Start by marking “Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4)

Sadie's Song

(Coast of Maine #4)

This is an ACE of ASIN:B005A1I5KG Sadie's Song

Linda Hall's thrilling fiction, which confronts the toll domestic violence takes within American homes and explores how the church might address it, melds contemporary characters with a powerful story's punch. Sadie's Song opens with the disappearance of nine-year-old Ally Buckley, which bears too much resemblance to two recent
Published December 8th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published May 3rd 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Sadie's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sadie's Song

Ginger
Jan 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
This story was really depressing but it didn't stop me from reading it. I liked that there was a mystery to the story as well.
Hannah
Jul 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very intense, uncomfortable but ultimately good read.
Cassie
Sep 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I sped through this book because I was so sucked into Sadie's story, that I just had to know what was going to happen to her. It is very "churchy" but it works well with the story. You don't have to be a super Christian to enjoy this book. The Christian aspect give the book backbone. The characters are very strong, and Sadie is a great female protagonist. She is easy to sympathize with, and you just want to reach out and help her. The detail in the book is great, I can pic ...more
Krista
Sep 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creep pee! A poor mother of 5 small children is being abused by her perfect church going husband. To make things worse this story revolves around two little girls disapearences. One was found dead. Now the mother, Sadie, has suspicions of her husband being involved. I loved the ending because the whole book you want just something good to happen to Sadie, it does eventually.
Madi :]
Apr 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a working brain!
Recommended to Madi by: no one, i saw it in my mom's room and read it.
OMSS!!!!!!!!
i luv this book!!!!!!!!
i've read it sooo many times.
i can't really explain y i love it, because it gets depressing, but i do.
Sadie's Song is about a women with an abusive husband.
very sad, but very interesting and detailed.
it's a GREAT book, read it if u have half a brain cell!!! :P
Chelle Protzman
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. An easy read with very well developed characters. It reads like a true story. Enjoyed the ending also. No woman should have to endure domestic violence.
Sheeroh
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, dark, poignant. I loved it! I am going to look for all of Linda Hall's books
Maid4life
Jul 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Hall writes great christian mysteries. She also doesn't get too preachy in her books. This book was very enjoyable.
Lynne
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok

The first two in the series were great, they followed a private investigator, loved them. The third one and this one didn't even seem to belong in the same series. The third one was good, this one was a bit boring and just ok.
Sheila
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadie's Song is a well written edge of your seat thriller. Sadie is a mother of 5 children with a dominating husband to me has a split personality with the way he changes his moods when one minute he's telling her how wonderful she is but in the same instance throws her against the wall or throws things at her and berates her for not being home when he calls to ask her how her day is going.
She gets a friend when she takes food to a woman who has lost her daughter and he does everything he can t
Callie
Jun 22, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Christian lit, I don't know what it's officially called but it is specifically for the Christian audience, and makes a lot of references to the couple's involvement in their church. It's the story of their marriage, with a kind of lame mystery about a missing girl interwoven. I found I liked the book, though the literary snob in me could not help but cringe at some of its flaws. Still, I'm a sucker for stories of spouse abuse and the psychology of it, so I will pretty much read ANYTHING ...more
Jeni
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story was actually pretty interesting. Be warned, since I wasn't-it is about domestic violence. The only thing that was a bit of a let down was how the book turned out. The author actually set up the mystery pretty well, but the last bit of the book really seemed to just be rather dull. It was an easy read though.
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sadie's Song/Linda Hall - This was my first encounter with this author and I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were well developed and I felt the subject (based on my knowledge, understanding and experience) read true-to-life without being exploitive or melodramatic. I will definitely explore more from this author. And I have already referred the book to others.(less)
Zacksmom Okon
This was a very easy read...and well worth it. I was a little dissappointed with the conclusion of Ally's story, as it ended abruptly and from left field. It was almost like the ending was rushed to conclusion. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book...but don't expect this one to be a page turner.
Glynis
Apr 26, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, disturbing and well done. Christian novels oftentimes shy away from the tough issues and this one took domestic abuse head on. I can't say I enjoyed it, because of the topic, but it was a good book.
Theresa
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Good Book!
Laura Roskelly
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching

I really enjoyed this book. It get off to a bit of a slow start but I enjoyed getting to know Sadie.
Renee
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
could not put it down, surprised with the ending. They made you believe it was going to happen one way then Bam! It curved a different way, not how I wanted it to go
Cheyanne Lerato
A book were u don't need to read in order
Kim
Aug 02, 2015 added it
I enjoyed this book. It's about Ally Buckley. When nine-year-old Ally Buckley turns up missing, fears spreads throughout the New England fish village where Sadie and her family live and worship.
Carlene
Feb 28, 2013
Jamie
Aug 16, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor

Coast of Maine (4 books)
  • Margaret's Peace (Coast of Maine #1)
  • Island of Refuge (Coast of Maine, #2)
  • Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine, #3)