Start by marking “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #6)” as Want to Read:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6

(Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #6)

In a long-ago war, humankind set off a devastating ecological disaster. Now the Earth is slowly submerging beneath the expanding Sea of Corruption, an enormous toxic forest filled with mutant fungi that release a miasma of poisonous spores into the air. Nausicaa, a compassionate young princess, and her allies fight to create peace between kingdoms fighting over the world's ...more
Published August 10th 2004 by VIZ Media (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6

Start your review of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #6)
Tina Olah
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only one volume left :( Lots of major plot developments in this one, and some shocking violence!
Juho Pohjalainen
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Miyazaki likes whiteish-grey moralities, where even the worst villains are ultimately redeemable and a peaceful solution can always be found. But we have some real douchenuggets in this one and shit is about to get real. I wonder how this is all going to turn out.
Will
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great wrapping up of Nausicaa's story. Get to see continued character growth from her as well as the many characters whose lives she touches.
Mza
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mza by: Brandon Graham
... have not much to say about these beautiful little pictures. They look great printed in sepia at a bigger size than that used in Viz's Perfect Collection edition. I also appreciate this edition's decision not to translate the sound effects within the art itself, preserving Miyazaki's dynamic lettering. After reading this episode, Nausicaa has vaulted to near the top of my list of favourite reincarnations of MLK, Jr ...... Jesus is still #1.
Kristina
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The spores are inside you. It would be easier to compensate for them rather than eradicate them. Isn't that the suffering of human nature though? The only truly pure thing is dead to us.
Eressea
2009/03/12 1st read
2016/10 7th read
2018/04 8th read
這次重看覺得有好多分鏡都有文藝復興名畫的感覺
2019/02/11 9th read
Uku
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this series has made me wonder how much important things were actually left out from the anime. As for story I can only amaze the depth of details that Miyazaki has had with this and how to create and tell story with multiple characters and multiple places without feel of overhelmed.
I really can't wait to get my hands on the last volume.
Mitchell
I think this series might have come to a point. Or maybe by re-reading the 5th volume, this book made more sense. Still confusing. Still cool art. But the characters keep on hinting at depth. It just needs a lot more words, a lot more non-visual storytelling for me to get more out of this.
Zach Schmidt
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overall, I’ve been pretty pleased reading these graphic novels so far. The author still surprises me every once in a while which is refreshing.

Good strong female characters and a strong message about humanity and its relationship to the environment. Overall a good read
Noelia
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas
4.5 almost 5
Jenny Clark
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viz-manga
Love love love Nausicaa and anything Miyazaki.
Art is lovely, plot is multi layered and intriguing. I am looking forward to volume 7!
Babs
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Situations turn dire. War and fire! Epic. Tourmekia seeks to capitalise on the Dorok disaster, but other players arrive on the scene...
Jordan
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, manga, 4-5-stars
A beautiful, melancholy, action-packed breather volume. We also experience some absolutely breathtaking imagery and philosophy.
Chris
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Huh.
Angelika Fuller
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welp, looks like this is my favorite Miyazaki creation. Can't believe I'm almost finished.
Naoé
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2019
Once again I loved it so much and I will reread it a lot until I will know every details by heart (just like the movie)
Asami Uchiha
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-2018
A beautiful depiction of the best and worst sides of humanity and human nature.
Nigel
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, childrens-ya
I started reading this series with the assumption that I might read one a week, interspersed with other graphic novels, and it would be a pleasure to revisit a comic which has been a big influence on me and finally read it from beginning to end. I actually half-expected to not find it as mind-opening as I did the first time I read it, or the bits of it I was able to collect, in fact I assumed it wouldn't be - there's been a lot of ink under the bridge since the days of Ummagumma Comics in the pr ...more
Raj
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Nausicaä faces a spiritual journey in the penultimate volume of the series and in the process is able to heal the black soul of the Dorok emperor's brother and set him free. She also discovers a secret of the Sea of Corruption but when she returns to the land of the living, while trying to protect the people she loves, she accidentally awakens the last remaining God Warrior in the world - one of the genetically engineered giant super-warriors who destroyed civilisation in the Seven Days of Fire, ...more
Jessi
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a little serendipitous that I found this series. I was reading another manga and saw an ad for this in the back of the book, then the next day saw these at the library. This story has beautiful art and a deep engaging story. Now, I can watch the movie. As an aside, I'm unsure how they could possibly condense this series into one movie, but I'm sure it'll be great since it's Mayazaki.
Jayme
Some interesting things happened in this volume, but not enough to make it a good read. It was pretty boring overall, too many battle scenes, and the best part about it is that I only have one more left to read!
Michael
via NYPL - Six (of seven) volumes into this thing, I should have a better idea who some of the players are and why certain things are happening. But the art's striking (though often impossible to follow) and the main cast is compelling.
Coral Davies
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't believe there is only one volume left, such an amazing series. Stunning, beautiful and haunting.
Jeffrey
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't know why I keep waiting so long between reading the volumes of this series. It's really good. Maybe I'm just trying to prolong it.
Amy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is really a good volume, so many feels! Nausicaa is one of the best female lead I've seen so far.
Honor
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. classic miyazaki. really good themes about the environment and about how far humanity goes against it sometimes. fantastic world building here.
Kaylon Tuttle
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
So good, such thoughtful charaters...
Clinton Sheppard
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-safe-manga
There is so much more to Nausicaä's story in these books that it makes the film look like a mere shadow.
Deb
Aug 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Miyazaki & epic story fans
Shelves: favorites, manga
This series is slow to pick up the pace, but stick with it until the 3rd or 4th book and you'll be amazed at how much more depth & addicting storyline the books have than the movie.

• Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Akira, Vol. 4
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003
  • Phoenix, Vol. 5: Resurrection
  • The Collected Fantasies, Vol. 5: The Gardens of Aedena (The Collected Fantasies of Jean Giraud, #5)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 3 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #3)
  • Mushishi, Vol. 5
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (9 books)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #4)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 5 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #5)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #7)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Deluxe Edition 1