Start by marking “My Somebody Special” as Want to Read:
My Somebody Special

My Somebody Special

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
It is the end of a busy day at school, and one at a time, all of the toddlers have been picked up--all except one, that is. Now the last child sits alone with his teacher, growing more and more anxious as he watches the door, waiting and wondering . . . Will my somebody special ever come for me, too?
Any child who has felt worried at the end of a busy day will be comforted
Published May 1st 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about My Somebody Special, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Somebody Special

Garrett Podell
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: garrett-podell
Summary: The story takes places in a pre-kindergarten or kindergarten setting where the teacher is a bear and the children in the class are other animals waiting to be picked up by their parents. One by one, each child is picked up by its parent and is called to its parent by a positive, loving description. However, one child is by far the last one to be picked up, which leaves him alone with the teacher and sad. In the end, the child's parent comes sprinting up to the school and grabs her son, ...more
Jazzmarie Vedrine
No child wants to be the last to be picked up either from school or a program, but you will find that one child left to be the last and left to worry. But we, as educators, know that we will have to be the one to comfort and reassure that child that they are just as special, as the other children who were picked up earlier, and their special somebody is on their way.

I found this book to be comforting and simple in describing that feeling of being left waiting, but in a warm and loving way. The
Karli Long
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The perfect read for any child who may feel forgotten or sad. Its illustrations are clearly understood and allow any young reader to gain a strong understanding of the text... Everyone has "Somebody Special" waiting for them.
Nadhirah
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Favourite book. It may be a children's book but it holds a large significance to me. Little children depicted as animals are waiting for their somebody special to arrive at the door and bring them home, but one is forced to wait. Illustration is amazing too.
The Brothers
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: school, parents
Story of children waiting at school for their parents to come pick them up. Each child has something special about them that the teacher/parent looks for when they get picked up. Illustrations are pretty run of the mill. Probably suited for children younger than 4.
Dawn
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Lovely rhyming text and perfect for the toddler who goes to preschool and/or daycare and waits with anticipation for their 'somebody special' to come at the end of the day!
Pinky
Michele
Mar 19, 2013
Lisa Tauscher
Mar 25, 2017
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks