Start by marking “Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Shopaholic #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Shopaholic #3.5)

Shopaholic on Honeymoon

(Shopaholic #3.5)

As readers of the Shopaholic series will know, I have never described Becky and Luke's honeymoon, which happens after they get married in Shopaholic Ties the Knot. So as a free update for Shopaholic fans, I have decided to share with you one of the adventures of the newly-wed Becky and Luke. I hope you enjoy it! Love Sophie x

The new Mr and Mrs Brandon are on honeymoon, and
Published December 10th 2014 by Transworld Digital

Start your review of Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Shopaholic #3.5)
Bonnie
Yes, throw a fit because your new husband is the fucking worst and you never should have married him because he's only willing to take a month off for a honeymoon instead of the year you wanted. Gawd. Becky is a complete and utter nightmare.
Irena BookDustMagic
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
That is it???

It was nice to hang out with Becky and Luke again. Becky was funny and selfish as always and it was an enjoyable read.

However, since this story started with the chapter title "Venice" I expected to read about their adventures somewhere else as well.
Reaching the end I had a feeling someone ripped off pages and I didn't get the whole story. The fact that I've read it on my kindle is the only thing that proves me I actually read the whole piece.
It was OK. Super short kindle freebie on Amazon USA. Followers of the Shopohlic series won’t miss out on anything significant by not reading this novella, and it certainly doesn’t show Becky in a positive light IMO. There was some humor but I was disappointed in her little tantrum. Poor Luke...
Alice
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it

3 stars

I missed this couple! I read the entire series several years ago and I loved it!

Whenever I need a good laugh, I like to revisit one of her books.( I really recommend I've Got Your Number , not a part of this series but it's my favorite by her).

Becky and Luke are on honeymoon and Becky really knows how to drive him crazy! Poor Luke..
No need to say that this novella was really funny and cute!

It was so short (53 pages), but free on Amazon and iBooks! Recommended to fans of this series!
Ankit Saxena
Fabulous..

Much comic than what's expected. Full of fun and and amazing read. Sophie Kinsella made me love this book and I would definitely read more from this series and rest from her.
Humorous one. She made good use of the personification as well. Few quotes were too good to read again and again and Laugh as much as you can. Like;
"here we are in LA. The home of celebrities. They’re the local natural phenomenon. Everyone knows you come to LA to see the celebrities, like you go to Sri Lanka to
Nicole
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shopaholic on Honeymoon

Becky is a shallow, selfish and dump person. Wants to buy everything she can get her hands on. Treats her husband like garbage. Acts why too absurd.
Elle's Book Blog
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicklit
:: 5 Shopalicious Stars ::

This is a short freebie. Part of the Shopaholic Series

I just adore the shopaholic series. This one takes place right after Shopaholic Ties the Knot and takes place on Becky and Luke’s honeymoon. This is a short story (about 28 pages) and was written because there was a gap between Shopaholic Ties the Knot and Shopaholic and Sister. Of course, in this story, Becky is back to her humorous antics buying anything in her visual field. Kinsella really knows how to write a
Lisa
Dec 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
I have read other Sophie Kinsella books and loved them but I always avoided the Shopaholic series as I didn't think it would be my thing.
Well, if this short story is anything to go by I was right!
I didn't like this at all - what an annoying vacuous person?! And the story consisted of nothing at all except little scenes that were supposed to be funny (obviously I didn't get it).
Not for me I'm afraid - the best Kinsella book is Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella which is in the chick lit genre too and is witty, moving and not
Lindsey
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is a cute little short story about an incident that took place during Luke and Becky's honeymoon. It's classic Shopaholic fare, focusing on Becky's love of shopping and her habit of getting into bizarre predicaments.

While it doesn't add anything new to the series, it's a quick read that fans of Sophie Kinsella will enjoy.
Obsidian
Ehhh. So this was kind of the beginning of the end for me with this series. Becky was just insufferable in my mind on how she was behaving while on honeymoon with Luke. The concept of money just does not factor into her head. And this book sets up the problems that will be front and center in the next full novel, "Shopaholic and Sister." Becky sees something and imagines her as the girl with the Venetian glasses or the girl with the art easel and she realizes her reality is not like the fantasy ...more
Jane
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shopaholic on honeymoon

This is a short story set right after the wedding between Luke and Becky. It is set in Venice and they are on their year-long honeymoon.
I loved that Becky is still Becky. She purchases an expensive art set and she does not know how to draw. Her artistic abilities are in her desire for the art set.
Luke is also Luke in the sense that he decides he can't take a whole year as his business requires him to return.
I enjoyed reading this snippet in their honeymoon and it reminded
Marianne
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shopaholic on Honeymoon is a short story in the Shopaholic series by British author, Sophie Kinsella. Becky and Luke are on honeymoon: Europe and the rest of the world, a year, fantastic! But in Venice, the path of true love gets a bit rocky. Becky’s souvenir shopping is out of control, her attention span typically short and Luke is having trouble becoming the relaxed traveller Becky hoped for. By the time ‘I wish I’d never married you!’ flies from her mouth, things are looking dire. This is a d ...more
Charlotte Jones
Nov 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary, novella
This short story comes between the third and fourth books in the Shopaholic series. Unfortunately this didn't live up to the full length novels for me. It felt like Becky as a character regressed into how she was in the first two books which I feel is a shame after developing so much. I did enjoy seeing the couple in a different country but the length of the story definitely needed to be longer in order to make any impact on the rest of the series in my opinion.
Jules (Never enough time to read)
Very short and not very exciting.
Rosie Wedge
Mar 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Was a nice little additional story (how did I not know this one existed?!) and had a few great bits of the usual humour in it. Just a shame that Becky wasn't portrayed in a fantastic light, and wasn't very kind to Luke in this one.
Love Fool
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
The new Mr and Mrs Brandon are on honeymoon, and Becky has big plans! They’ve got a whole year to explore Venice, learn yoga in India, sleep in little wooden huts in South America… maybe even see penguins in the Arctic. But it soon becomes clear that Luke has different plans entirely. Can Becky help him let go, or will this little disagreement threaten their whole honeymoon?

This was cute but not necessary. I would recommend reading this if you are a fan of the series and have a short commute or
Nancy The book junkie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Ok i'll be honest this short story don't bring anything to the story and you don't need it to understand what's going on BUT if you love Becky you'll definitely want to read it just so you can laugh at our favorite shopaholic. Now i understand why she had so many packages waiting when they came back from their honeymoon!
Melissa
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute, sweet, and funny. A quick story (takes no more than 20 minutes) that confirms even more why I think Becky should be played by Mindy Kaling if future movies were made. (Luke could be played by Chris Messina and I wouldn't mind that either.) ...more
Niki Deepak
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
That was quick. It's fun to read what situations Becky gets herself into. I understand why people wouldn't like it though, she does border between 'adorably naïve' and "she cannot be that stupid".
Dirty Dayna
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-to-finish
4 shopping in Venice stars
there is just something about this author she makes us all love and hate the main character this was a little refreshing taste at the series and I enjoyed it
Désirée
I read this go get myself in the mood for Shopaholic to the Stars. I think I might have outgrown Becky but still I want to know how her story continues.
Stacy Kersteter
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute

The shopahplic series is one of my favorite series! This was cute honeymoon story but I wished it covered more of their honey moon :)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

This series just can't do anything wrong! I loved it. It was extremely short but funny and cute. Yeah - I would've loved a bit more Luke-iness - but it was great. I just wish that the next full book will have more Luke & Brandon Romance in it!

description

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Kay M
Reading Challenge 2017
7 out of 50 books read
Page count so far: 2310

A very average read in my opinion. I didn't realise that this short story was part of a series in the first place, so that's why I found it hard to connect to Becky and Luke and I couldn't really assess their characters. Overall it was cute as the couple were on their honeymoon in Venice and some parts did make me smile slightly, however Becky kinda got on my nerves due to how childish she can be. I didn't personally like it when
Tricia Schneider
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a short story that's set after Book #3: Shopaholic Ties the Knot. It was just a quick taste of the Shopaholic series. Here we got to see a tidbit of Becky and Luke on their honeymoon. Becky intends to travel all over the world in a year, convince Luke needs some time off of work. He's been stressed (but who wouldn't be after that wedding?) and she's sure that traveling the world is just the thing that Luke needs. But Luke isn't sure that taking so much time off of work is such a good thi ...more
Sophie Moth
Maybe I should have read this before Shopaholic & Sister, but I completely forgot I'd downloaded it on my kindle. I just feel this didn't have any purpose and didn't add anything to the series.

This would have been so much better if it was a longer novella and documented some of the different places the characters visited on their honeymoon and the highlights from those, rather than just 20-odd pages based in Venice and no more. It's still an okay read, I just think it could have been so much be
Verity W
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Every now and again I pop back to the Shopaholic series, and whilst I find them entertaining, they're a bit too cringey for me - and the older I get the more wound up Becky makes me. I read this because it's dipping back to the early days and those were my favourite Shopaholic books - this is fun to read and to find out about what Becky and Luke got up to. I'm not sure whether I'll be reading the latest book soon though - I've got so much else waiting!
Books
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2015
I’ve read the first few books in the Shopaholic series many years ago. Needless to say, I got sidetracked when I discovered the YA genre and haven’t picked up a Sophie Kinsella book since. I was pleasantly surprised to find this little gem as a free download for Kindle on Amazon, and since reading it I’m determined to continue where I left off in the Shopaholic series. This quick read made me laugh and reminded me again why I’m such a fan of Becky and her antics!
Bianca
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-in-2015
This was a cute read. I did get frustrated with Becky - probably a little more than usual. She acts really spoiled and in this short story when she should be appreciating what a great husband she has. But, since I still love Becky and she's one of my favorite chick lit heroines, I'm glad to have discovered this little surprising read.
Darnia
You may say I haven't a big picture in my life, but spent a whole year to do honeymoon (and crazy-shopping) was totally insane.
Until today, I still can't understand what's on Becky mind (even though this series pretty hilarious and "In Vietnam" in this novella could made me smile). She was a luckiest person on the universe, me think :p
Chick Lit Book Club: Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Shopaholic #3.5) - April 2018 6 22 Jul 11, 2018 10:44AM

• Jill Mansell's A-Z of Happiness
  • The Debt & The Doormat
  • The Unmumsy Mums: A Collection of Your Hysterical Stories From The Frontline of Parenting
  • Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week
  • The Rock Star and the Lifeguard
  • A Moment in Time: A Short Story
  • Royal Day Out (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess #1.5)
  • The Apple Orchard
  • Cat and Jemima J
  • Swimming Pool Sunday
  • Notting Hill Carnival (Quick Reads): A West Side Story (Quick Reads 2020)
  • Secret Summer
  • Closer
  • The Hotwife Adventure - A Wife Sharing Romance Prologue
  • A Christmas Miracle
  • Cocktails for Three
  • The Day We Met: Four short meet cute love stories (Random Romance)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin

Shopaholic (9 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)
  • Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)
  • Christmas Shopaholic