Start by marking “Teen Boat! The Race for Boatlantis (Teen Boat!, #2)” as Want to Read:
Teen Boat! The Race for Boatlantis (Teen Boat!, #2)

Teen Boat! The Race for Boatlantis

(Teen Boat! #2)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
High school drama! Pirates! Emotions! The Ignatz Award-winning comic about a young man who has the power to turn into a boat is back in a new full-color graphic novel, with a never-before-seen story that combines all the ANGST of being a teen with all the THRILL of being a boat!
Published September 1st 2015 by Clarion Books

To ask other readers questions about Teen Boat! The Race for Boatlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teen Boat! The Race for Boatlantis

Charles
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Teen angst and uncertainty in a boy with an unusual power

This is a very unusual book, even for a graphic novel. Teen Boat suffers from intense feelings of being a fish out of water as he walks the halls and classrooms of Dockside High. The reason is that he can transform into a small yacht, so he is literally a boat out of water. Many of the other students tease him for his differences, which is a bit odd, for being friends with Teen Boat could mean that you could spend a lot of time on him on t
Suzanne
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
If you think being a teenager is hard, try being a teenager who is half human and half boat. That's right, Teen Boat, or TB, is half boat and can transform from a teenage boy into a yacht. As he puts it, "I've survived choppy waves, white squalls, and even a pirate hijacking! But none of those things compare to the tempest that is high school." He has always felt like an outsider due to his unique ability, but when he hears about the Orca's Cup boat race, he is sure this is the chance to make ev ...more
Wayne McCoy
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In 'Teen Boat! The Race for Boatlantis' we learn that it's tough to be a teen. Especially one who can turn into a boat.

This is the second book in the series, but if you haven't read the first one, you'll pick up on things pretty fast. Teen Boat (and that is the name he uses) is a strange boy who has the ability to jump in the water and become a yacht. No one seems to have a problem with this, but he feels like the odd man out. When a rival shows up in town, named Teen Bot, who is a robot teen th
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a digital copy of this title from the publisher via Netgalley.

Ten Second Synopsis:
TeenBoat - the teen with the power to transform into a boat when wet - takes part in a competition with the hope of finding the fabled city of Boatlantis. But being a boat and a teen isn't as glamorous as you might think - especially when a new kid at school threatens TeenBoat's claim to fame as the only boatkid on the block.

This graphic novel really does have all the ANGST of being a teen, coupled with
Melissa
~Disclaimer: I received this book for free in a giveaway~

A truly bizarre premise of a teenager who can transform into a boat.

We meet his friends and find that as a result of being a boat he is taunted at school. He is given an opportunity to participate in a race with a grand prize.

And can't really say more without spoilers.

All in all even with the completely bizarre plot it may really appeal to middle schoolers. The art isn't bad it has neat little chapter headings and while it very much sim
Amy
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
TEEN BOAT! THE RACE FOR BOATLANTIS is the sequel to the TEEN BOAT! graphic novel about an angst-ridden teen who has the ability to change into a boat. As part human, part boat, he struggles with his identity and finding a place in the world, all while navigating through the storm that is high school.

Filled with silly boat puns and references to 80s movies and the 90s TV series DAWSON'S CREEK, THE RACE FOR BOATLANTIS has TB caught between choosing the world of humans or the world of boats (Boatla
Glen
I won this ARC in a goodreads drawing.

An angst ridden teen can turn into a boat. He's got the usual cast of friends, only in this case, his love interest can turn into an iceberg. He's got to win a race against a rich kid who can turn into a yacht chair, to get into Boatopia.

Pretty good stuff. I would prefer color, instead of black and white, though.
Kevin Findley
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Prepare for old timey words!

This book was a hoot to read! Think Knight Rider if Michael Knight actually turned into KITT and was 17 years old. It was an advance copy, so the book was in B&W, but it did not detract at all. To Misters Roman and Green I say "Thank You"!

Read It!
Jessica
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-my-girls
A quirky and well written story that my daughter and I both loved. "The ANGST of being a teen with all the THRILL of being a boat!"... what's not to love?

And yes, it really is about a boy who can turn into a boat.
Brittany
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I read an ARC of this graphic novel. This is the second story about a boy who can turn into a boat, which is definitely unique, but I think what make these books successful is that the authors know their audience--which is demonstrated through the humorous dialogue and wordplay.
Jacquelyn Egemo
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think it was possible to top the first instalment of Teenboat, but it has been done. Teenboat 2 changed my life. it was one of the most spectacular stories I have ever know.
Judith
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A boy who can turn into a boat - the premise is original, the dialog and feel of high school is spot on, the puns are awful and Teen Boat Rocks.
Matt Adams
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty clever at times. Funny most of the time. Artwork is great all of the time.
Michael Rhode
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, spx-2015
Goofy, but fun.
Vi
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
great fun for younger teens, looking for action and aventure.
Loren
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
These books just crack me up. Such a silly concept, but so much fun!
Cheryl Gladfelter
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, 2015, humor
I loved this book because of all the witty word play and puns--and the shot of Lunch Lady at the school. Teen Boat is just pure fun.
Kate
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphicnovel
this is a sequel to Teen Boat! and it is just as dumb as the first BUT I LOVE IT
Dolores
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unabashedly silly-and so much fun.
Synia
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one moves away from the high school premise and focuses much more on the 'boat' than the 'teen' aspect. It's actually sort of neat how there's a duality when you read both books together, one mostly teen and the other mostly boat. As a result it wasn't quite as funny as the first one, but there was a lot more plot. A very satisfying conclusion to the series. The title pages for each chapter never failed to get a big smile from me.
Fiction State Of Mind
Really trippy series about a boy who can turn into a boat !
Patrice Sartor
Teen Boat---a teenager that turns into a boat! Imagine the trauma such a physical trait could add to your high school years. Or, just read this book and live it vicariously, along with assorted other really strange things in a high school setting. Your prom was never this awkward, I'll venture.

The good: The illustrations are detailed and engaging, and you can actually tell that you're looking at a boy transforming into a boat. The drawings are brightly colored. The columns of drawings are the ri
Charissa Wilkinson
I received this book as part of the Goodreads First Reads program for the purpose of a fair review.

Overview: Teen Boat has finally hit the big time. He has a chance to become popular by winning The Orca Cup. It should be a cinch, because he’s…well, a boat.

Likes: This one is aimed at the teenagers in your life. Teen Boat’s mom shows to be proud of him.

Dislikes: I got a black and white copy for the book, so I’m not sure how the book was really supposed to look like. Also, I didn’t get much of the
CB
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Meh. The art was fun, but the writing was soooooo lame. The constant use of puns was just such a huge turn off, setting aside the weird premise of a boy who can turn into a boat. From a professional perspective, I just couldn't decide where to place it gradewise. It's set in a high school, but I felt like the dialogue was even too groan-inducing for middle schoolers.
Brian
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These books are ridiculous to the point of amazing. Like nautical puns? Sarcasm? Pop culture references that somehow defy the odds and don't go out of style? Not to mention witty writing and stellar drawing? This is the book for you.

My copy came in today and I had to read it right away for myself...but also because my students are clamoring for it!
Jean Rapp-Lykins
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book in a giveaway.... I really did try to read this one but just couldn't get in to it. I'm sure one of my grandsons will like it. Guess it's just not my kind of book.
Adam
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
So weird and funny.
Sinjin Sanden
Oct 28, 2018
Cassidy Munro
Aug 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Bird  Squirrel On Ice (Bird  Squirrel #2)
  • A Very Babymouse Christmas (Babymouse, #15)
  • Mr. Pants: It's Go Time!
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #1)
  • The Lost Expedition (Poptropica, #2)
  • Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril (Lunch Lady, #8)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Heavenly Nostrils, #2)
  • The Secret of Indigo Moon (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #2)
  • Mal and Chad: Food Fight! (Mal and Chad, #2)
  • Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse
  • Big Nate's Greatest Hits
  • Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Alamo All-Stars (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #6)
  • Apollo: The Brilliant One (Olympians, #8)
  • Curses! Foiled Again (Foiled, #2)
  • Fable Comics
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
  • The Fall of the House of West
Dave Roman is the author of several graphic novels including Astronaut Academy: Zero Gravity, Teen Boat!, Jax Epoch, and Agnes Quill: An Anthology of Mystery. He has contributed stories to Explorer: The Mystery Boxes, Nursery Rhyme Comics, and is the co-author of two New York Times bestselling graphic novels, X-Men: Misfits and The Last Airbender: Zuko’s Story. Roman is a graduate of the School of ...more

Teen Boat! (2 books)
  • Teen Boat! (Teen Boat!, #1)