Jump to ratings and reviews

Soul Freedom

With the stress of graduation and planning weddings, Annisa and her group of friends want to end things with the Counsel once and for all. They strengthen their bond to the strongest it can be and go on the offensive. After they achieve their goal, they find that was not their only problem. Now they have to figure out who will be the next Counsel, and how to deal with other realms that have found their way in.
While the group guards over the Origin, Annisa goes with members of the other realms to track down the wayward travelers, before they cause too much damage in our realm. To prevent this from happening again or any damage that may result, the group, along with their newly appointed Counsel, must come up with a system to allow other realms access to our realm, so they don’t have to constantly be on the lookout for trespassers from other realms.
Can it be done in time for Annisa and her friends to enjoy graduation, and Annisa's upcoming nuptials? With the help of friends and family, it just may be possible!

ebook

First published December 3, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Miranda Shanklin

13 books110 followers
Miranda Shanklin resides in Central Illinois with her husband and their two children. When she is not working at her day job as a paralegal, running her children to practices or supporting them at events she is writing. She has been an avid reader most of her life and has always dreamed of writing her own books someday. Now that her children are reaching their teenage years she is finding the time to sit down and chase her dream.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
7 (77%)
4 stars
2 (22%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Undeniably Addicted to Books.
97 reviews3 followers
December 18, 2014
This is the fourth installment of The Soul Series, in which we follow the story of Annisa and her group of guardians on their journey to figuring out their powers and protecting the all powerful origin. This book is probably my favourite of the series so far.

In this part of the series, we start off around the wedding of Annisa and Chase, where the dreaded Counsel show yet again that they are serious jerks ;). We find out just how powerful Annisa is and watch a little bit as she struggles finding the balance between knowing when to go it alone and when to ask for help. Chase and Annisa are faced with a choice that will effect their future happiness and the group struggles with learning to let go. The characters in this story show a lot of maturity sometimes which I have always liked about this series. We learn of a new threat to the group and of a few new realms, bringing us new characters to enjoy like Drake the beautiful fairy guardian.

This one kept up at a steady pace and had me interested the entire time. I can't wait to see where Miranda takes them next.

Caitlin

(ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.)
Profile Image for Crystal.
35 reviews1 follower
December 30, 2014
Annissa has just graduated from highschool, and is now getting married, but she can't fight this weird feeling in the.pit of her stomach, like something bad is going to happen. The day of her wedding the Council appears and offers Annissa a chance to have them stop sending people to destroy her and her friends, but what's the cost? To top that, when Annissa and Chase get married, their souls combine as one and they become even more powerful! Something is amiss at the Origin, someone has opened the portals to other realms and four fugitives are now here. Will Annissa and her friends realize just how powerful they are? What will happen to Annissa and her friends of they decide to go against the Council?
Profile Image for Pamijo Perkins.
122 reviews4 followers
April 5, 2015
I loved this book in the series. It's an eyeopener into the world of powerful witches.
Awesome job Miranda!

I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
Profile Image for Elle Klass.
Author 38 books166 followers
July 4, 2019
Anissa the girl with the big heart takes a turn in this segment. She's far more than she ever considered herself and with more power she is the strongest of the group and takes the leadership role. To her it's new but not to those of us who have read the other books.
What I really enjoyed about this book was how the other realms fit in. It was about acceptance and understanding how different yet how similar we are. I relay this to the world we live in. There are many countries filled with people but truly we aren't much different except customs and languages. I heard that message loud and clear and thought the author did a nice job of relaying the positive.
The narrator again is fabulous, great pacing and a clear voice. I definitely recommend this series to anyone who loves YA paranormal. It's clean yet there is the whole romance between each pair in the group. The main focus is Anissa and Chase.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.