Start by marking “The Revenge Playbook” as Want to Read:
The Revenge Playbook

The Revenge Playbook

Four girls. One plan. And the night that changes everything.

Liv is the girl everyone gossips about. But when the rumors threaten to crack her relationship with her longtime boyfriend, she’s desperate to prove that not everything you hear is true.

Peyton is the girl no one knows. But flying under the radar doesn’t mean she’s willing to let people walk all over her.

Melanie Ja
Published June 16th 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Revenge Playbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revenge Playbook

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“I’m so sick of it. Those guys think they own this town. They say and do whatever they want. They loogey the freshman boys. They haze the crap out of the new guys. They treat women like objects. They cheat in all their classes, if they even bother to do the work at all.”

“I’m over it,” I say. “I really am. I’m not going to put up with it anymore. I’m going to make them pay. I don’t know how yet, but I’ll figure it out.”

“We,” says Liv. “We are going to make them pay.”
This was a delightful, refre
Lola
Four high school girls surreptitiously build up a plan to bring their whole school Varsity team down. Starting as a set of dares they attempt to complete, their strategy slowly develops into something more and deeper. Along the way, friendships are created and destroyed, hearts are lost and found and secrets are revealed.

At first glance, you might think this book to be a fun and light story – one that’s worth reading with an ice cream in your hands – but there’s more to it than meets the eye. T
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
REVIEW + PLAYLIST (Taylor Swift edition)

description

GIRL POWER YASSSSS

I can't remember the last time I fangirled this hard over a book. The Revenge Playbook screams 'I'm a girl and I LOVE IT!' This book has lots of elements that made it such a great awesome read and Rachael Allen is all kinds of amazing because of that. I don't know why I still haven't read Rachael's 17 first kisses but I'm sure gonna fix that soon. If this is how excellent she writes, and this is how great her plotlines are... then I wil

“We started something. And we’re going to finish it. We will steal that football. We will have our revenge. And we will change this town.”

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

This was a story about a group of 4 girl’s verses the football team at their school.

I felt really sorry for the girls in this book. Melanie Jane got dumped because the football team wouldn’t let her boyfriend date a girl who wanted to sa
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Eh. It was okay. Trevor was the only thing that really kept me interested after a certain point.

Whadya guna do?

photo jennifer-lawrence-shrug_zpsomcvaqdd.gif
Drew
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How much fun was this book? A group of crazy-awesome girls plot revenge on their ex-boyfriends by stealing their football… Where can I sign up?

First off, I loved how much female empowerment was packed into this story. Peyton, Ana, Melanie Jane, and Liv are from different cliques but they come together when they realize they have all been mistreated by guys on the football team. After a series of breakups the girls coincidentally meet at an ice cream shop and form a plan to get back at the boys:
Stormy
Group of girls coming together for a purpose? Check.
Girls supporting each other and having each other's backs? Check.
Girls taking control of their own agency, making their own sexual choices, and not being shamed for them no matter the choice? Check.
Girls confronting slut shaming? Check.
Girls generally being awesome?Check.
Full review closer to the release date, but obviously I really enjoyed this one.
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
It took me WEEKS to finally crack open the spine (or more accurately, open it on my kindle) to trudge through this again and every few pages, I fell asleep. There was nothing (much) truly awful about this and there was obviously an intended message about guuurl power, which I really liked, but was ultimately, sloppily done.

These girls have issues which each other but don't bother to freaking talk about it. Now, if I found my best friend in bed with my crush, the first thing I would do is to ask
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to HarperTeen

--------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Multiple (Melanie Jane, Peyton, Liv & Ana)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting: Tennessee
Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary
--------------------------------------------------------------

After reading and loving 17 First Kisses, I was extremely excited to read Rachael Allen's second book. I wasn't disappointed because oh my gosh this book was mind-blowing. It was even better than 17 Fi
Liz
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm recommending this to everyone!

I enjoyed this book so much! It shows that "strong female characters" doesn't fit into one kind of person. It shows that said strong females can have shenanigans and are worthy of love!
Aly (In Wonderland)
Actual rating: 2.5 stars.

An unoriginal, predictable yet insanely sweet at times story. I read a similar plot in Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and The Revenge Playbook didn't bring anything new to the story. A group of scorned teenage girls go out to take revenge on the football team that seems to be able to do nothing wrong and, although it was predictable from start to finish, it also had some great messages: Girl power, speak up and don't let the world use you as their personal doormat.

It also h
may ❀

My goodness, this book was so. Much. Fun!

The Revenge Playbook follows four high school girls as they plot their way to sweet revenge. Melanie Jane, Ana, Liv, and Peyton have had enough of the extreme favouritism bestowed upon the football players and decide to get back at them - but at their own game.

Each of the girls had their own reason for working together on this revenge scheme and that’s what makes this book so incredibly enjoyable to read. We get to see four girls, from four different
Jessica {Litnoob}
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I thought I would be able to breeze through this book with ease, and I was wrong.

The writing style is easy and it’s under 400 pages so I thought easy to finish. But I had to keep pausing because the extreme fuck boy culture was strangling. But the way we learn about what the girls have gone through, the way they come to terms with it, and fight against it and ultimately support each other is priceless. And everyone should read this honestly.
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
I received an e-ARC from the publisher via Edelweiss.

Looking for a fun summer read that will leave you with warm fuzzies? The Revenge Playbook is a hilarious novel with a twisty plot told in multiple perspectives. It is all about girl power and is sure to engage the reader with its message.

The plot of The Revenge Playbook is a whirlwind of events that will keep readers in anticipation. It follows four girls, Liv, Peyton, Melanie Jane and Ana as they rush to complete a list of dares in a competit
Mehsi
This is the review for the ARC.

Liv, Melanie Jane, Ana and Peyton, 4 girls, and they couldn't be different. But they are united for one goal. Get revenge on/kick the football team's ass. It is something that is shown often in books, football (or any other sport) getting preference in school, allowed to do anything without any consequences. It is still something I cannot wrap my head around. Maybe because I am from Europe/the Netherlands. We don't have all these things in this book. I think that i
Kirsty-Marie Jones
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing

It took me a while to write this review, usually, I like writing them not long after I finish a book so it's still fresh and really, just to get it done. This one? Nope. Because I honestly couldn't put into words how amazing and important and empowering The Revenge Playbook is, and here's me trying now (but you know it's going to be a rambling review, right?)

Firstly, have to say this. I usually don't comment on a title or the cover in a review, because, you know, it's what's inside that counts,
KL (Cat)
Everybody should read this for their next book! It's about four girls who stand up against misogyny, starting from their high school- they're all very different in personality, but there's some seriously sweet sisterhood bonding going on.

Longer and more detailed review up closer to release date!
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)

See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from the publisher via Edelweiss.

Instant-reaction pre-review:

(view spoiler)
Glire
"I want football players to be treated like everybody else, and for the guys at this school to realize that rape culture isn’t something feminists invented so they could have something new to be pissed about, and so many other things I don’t even have words for yet."

2015 Reading Challenge #36: A book set in high school

Finalmente, luego de un poco mas de dos semanas, lo he terminado. Cansancio, I blame you por la tardanza.

- RATING -

Como entretenimiento: 2 estrellas.
A la historia le faltó muchí
haley
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've actually read in months! I've been so busy these last few months with school and also I just haven't been feeling up to reading for some reason. But now I have two weeks off of school for the winter holidays, and so hopefully I will be back on GR as often as I used to be, at least for a little bit.

And this was a great book to get me back into things. This is a story about revenge on enemies but it's also about friendship. There were many moments where I was fuming- th
Dahlia
Good, growing friendships, feminism to the nth degree, varying perspectives on sexuality and virginity that emphasize personal empowerment over an objective morality, and a serious look at the way society deifies male athletes - God, I love how much Rachael Allen manages to incorporate in generally lighthearted contemp. I feel like she's fast becoming my Queen of Subversive "Fluff" and that is just the best thing.
Lisa
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, arc, harpercollins
Girl power. Best friends. Making things better. I flipping LOVED this book. Best contemporary I've read in awhile.
Rhea Dsouza
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Every now and then, you find a book that makes you stop and think. It makes you look into the simplest of your actions, things that you do almost subconsciously, and introspect. And once you’ve done that, it makes you reflect on the actions of others. On things you’ve seen people do and turned a blind eye towards. Or maybe things that happen all around you, every day, all the time, and you never knew what consequences those actions could have.

The Revenge Playbook was that type of a book for me…a
Kelsey van Dillen
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The fact that this book jumped from present to past every chapter was quite confusing for me. Other than that, it was a great book. Couldn't stop reading.
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
3.5 stars!

The Revenge Playbook is told through alternating POVs of the four main characters in this story. Usually I have trouble with alternating points of view when there are more than two, and honestly at first I did have a bit of trouble remembering which girl was which. But after a few chapters I was already connecting with each of these girls and was able to follow the story without a problem.

The whole "list" thing that the football team came up with was really infuriating. I'm sure almost
Jackie
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mid-year-june
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I don't even have words for how wonderful this book was. It's not just a story about girls getting much needed revenge on a football team. This book is about a culture that idolizes football players and lets them get away with anything--although depending on where you are, this applies to a different sport--about friendship, love, family, and so much more.

I can't express how much I appreciate all the lessons in this book and how everyone--especially football types like th
Bárbara Morais
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

The book is amazing, but the last part felt a bit rushed to me.
My real problem was with Ana. Don't get me wrong - I loved the character, her story, how her storyline was handled. My problem was with the <>, how you would say. I'm born and raised in Brasil and some stuff just sounded fake and unnatural, you know? It's not offensive, it's just not... common. Not relatable. There are many things, tiny details, really, that don't interfere in nothing with the story, but that made me t
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
There are two things I love in life ........ Football and getting Revenge! Tehehehe I know I should not say that but it is the truth and I can't help it. So when I saw this book I just knew I had to read it and I am so glad I did.

It is your typical high school Football Team that runs the show and treats everyone like crap and expects that everyone treats them like Kings. I will say this that I did get a little pissed off when the girls just went along with things and didn't discuss the real issu
Daphne
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and delightful read, exactly what I wanted it to be. I love books with female friendships and that's basically what this book is all about. The struggle the girls face at school isn't exactly one I'm familiar with, because where I live high schools don't have sports teams and that whole dynamic isn't there. But it's still easy to feel the frustration all the girls felt in this book, and their desire for revenge was entirely believable.

The only thing that I didn't enjoy was how
Abbie
You know that movie John Tucker Must Die? Yeah, this book reminds me of it. Of course, this book isn't just about humorous revenge it's also about friendship and justice.

Sure, the ending isn't that great but it is realistic. I love this book and I certainly won't forget it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • Trouble from the Start
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • How to Win at High School
  • Play On (Lewis Creek, #1)
  • Ask Again Later
  • Trust Me (Paris Nights, #3)
  • Just Visiting
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Endangered
  • Awkwardly Ever After (Smith High, #4)
  • The Season of You & Me
  • Song of Summer
  • Future Perfect
  • Promposal
  • Wicked Little Secrets (Prep School Confidential, #2)
  • Hello, Sunshine
Quick bio:
Rachael Allen lives in Atlanta, GA where she's working furiously on her PhD in neuroscience. When she's not doing science or writing YA, you can find her chasing after her toddler and her two sled dogs. Her debut YA novel 17 FIRST KISSES, is forthcoming from Harper Teen. Rachael may or may not have had 17 first kisses...luckily she doesn't kiss and tell.

More stuff about me:
- I love readi
“The Cyrus-Swift Phenomenon. Taylor Swift has had, like, eighteen boyfriends, but everyone still thinks she’s really classy because she’s just so poised and sweet and appropriate-looking. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus was with the same guy for practically forever, and people are always calling her a slut. And I’m not saying we should be calling T. Swift a slut instead—even if you do date a lot of guys, you don’t deserve that. What I’m saying is, when it comes to popular opinion, it’s all about the persona.” 16 likes
“Sometimes you think someone is holding your hand when really they’re holding you back.” 7 likes