Start by marking “Getting Close to the Omega (Cloverleah Pack, #5)” as Want to Read:
Getting Close to the Omega (Cloverleah Pack, #5)

Getting Close to the Omega

(Cloverleah Pack #5)

Book Five - Cloverleah Pack Series
Can be read as a standalone.

Dean Weir has finally found happiness in his position as Omega wolf of the Cloverleah pack. He has his friends, his work and his art and he has never looked for anything else. Badly abused by his ex-home pack and Alpha, Dean keeps his head down and stays out of trouble. That is, until his mate joins the pack.

Mat
Published December 6th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Getting Close to the Omega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Close to the Omega

Start your review of Getting Close to the Omega (Cloverleah Pack, #5)
~Volha~
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story was lovely. It had a bit of everything: suspense, crazy villain, relationship woes and a whole lot of love. I liked that this alpha/omega pairing was not rushed. The MCs took their time to get to know each other. Poor Dean! He has been through so much, but came out so much stronger and fighting. I loved how he came into his own. Matthew was the gentle alpha who could kick a$$ when needed. I genuinely had a good time reading this book. The villain was so inept and absolutely hilarious. ...more
Relly
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

ReRead 2020

I enjoyed how Matthew really gave Dean time, not rushing him and allowing him to gain confidence within himself and in the mating.

Kane yet again proved how much of a dick he is. Funny how it took the omega, who Kane considers the weakest member of the pack, to stand up to him and call him on his bullshit with the mates, doesn't stop it unfortunately but a small win for the little guy.
Nicole
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 5. Dean the Omega of Cloverleah and Matthew a Alpha new addition to the pack. Dean is Special, but as he is yet to be mated, his powers haven't come out. Entertaining and Enjoyable.
Kara
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
This book was such a good addition to this series!
Dean is the omega of Kane's pack and is very quiet but strong when it comes to helping protect the pack.
Matthew is a very strong alpha and as soon as he scents Dean he knows he is his mate and he must protect him and care for him.
These two together was really just so sweet! Matthew cares so much about Dean and is so protective of him. The same goes for Dean who feels the same for Matthew.
They have their up and downs while trying to grow as a
Candice
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to Dean's story and was not disappointed. Matthew was the perfect one for him and just what Dean needed. Someone who was there to support him and allow him to grow and come into his Omega powers. I liked that there was not too much over the top drama, just enough to keep the story moving forward. I am really interested in Jax's story and how that is all going to play out.
John-Torleif  Harris
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This book lost me in the details

I really like the world that the Cloverleah books are based in, but the plots in some of these books get a bit ridiculous. And there are a lot of inconsistencies that pop up.

Shawn's sudden knowledge of just about everything, and Paulo's seeming knowledge of everything that the Fates are doing is just too convenient. Does Gretchen, as a witch, not feel the same intense sexual attraction to her own fated mate? How is it that Damien and Matthew are both over 100, but
Annie Elm
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

I'm so pleased that Dean, the sweet Omega, got himself the perfect Alpha in Matthew. Someone who's strong, patient, kind and protective. And I loved how Dean and the rest of them gradually found out just how important an omega really is.
I'm curious about what's going to happen next.
Rosie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must read

When I read an entire series, I don't usually write a review for every book. I just had to let people know that this series is WOW absolutely awesome. Great story lines, fabulous characters, lots of heat and positively easy reading. Oh, and this is my second time reading this series.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
And it got better again. I've loved Owen since book one. So glad he finds his mate in Mathew. But as is the case with this pack, it doesn't go smoothly. Plus we get introduced to new characters as well. Happily going to keep following this series.
Morgan
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read the earlier books in the series, so I was a little bit confused. However, this series has the amazing ability to feel short even tho they are actually all rather larger books.
Monica
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awww...

Aww... such a good, heart wrenching love story. I love how there is all aspects ib these books, angst, danger, love, fighting, courage, strength. Dean is amazing, as well as Matthew
Vivianne
I liked how the omega role in this story and how the supernatural aspect is evolving in the series. Still cheesy, though, and the whole "mate of mine, lover of mine, whatever of mine" is way too hilarious. Even so, I think this one was my favorite.
andrea moran
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cloverleah Pack 5

Dean is the Cloverleah Pack Omega and suffered terrible abuse at the hand of his old pack but with the help of the guys he comes into his own when he meets and mates his Alpha true mate Matthew
Claudia
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
nice but unfortunately not more. nevertheless I will read more of this series I think
Diane Dannenfeldt
My favorite so far in this series. RTC
Jes Jester
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cloverleah Pack series is one of my fave guilty pleasures.
Sandra
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story
Jamie
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

In this book the British slang is getting better for an American based series. I love this series! Now I’m to Jax and his Fae.
llv
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
rating: 4 stars
Inked Reads
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
fourstars
I loved the story line and can't wait to read the rest of the series. In the beginning there was a lot of detail trying to be thrown in and some of it was confusing. Other than the rush of detail at the beginning in gym that made it hard to follow (I had to read it a couple times to try to get all the characters straight) the book was well written and kept me hooked until the end.

The book shows that people who should not live together, all the Alphas, can when there is someone special t
Claudia
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t read the first ones in the series, but even if this book can be read as a standalone, after reading Matthew and Dean's story, it’s impossible not to feel drawn to the Cloverleah pack member’s… so yeah, now I must read the first 4 books from this series. Yay!

Dean’s past abuse left him feeling incomplete, and even in the middle of his pack, he still feels like he’s never good enough. Finding Matthew is like having the chance at a new start so it was great to see how Matthew’s support chan
Natosha Wilson
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that Lisa Oliver surprises me more and more with each book in the Cloverleah series. I read a book in the series and I think to my self "it is going to be hard for any other book to beat this one", then Lisa does just that and blows me away with the next book in the series and how each book is so different then the last.

In this book I completely fell in love with both Dean and Matthew.

Dean being an omega has always been perceived as weak because of his status and the fact that he i
Chanty
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally the one where Dean finds his mate!!!! It was perfect. Matthew was just perfect. Dean has had a rough life. Being an Omega he has always been smaller and weaker. Unfortunately his former Alpha had abused him terribly, so Dean does not trust easily. He is a valuable member of the Cloverleah Pack and he is content with his current life. Until he meets new pack member Matthew. Matthew is an older wolf shifter and has met Omega's in the past. He hates that they have all been abused up until t ...more
Morgan  Skye
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, reviewed, 2019
Yay! Dean’s story! (Again, I guess you could read these as standalones, but they really read better in order.)

The main story arc with Kylan continues, and his involvement in the Cloverleah pack deepens and centers on Dean, the Omega.

It appears that Dean may be the only Omega left and that once mated he’ll come in to special powers. Luckily, Matthew, an Alpha from another pack wants to move to Cloverleah and they find out they are mates.

What’s really lovely is how wonderfully beautiful it is as D
Molly Lolly
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
I really enjoyed this story. I was kind of over the kidnappings pretty quickly though. Four times in one story for the same character is a bit excessive. I loved how Matthew was gentle with Dean at first and let him lead the relationship as Dean got more confident in himself and their bond. I found the lore of the Omegas in the book very fascinating. It was very well thought out and I can tell Dean will be a huge asset to the shifter community, if not the
Morgan  Skye
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What’s really lovely is how wonderfully beautiful it is as D
Savannah
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, m-m, shifter, rereads2015
I really enjoyed this book and it is one of my favorites of the series. The writing has improved some and it felt better edited than the previous books even though there were still mistakes.

I have always been curious about Dean and we learn so much about him and his struggles it broke my heart. Matthew is perfect for him! He is the least alpha personality out of all the Alpha characters and he is the best fit for for Dean.

I do think some of their bonding was rushed while it felt like other are
Mike
Typically uber-strong Cloverleah characters, but one’s an abused Omega

The Cloverleah series focuses on extremely powerful male shifters (or other paranormal mates), but this one takes a slightly different tack as one of the partners is an abused, physically weaker (or at least smaller and not overly buff) Omega world shifter. Of course, his partner is one of the strongest Alphas, and the story explores the significant power of the “weak” Omega. Still, it’s a nice addition (along with Scott’s sto
Lila Hunter
It was time for Dean to get his HEA. The book worked great with the others in the series and it was nice to see all the previous characters involved.

Dean was funny and witty. The plot line was interesting with just enough angst. The new characters introduced were intriguing, as well as the new paranormals.

I just wanted a little intro in the epilogue surrounding Jax and the Faes instead of the information about the Atlanta conflicts. which I know will be related to it anyway.

Looking forward to t

• The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Wreck Me Forever (Polished P & P #1)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Don't Judge (Nothing Special, #4)
  • Here Comes Trouble (Nothing Special, #3)
  • The Second and His Bonded (Kincaid Pack, #2)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 4
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #3)
  • Blade (Hell's Ankhor #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Just My Luck
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Nothing Special V (Nothing Special, #5)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildr

Cloverleah Pack (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Reluctant Wolf (Cloverleah Pack #1)
  • The Runaway Cat (Cloverleah Pack #2)
  • When No Doesn't Cut It (Cloverleah Pack #3)
  • Calming the Enforcer (Cloverleah Pack, #4)
  • Fae for All (Cloverleah Pack #6)
  • Watching Out for Fangs (Cloverleah Pack #7)
  • Tangling with Bears (Cloverleah Pack, #8)
  • Angel in Black Leather Pants (Cloverleah Pack, #9)
  • On the Brink (Cloverleah Pack #10)
  • Don't Tempt Fate (Cloverleah Pack, #11)

News & Interviews