Start by marking “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #7)” as Want to Read:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7

(Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #7)

Hayao Miyazaki was a budding filmmaker in 1982 when he agreed to collaborate on a project with the popular Japanese anime magazine Animage. This was Nausicaa, which would make Miyazaki's reputation as much as his 11 films and TV shows. Set in the far future, Nausicaa visualizes an Earth radically changed by ecological disaster. Strange human kingdoms survive at the edge of ...more
Published September 7th 2004 by VIZ Media (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7

Start your review of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #7)
Kogiopsis
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I need six stars for this volume.
No, I need sixty.

I can't even begin to react to this. The story, the incredible and wonderful characters, the world and its mind-blowing history... to describe and evaluate them is beyond my capabilities.

What I will say is this: This series was finished long after the movie we all know and love was released. And while said film was the start of something wonderful (Studio Ghibli, to a large extent), I wish the manga had been fi
Pathikrit Basu
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This review is for the entire 7 vol. series

I wish I wasn't restricted to giving just 5 stars to this cruelly ignored masterpiece.

Seldom have I been so hooked to a book and enraptured by its power, epic storytelling with a strong human touch. Not since Brave New World and Heart of Darkness (books that are considered among the best of the 20th century) have I pondered so much on the ending and the philosophical questions raised by it. It is naive and almost degrading to classify this as
Juho Pohjalainen
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
So ends this story. It was a bit of a tough read, and often I had to stop and think and re-read things to keep up, but at the end of the day I'm not sad that I did.
Sesana
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, fantasy
This review will be for the series as a whole. I have, of course, watched the movie version of Nausicaa. Which made the first volume and half of the second fairly familiar territory for me.

But once you get past the halfway point of the second volume, and into the ground the movie didn't cover, the story grows exponentially. More characters, and a much, much bigger story. A lot of the questions that I'd had about the setting after watching the movie are answered in a satisfying way in later volu
L. McCoy
A very disappointing end to what would be a pretty good series...

What’s it about?
I honestly couldn’t tell you which is the main problem I’m gonna get into later.

Pros:
The art is very well done! Great job there!
There’s some pretty good action scenes throughout.
Some of the WTF parts of the book that are actually done well. Sometimes WTF parts of a book are just convoluted bulls*** which there is a bit of but some parts are well done WTF moments!
Barbara McEwen
Such a great series, a must read.
Jonathan Cook
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My second book of 2018 was actually seven books (this review is for all seven volumes): the seven volumes that make up Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. So depending on how you count them, I'm either way ahead of schedule or slightly behind.

Miyazaki is my favorite active filmmaker (tied with the Coen brothers), but this is my first time reading any of his manga work. This is by far his largest and most ambitious work in the medium, an effort that took him more than
Edward Rathke
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After 1,000 pages of this, I can say that it's really quite brilliant. It's easy to see how it influenced things like Final Fantasy and a host of other things. It's actually the first manga I've ever read, and I sort of have a hard time believing anything will be much better.

If you've only seen the film, it's worth reading this. The film is sort of a condensed version of the first two volumes, that consolidates a lot and skips a lot of the coolest things, I think. It's a great adventure story a
Karly Noelle Noelle
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
As with other comics/manga series I will write my review for the whole series on the final volume, because I think it makes little sense to review each installment individually.

On the whole, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is a beautiful, melancholy work by now-acclaimed filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki, creator of such classics as My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke. It leans closer to the latter than the former, and plays with many of Miyazaki's favorite themes; lost innocence, redemption for villains, envi
Chris
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It was good overall.
Mitchell
Yep, that was an ending. Weird and confused to the end. And this volume was either longer or at least felt longer. Maybe if I read it again I'd get more out of it. But don't think that's worth doing. There was definitely a bigger story being told and I guess I mostly followed it. But the writing was never as cool as the art.
Nyx
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Hayao Miyazaki... How could I possibly describe this creative genius? Ever since I discovered his existence, his breathtaking masterpieces have rooted themselves deep inside of my mind and heart. His works resonate with me, they leave a mark, they produce emotions and sensations so beautiful, so unique, that I can't even explain them. His storytelling is astounding, the worlds and characters he creates are so rich and fascinating, and his art is stunning.

Nausicaä is one of the best things I hav
Zach Schmidt
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind started off as a curious journey years ago. Oddly it was from my mother picking up the VHS at a garage sale, then myself getting rid of it in my teens, and then coming back to have an interest in it in my twenties.

The story is one that will be relevant for at least the next fifty years or so. At least until we start to really understand that we will have to make some serious changes as our world deteriorated due to human cause. as the cover had explained, it’s
Molly
Great ending. I actually bought Vol.7 years before the rest of the series; found it in a local bookstore, and learned a few days later they are unable to order the rest because it was out of print ( I tend to do stupid things when in a bookstore, like buying the second or last book in a series and then asking about book one).
It was a long wait, but in the end totally worth it.
Tufi
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I keep tapping but it only lets me have five stars
Michael
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
via NYPL - the confusion ends. Humanity chooses to live with uncertainty. I'd rate the whole thing 3.5 stars.
Naoé
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2019
It was the last one and my heart is breaking a bit knowing that I'll never be able to discover this story for the first time.
I loved this story and different it is from the anime but still with the overall theme being present in both format.
I cried when Teto died, you where a brave and cute little companion my fox-squirrel friend you'll be miss.
It a bit of a bittersweet ending. I loved this story a lot and I'm so happy I finally read it
Will
Whew! This was a wild ending of a terrific series. It kinda felt like the last season of a show that was trying very hard to wrap everything up in an interesting way but gets caught up on itself, Parks and Rec seems relevant. The last storylines were all over the place and motivations of characters were lost. That all said, the drawing was beautiful and the dialogue remained sharp--Miyazaki knows how to tell a nuanced story!
Jenny Clark
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viz-manga
The ending was rather unexpected. I did not expect the world to become purified but the whole thing with the tomb... just damn.
"Life is the light in the darkness"
What a story...
The God Warrior is obvisouly radioactive, the way he has poisonous light and the mushroom clouds he makes. Also, the story about Nausicaa's mother... just wow. I can see why this took 12 years for Miyazaki to finish.
Marisa
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eva
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Hayao Miyazaki's art is wonderful. I have long loved Nausicaa the movie and really enjoyed the books. They are way more complicated than the movie, but I liked getting to know Nausicaa better. Any hardcore Studio Gibli fan should read this series.
Kristina
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Though it has similar plot to The Odyssey, it doesn't end exactly the same way. Something to consider when writing a story with similar themes, it would do well to remember where you want to end up when you're finished. Beautiful!
Babs
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Wow. A traumatic and weighty ending with some dark, grisly scenes.
The tragedy of war builds to a destructive peak and some familiar faces fall prey to the chaos. *sniffle*
Nausicaä makes some shocking discoveries, can she maintain her composure?

Utterly amazing series.
Dominique
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2017
This story as a whole is so beautiful and amazing. I love the movie and some part of me wished that the love interest remained the same as the movie. This is a story that I just want to reread over and over.
Michael Beyer
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story about the consequences of pollution and technology.
Angelika Fuller
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind-blown. The ending felt a little bit like Atlas Shrugged, which was unexpected.
Jordan
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, manga, 4-5-stars
Absolute masterpiece. The entire series is incredible but the final volume is awe-inspiring.
Tina Olah
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent final volume. Lots of creepy visuals, and a thought-provoking ending!
Kurtis Burkhardt
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
OverRated Manga series😐😬
Clare D' Lune
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
I love the movie of this series. I liked the first graphic book of this series. I thought that he had a great story going. And then it started to drag. It got reeeeeally long, and I kinda got sick of it. I thought the writer concentrated on unimportant things a lot as the book went on. Less about Nausicaa and more about everyone else. Thats all fine and good, but then again, the story IS supposed to be about her. And no offence, but about half way into it, I got the feeling that the author was a ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Akira, Vol. 4
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Phoenix, Vol. 5: Resurrection
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 7
  • Mushishi, Vol. 5
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (9 books)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #4)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 5 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #5)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #6)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Deluxe Edition 1