, but the blurb was so goood and I couldn't stop thinking about it and now I'm done and I have to waaaaaitt :(:(:( 10 days till I can find out what happens. I really liked this one, it sucks you in right away. The only real complaint I have is that we kind of get thrown into this different world, with crazy cool gadgets and this group called The Vigi ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

Whoa this was an intriguing, addictive and confusing ride and a half. We swallowed this book whole as we tried to figure out what the hell was going on but what we do know is that we loved it. And after that deliciously evil cliff hanger we are desperate for the next book in this series. At least we haven’t got long to wait.

Annie Winters and Tony West are new Authors for us but we fell in love with the writing style and the suspenseful thrilling storyline, along with fabulous characters and a un
Cristina
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia-men, revenge
This book has a little fetish for rope and bondage :P

description

I can't say much about this book because it's a first instalment in a series of novels/novellas that are connected. But what I can say that it has a lot of action...and I don't mean sex :P keep your minds out of the gutter :D I mean secrete agency, car chasing, James Bond like toys and underground headquarters.

Ohhh...and did I mention the hot guy and the girl that's drooling after him? :P

description

If you like a good romance adventure book (like me) th
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

Amanda
What a thrilling start and I can some great potential for this series.

Jax De Luca is the Vigilante's East Coast Director until he got deluded by a woman that landed him in prison. The Vigilante is some sort of government secret assassin/spy thingy. The technology that was described here are way more advanced than what I seen in James Bond and MI6.

Mia Marrow is just a civilian who happened to be at the wrong place and replying to a coded letter that doesn't address to her. She ended up being kid
Sam

I loved this! Read the whole thing at once, couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

I enjoyed the evolution/awakening of Mia's character. She was a bit dull to begin with and I was far more interested in Jax's POV, but by the end of the book her reactions had me grinning and liking her, and I'm picky-ish about my heroines, so yay!

Jax was cool. I kind of thought his plan was crazy, and I want to know more about his time as a director, and I was SO happy they put, like, an actual age appropri
Ambur
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-audiobook
I'm a big fan of Deanna Roy, so I jumped at the chance to listen to the audiobook version of The Vigilante's Lover, Vol. 1, and I wasn't disappointed!!!! :D

The story starts with plans for a jailbreak and sexy letter...so it definitely packs a punch right from the start, and it only gets more and more intense! As soon as I started listening, I didn't want to stop⎯the story reeled me in and kept me eagerly awaiting what was going to happen next!

I loved both Jax and Mia! Jax was a walking mystery,
Jean
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, this book was definitely not what I expected!  Not one bit of sex....(yet)....haha!  Not that I need sex in my books, but I was expecting some steaminess after reading the blurb for this one.  Letters between a prisoner (Jax) and unknown woman (Mia).....and then he escapes.....and finds her....and things are not as they seem that's for sure!!  The letters were coded and meant for someone else, and her responses make no sense to Jax.

This book surprised me.....I really loved it!  There is so
Lela Manuela
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, first i thought this wil be boring

but it gets very interesting after 20% and then

stuff happens...an i couldn't put it down

it's short and it's a cliff so make sure you have the next one prepared!!!

Mr. Jax Deluca is...very very interesting :D
Monica **can't read fast enough**
I am definitely in the minority on this one. I didn't dislike the story but it didn't really sweep me away either. But it is a really quick read. Full review to come.
BookHookup
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

**I received a copy of this book for the tour, but that did not influence the review**

4.5 stars This book was not what I was expecting… it was even better and I loved all of it. The synopsis is dead on when it calls this story an “addictive romantic suspense” because right now I’m crying that I don’t have book 2 in hand.

The story, told in alternating POVs, started off in a way that made me gasp, blush, and raise my eyebrows. Oh yes, it starte
Paula  Phillips
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
First off this book started out really amazing as we are thrust into the world of letter writing between criminal Jax De Luca and Mia Morrow. For the past few months , since Mia has been back at her Aunt's house where she has been caring for her Aunt Bea - she has been recieving letters addressed to K aka Klaus. The letters come across as sexy erotica with a touch of BDSM but turns out that they are coded messages. In this book, Jax finally escapes from prison and heads to the house which is in ...more
Sarah Brenner
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action
I recently watched Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit, and I realized I needed more action in my romance. Normally I don’t prefer first person present tense, and this flip-flops for both characters in every chapter - but I was hooked right away! Maybe because it just accelerates the action.
It starts with a prison break, and reminds me of that show Breakout Kings which I wish they didn’t cancel. Immediately I was thrown into a world of gadgets and mood sensors and all sorts of crazy things. None of them a
Stacey
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow . this was an ARC copy review , and Jax wow and Mia what a pair one innocent in the ways of being a virgin and the other being innocent of murder that he was told to kill someone he thought was bad but was innocent . can these two work together or will the Vigilantes come and take him back to prison and her back to her boring life , find out by reading this and more look for book two in 13 days . this was a very intense read and cannot wait to see what book 2 has in store . and boy what a cl ...more
Gabriella D Mont
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's fast-paced, exciting and well-written. I like the characters, especially the not-so-bad guy. :) There is wonderful sexual tension and action that will keep you turning the pages until the end. I can't wait for the sequel!
Coco.V
Feb 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (2/9/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Spies, vengeance, and one seriously well-dressed man

"If Bourne dressed like Bond and acted like Grey, you'd have Jax De Luca."

Mia trembles as she reads the letter that arrives from Ridley Prison.

Seduction. Bondage ropes. Descriptions of things Mia has never experienced or known.

The man’s words are desperately passionate. He longs for a woman wh
Vivian
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First, and foremost, thank you to Annie Winters and Tony West for providing Collector of Book Boyfriends book blog with this arc!!

This is Sci-Fi meets BDSM ;) Adrenaline pumping! The Vigilante’s Lover starts out with a BANG! It jumps right into the plot and doesn’t allow you to put it down!

Mia Morrow is this 20 year old, shy, naïve country girl that has lost everyone she loves. She recently lost her aunt to a stroke and is living in the home that her aunt left to her. “I felt adrift, unmoored,
Thom Swennes
Vigilante
The definition of this word, according to Webster’s Dictionary is: one that inflicts punishment in return for an injury or offense. Synonyms: avenger, castigator, chastisers, punisher, scourge, nemesis. Related Words: revenger, redresser, righter, requiter. Near Antonyms: ransomer, redeemer, vindicator.

Thirty-seven-year-old Jax De Luca has served one year of a ten-year sentence at Ridley Prison. He is a member of the Mason – Dixon syndicate and a senior vigilante (a sort of knighthood
Nadine Bookaholic
What a great start to this series! If you've read Fight for Her, Volume 4 then you know Jax, he's like a hotter version of 007. Jax is in prison and he's writing all of these hot letters about bondage to his comrade Klaus but what he didn't know is that Mia is the one that has been responding to his letters, it turns out that all of the bondage talk was secret codes...CRAZY! Anyway, Mia is oblivious to all of this, she is just a 20 year old virgin from a small town in Tennessee that lives alone ...more
Laurie
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew I'd love Jax when he first came to my attention in Annie Winter's/J.J. Knight's last book, Fight For Him. I asked for more Jax in a review of that book and boy did she deliver with The Vigilante's Lover!

Jax, a high level Vigilante, has been imprisoned after having apparently been set up by his former lover and possible double agent, Jovana. With a little help from a few still-loyal confederates, he is able to break free and begins to try to determine exactly how and why he was framed, cle
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
OMFG!!! I need more. So much more. I loved the story and the characters. Everything was fast paced and so interesting and intriguing. I am still spinning from everything that happened. I read the book in one going and I just wish that I had more to read. The suspense, the danger, and the high speed of the scenes are so captivating that I can guarantee that you will simply love it. The characters are so fascinating that I simply couldn't stop myself from loving them.

Jax De Lica is dangerous, dark
Jenny Brightman Harris
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. When I first started this book I had no idea really what it was about. However as soon as I started it I was completely hooked. This book is amazing.

We start this book our with Mia living in her aunts home and unsure of what to do with her life now that her aunt is deceased. Mia's aunt took her in after her parents were killed in a boating accident many years before. At the same time we meet a man named Jax who is getting ready to break out of
Carra
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Romantic suspense indeed! With dual points of view (I love that!), a strong, self-assured alpha male, plus a lead female who seems unsure at first, then decides to embrace her unusual situation...you've got the makings of some intriguing reading.

Loved, loved, loved Jax. He's exciting, so very sure of himself and his ability to handle any situation, and of course HOT. Mia on the other hand is pretty much his opposite, seeming timid and not worldly at all...though the fact that she answers his let
Ashley
SO TO SUM UP HOW I WAS FEELING THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK.
Angry
description
Frustrated. SO GOD DAMN FRUSTRATED.
description
IT WAS LIKE THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN TO CONFUSE ME, MAKE ME WANT TO SCREAM AND CRY, AND GIDDY ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
I was waiting for the moment Jax realized how stupid he's been....
description
I DIDNT EVEN GET TO READ IT FROM HIS POV, LIKE WHAT THE HELL ANNIE WINTERS. WHY DO YOU HATE ME.
No but in all seriousness, I was surprised by this book and tbh, I was expecting it to be TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I was expecting him
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mafia slut
“Beauty. Power. Bondage.”

Page turner: YES
Part in a series
Cliffhanger: YES

I kept thinking on how I would review this and I just really don’t know what to say. I entered into the world of Vigilante and my mind is blown away. Literally.

And I’m just…

Although I had a hard time with the knots actually. There’s too many information that’s too technical and I had hard time getting back with the story and then understanding those meanings. But aside from that? This story is just made for me.

Scrabbli
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Commencement (Hellsbane, #0.5)
  • Of Dreams and Shadow (Forget Me Not #1)
  • The Australian (Jet-setters & Jeopardy, #2)
  • Jazz in Love
  • The Prism of Ashlai (The Gailean Quartet #1)
  • In His Arms
  • Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar, #1)
  • Agony
  • Out of Plans (The Mercenaries, #2)
  • Dark Trade (Gunrunner, #1)
  • Taking What's His (Shillings Agency #4)
  • Gilded Agony (Guns n' Boys, #7)
  • Rule Breaker (Break on Through, #1)
  • Chosen (The Amish Bloodsuckers Trilogy)
  • Ruthless (Dragons MC, #1)
  • Fallen Snow (The NOVA Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Spell Fire
  • Bitter Pill

The Vigilantes (5 books)
  • The Vigilante's Lover II (The Vigilantes, #2)
  • The Vigilante's Lover III (The Vigilantes, #3)
  • The Vigilante's Lover IV (The Vigilantes, #4)
  • The Vigilante's Awakening