Start by marking “Laurie's Time (Fairfield #2)” as Want to Read:
Laurie's Time (Fairfield #2)

Laurie's Time

(Fairfield #2)

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition - ISBN 9780991652228.

Beautiful Laurie Dodd was perfectly happy with her life. Raised by her loving aunt, she was ready to discover life out on her own. A new town, a new teaching job, a new apartment, and new friends. Finding a new man was not on her list, especially not one with the reputation of a player.
Rob McDonald,
Published December 8th 2014 by MaryAnn Litton (first published May 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Laurie's Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laurie's Time

Maryann Jordan
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As an author, we always fall in love with our characters. I fell in love with the town of Fairfield and all of the inhabitants there. This story takes us on the journey of Laurie (Emma's niece) and her moving to a new town to have the opportunity to find herself. She immediately meets Rob, a notorious player, and she refuses to be his next conquest. But Rob is maturing and has definitely taken a hard look at himself and what he wants for his future. Their story is one of love, finding yourself, ...more
Bookloverme
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful book but I liked the first book more than this one. And to my safety friends, it didn't bother me but some of you might not like this one.

The story started a year before book 1 started. This book was about Rob, over 30 (I think he's 31) and Laurie, 24.

There's a prologue about Laurie's parents. How they met and what really happened. It's also about her younger years.

Laurie got a teaching job in Fairfield and she's on her way to move there leaving her Aunt Emma who encouraged he
Denise Van plew
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I have read from this very talented author but this time I do believe I am almost at a loss for words to really do this one justice. I fell in love with this quaint place called Fairfield in the first one so was quite happy to return. This time the focus is on Laurie and her quest for finding herself and her place. This book also I was glad to note can be read as a stand alone which makes it good for anyone who happens upon this one first. The beginning starts with openin ...more
Kayla Mccoy
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Fairfield Series and it was incredible. First, the prologue was so emotional but it was also where we learn so much about Laurie and the downs she has had in her young life. I fell head over heels in love with Rob. He is a player but as soon as he meets Laurie he knows he will change to be with this women! He is funny, charming, and a firefighter (yes this is considered a trait). Laurie has had a hard life. She lost her mother and grandmother at the same time and w ...more
Myckel Anne
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever needed time to discover who you are and who you are meant to be? “Laurie’s Time” takes you along with Laurie as she starts a new journey in her life. On her journey she catches the eye of well known heartthrob and player, Rob McDonald. How as we all know, not all journeys are rainbows and butterflies.

Maryann Jordan does not disappointment in her second book in her Fairfield Series. As in “Emma’s Home”, these characters are ordinary people living their ordinary lives. When I read t
Tracey
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laurie's Time was another hot read by Maryann. I was convinced after reading Emma's Home there couldn't be anymore hot guys in Fairfield...boy was I ever wrong!!! Rob-a-licous is a Hot fireman. Loved how protective, loving and sweet he was with Laurie. Laurie is your sweet, beautiful, school teacher that all the kids love. When these two get together fireworks go off. All I can say is its a definite read. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Vashti
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this author and I was very happy that I came across this book.What a sweet romance about an ordinary couple,no billionaires here ,and a lovely little town that I would not mind living in.
Lynn Smith
Laurie's Time is the second book in the Fairfield Series by
Maryann Jordan Laurie grew up never knowing her father and her mother dying when she was young. She was raised to adulthood by her aunt Emma ( 1st book Emma's Home) She moves away from everything she has always known and takes a job in Fairfield teaching. Laurie's roommate Carol takes her out to met some friends. One of which turns out to be the handsome hunk of a man she has seen around town Rob McDonald a known player. Rob a firefight
Estelle Martinez
I received and ARC and loved every moment reading all about Laurie and Rob. Laurie who just moved to Fairfield and is a first grade teacher. She was raised by her aunt After loosing bother her grandmother and mother in a car accident. She never new her father and believe he couldn't miss what she never had.
Rob who is a fireman an town player does a complete 180 when he meets Laurie. He realizes that he wants something he's never wanted and he wants it with her.

In the story Laurie has many obsta
Shadi ***save your ratings use disclaimers**
Book Facts: Laurie’s Time

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Part of a Series/Installment: Series
Standalone/Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
M/F-M/M-M/M/F-etc: (view spoiler)
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex in The Book 1-10: (view spoiler)
Overall Steam Factor/Chemistry: (view spoiler)
Lost in Romance Books
Laurie's Time is a stand-alone book in the Fairfield Series by Maryann Jordan. Most of the same town characters that were in Emma's Home are back in this story which gives the book a sense of continuity. This story focuses on Laurie, who is Emma's niece from Emma's Home, and her relationship with Rob. Most books that involve a player as their male lead, make no apologies for behavior that occurs before the hero meets the heroine. This author gives us a rare glimpse into an alpha male as he searc ...more
Sandi
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I thought I couldn't love a book more than Emma's Home (1st book in this series) I was wrong. I fell in love with this story even more. Wow, who wouldn't love a HOT fireman and the steamy sex scenes. Rob and Laurie are both strong characters that you would want to be friends with if Fairfield was a really existed. We travel through their relationship with them as they have many hurdles to jump over as they fall in love and try to make it work, having to overcome his past and a lifelong ...more
Tera Northcutt
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I didn't think it was possible to like this book more than the last...but I DID!! Laurie's Time pulled me in enough that I picked up this book to read and never put it down until the end. I love Rob's sometimes overbearing nurturing ways, you felt true love coming from him. Laurie, tho she was loved all her life still had that one thing missing, the love of a father. There is only one negative thing I can say, I HATE HATE HATE having to wait for the next book!!! ;0)
Vanessa
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maryann has done it again. Even though this the second book in the series it can read read as a stand alone. We are taken through another journey of one of the Ladies of Fairfield. Laurie's Time takes us through the life of Laurie. She has had a lot of love from her aunt but a lot of heartache and decision making. This is a story that will grab you at the beginning and hold you to the end. Hats off to Maryann for another great story that keeps you entertained through out the whole book.
~`*Ella Lee*`~
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd in The Fairfield Series. You don't have to read the first to read this one, but trust me, it's just as good.
Rob is (and it was no secret from the first book) an excellent Alpha male/lover/guy in general.
I LOVED how he and Laurie came about and thought that the whole story was just awesome. If you love a hot/steamy romance with excellent characters, a great possessive alpha that is also an entertaining story and super sweet - this is your book. Totally recommend.
Lisa Durrant
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laurie's story had me hooked from the very beginning . A story of how true love can change us for the better. This story is beautifully written and again Maryann has me waiting for the next book in this series. This book is a must read.
Angela
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved Jordan's first book, Emma's Home. Her characters were well written and I loved the story. Laurie's Time is no different!

The prologue really sets up the story and draws you in immediately. It sets up Laurie's history, as well as gives us a little bit of Emma's that we did not see in the first book. And I loved that fact! I like to see how the books all link together and make the puzzle just a little more complete.

Laurie's Time has us following along on Laurie's journey of finding
Leeann Wright
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Emma's Home, I was hanging out for Laurie's Time to be released & I was NOT disappointed!!

Where do I start? I cried in the beginning, I laughed with Rob & Laurie & I smiled at their sweetness with each other.. Then I cried again at some very sad moments, then I was happy & cried tears of joy for them at t he end!

There are super steamy scenes in this book, a bit of angst & some super sweet moments.

Laurie, for all her innocence when dealing with relationships is
Monique
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc from the author for an honest review....

This is the second book in the Fairfield series but can be read as a standalone... All I got to say is that it was amazing.... I was hooked from the first page all the way to last page...

It has a lot of surprises, sadness (emotions) and some humor. But it also has an amazing love story and some very sexy scenes.

It's about a young woman (Laurie) trying to find herself in a new town. Just like the title says "Laurie's time" it's her time t
Christy
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone that loves great, sexy contemporary, adult romance
I'm absolutely in love with MaryAnn Jordan's way of writing. Laurie's Time has a fantastic plot, amazing characters and some extremely hot,sexy and sensual sex scenes.Laurie has suffered a lot of loss but still manages to be a sweet,infectious and independent woman. She moves to Fairfield and meets Rob McDonald, a sexy firefighter who has a rep for being a player. Their romance builds at a perfect pace and they're soon deeply in love but then there's a twist to the story, which I was intrigued b ...more
Negar Arvanaghi
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh. Read this, people.

This book is the prequel to Jake and Emma's story. It's how Laurie and Rob fall in love. They are so great together. There is a little angst, a little bit of an issue which I will not ruin, and a big chase scene that was just so awesomely written, my heart was pounding.

The issue that they had to deal with, I had heard of it, but it was interesting to learn more. It is saddening to know there is always someone worse off than you, but heartening at the same time. Sometimes,
Jennifer Alumbaugh
Another Amazing story from Fairfield! Maryann Jordan has done a wonderful job at continuing Emma and Laurie's story.. After reading Emma's Home I was BLOWN away.. Emma and Jake were hot, emotional, and down right sexy, I didn't think another ALPHA male could exist in Fairfield..

Laurie's Time is even more enticing with the steamy, sexy leading roles. Who knew so many amazingly SEXY alpha males could show such love and emotion towards very strong females. Rob and Laurie's journey is just simply c
Trista Priest
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maryann is not only a wonderful author but a sweet person as well, I was gifted a copy of this book before it was released. What an amazing book she has written. As a fellow lupus survivor I couldn't completely relate to her symptoms and having to cope with day to day life and not allowing the disease to define you. Laurie was a strong character despite having many hurdles throughout her life, she remained positive through it all and made a wonderful life for herself with a great fire fighter. T ...more
Barbara Martoncik
This is the second book I have read by Maryann. I was never one who like prolouges but I LOVED this one. I really enjoyed getting all the information at one time instead throughout the book.
I fell in love Laurie and Rob right away, they were excatly what the other one needed to figure out a few things in their life. I was also amazed at how much I could relate to both Emma and Laurie. This is an amazing book and you will not be disappointed.
Thsnk you Maryann for taking me on that journey and I
Christine
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad I continued with the series and read this book. Once again the author stole my heart with both the prologue and epilogue. I feel like the writing in this second book was so much better than the first. I really enjoyed Laurie and Robs story, and look forward to reading Carols story next.
Kathy Boone
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Great story loved it
Kayla Melser
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Laurie's Time by Maryann Jordan and oh my goodness it was amazing! This is the second novel in her Fairfield series. She seriously hit a home run with this one. It has that perfect mix of sweet heat and hot, steamy sex, while having a sense of mystery. It kept me waiting with bated breath to see what was going to happen next.

This story revolves around Laurie Dodd who is an elementary school teacher moving out on her own for the first time, and Rob MacDonald a playboy and a firef
CC
3 stars. I liked Rob and Laurie and would have rated a little higher if I was not constantly listening to Rob's thoughts about being a man whore. I just don't want to hear it! Don't care that you regret it and that you are lucky Laurie is willing to give you a chance. Why are you thinking about it - all the time? It drove me nuts. Rob had been a total whore, sleeping with every willing body in town. And she is a better person than me putting up with knowing that and having to witness his ex fuck ...more
Stefanie
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and OMG it was incredible!! I mean who doesn't love smoking hot sex scenes and a hot fireman! I know Fairfield isn't a real place, but if it was I would totally want to meet Rob and Laurie. It was so emotional to go through their journey of ups and downs to fall in love and be together. A town playboy, a troubled past, will they be together in the end? Get your copy now a find out!!
Kimber
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was Amazeballs. I am in love with this series. Its a must read!

Laurie is an amazing independent, caring, loving woman that reminds me of my mom. She has her faults but that makes you love her more.

Rob is the perfect alpha. Strong, trustworthy (except for one incident), and SEXY. He is always there for Laurie in her tome of need. You really can't help but love him.

I cannot wait to read Carroll's story and I'm praying that Maryann also writes a story for Jean!
  • A Home For Christmas
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Under Pressure (IAD Agency #1)
  • Protecting His Forever (Forever Series, #1)
  • Falling Completely (Starling Falls, #1)
  • The Science of Loving
  • The Substitute Groom (Hawk's Way #12)
  • Catch (Coronado Series, #4)
  • Hard as Stone (Passion in Paradise: The Men of the McKinnon Sisters, #2)
  • Loving Jessie
  • Etched in Stone (Six Degrees #2)
  • The Homecoming
  • Emerald (Steele Investigations, #2)

As an Award Winning and International Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo Best Selling Author, I have always been an avid reader. I joke that I "cut my romance teeth" on the old historical romance books. I’ve written as a hobby for over 30 years. In 2014, I finally gave in to the characters in my head pleading for their story to be told. Thus, Emma's Home was created.

My first novel, Emma's Home b

Fairfield (3 books)
  • Emma's Home (Fairfield #1)
  • Carol's Image (Fairfield #3)