Start by marking “Want Me (Dark Obsession, #2)” as Want to Read:
Want Me (Dark Obsession, #2)

Want Me

(Dark Obsession #2)

She doesn’t play it safe...

Sophie Sarantos has a weakness for dangerous men. She doesn’t like safe lovers—she likes men with a wild, rough edge. But Sophie may have attracted a lover who is too dangerous, even for her. Someone is stalking Sophie, slipping into her home, watching her day and night. The stranger seems to know all of Sophie’s darkest secrets, secrets that sho
Published January 27th 2015 by Hocus Pocus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Want Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Want Me

Baba
1.5 stars. DNF @49%. Review completed February 13, 2015

photo oie_ifqDZPTbMPEp_zpscionhm3v.gif

Once upon a time there was a caveman jerk, leering at a bland damsel in distress. His path was paved with insta-lust and other insta-reactions. The caveman's cock jerked at 5%. *gasp* Get your shit under control, man! She's a client! Or, at least, a potential one. Naturally, the caveman couldn't think straight anymore. "We think of it as the save-your-ass-protection type." His gaze slid to her ass. Such a very nice one it was. Caveman an
Lyndy Ann ♫
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want Me is the second book in the Dark Obsession series and this is Lex and Sophie’s story, we met both Lex and Sophie in Watch me.

Lex Jensen is Chance’s friend and business partner at VJS Protection and as soon as he saw Sophie he wanted her.

Sophie Sarantos is Ethan Barclay’s best friend/lawyer. When someone breaks into her home instead of going to Ethan she goes to VJS Protection and hires Lex as her bodyguard. Lex is not going to let anyone harm Sophie again and he is going to do everything h
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
In case I never said it before, Cynthia Eden is one of my all time top favorite authors! She writes really good Romantic Suspense!

I love a good strong alpha, a damsel that is smart and tough but needs some of that testosterone filled protection, and I especially love a good psycho character. YaY for me because this had it all!

While I haven't read book one is this series (which I plan of going back and doing), I quickly caught up with the VJS Protection firm composed of Devlin, Chance, and Lex.
Debra Johnson
Liked it a lot more than Book #1

Want Me by Cynthia Eden
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Crime, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
4 stars ? Haven't really decided yet.
4 stars is to high, sooo
3.75 Stars rounded up

This one was much better than the 1st book in the series.
There was still a few glitches that pulled the story down.
For the most part I enjoyed it, but it really had the potential to be much better.
Claire Robinson
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - He sure felt right. The bad boys always did. Stars!

I don’t think it is any secret that I am a HUGE fan of Cynthia Eden, I think I have read almost every new release from her in the last 12 months or so, and I have no plans to stop. The writing, her characters and storylines just work for me. Whether it be a romantic suspense, PNR or just straight romance title she delivers, and at a very high standard. Yes the storylines are a little similar, and the characters all a little alike, but I don’
Cristina
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Did I like this book?

Well...

description

...I did...but I wasn't very fond of the insta lust and insta love crap that was going on. I mean knock you down lust I can understand but professions of love after a few days where to much for me.

description

What I did enjoy very much was the adventure story in the book and how it all plays out. I would have never thought of that one character to be the bad guy so I totally liked that it surprised me.

Reading this book was like watching a short action movie so I totally liked th
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Dark Obsession series by Cynthia Eden. Sophie Sarantos wakes up and finds a man in her home. She escapes and goes to VJS Protection, Inc. for help. Lex Jensen is there to step up to the plate and take care of business. But business is the last thing on Lex's mind. Sophie is more than just a paycheck for him. But she is keeping secrets and the men of VJS wonder if those secrets may spell doom.

We met both Lex and Sophie in the first book of the series Watch Me . It's been a
Claire Robinson
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - He sure felt right. The bad boys always did." Stars.

Michelle
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it
We meet Sophie in book one of the Dark Obsession Series; as the hard-nosed attorney that might not always play by the rules. It’s been a few weeks since the man after her oldest friend tried to kill her, since Lex saved her life. And for Lex, it’s been a few weeks of constantly thinking about this woman. When her safety is under attack yet again, she turns to VJS Security and to Lex for protection. Both Lex and Sophie have hidden past, similar pasts. And Lex knows that in order to really have So ...more
Leigh
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Want Me is one action-packed, suspense-filled, steamy read, I have come to expect from Cynthia Eden. When I saw this book on NetGalley, I knew I needed to give it a try. Despite not reading the first book in the series, I had no difficulties reading this story.

Sophie is a take-no-prisoners, hot-shot, defense attorney. She keeps her clients secrets buried on top of her own. When a stalker breaks into her home, she turns to Lex Jense
Victoria

Sophie Sarantos woke instantly, knowing that she wasn’t alone...

3.5 RATING+Want Me is the second book in the Dark Obsession series by author Cynthia Eden. While this novella can be read as a stand-alone, some of the set up for the story and dynamics between several of the characters develop in Watch Me, the first book in this series. For that reason, I recommend reading Watch Me first.

Want Me has a very similar formula as Watch Me: damsel in distress, alpha, protective hero, and a creepy stalker
Vee Paige
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5* Loved it. Though my first suspect was the correct one, I must say throughout the book the author managed to make me doubt my first choice. What I really liked about this book was Lex and Sophie. Sure it was insta-lust, insta-love. With the length of the book and the plot having a suspense layer, that's unavoidable. Besides, we get to the hot scenes sooner. ;)

I loved Lex for being alpha, badass, growly and jealous. I loved Sophie because she wasn't sweet and roll-your-eyes naive. She's a l
Dijya
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
**4.5 Stars**

Cynthia Eden never ever disappoints. Never have to think twice before picking any book written by her. :))
Alex ♈
3,5 stars

The best in this series, but still only ok.
Megan Fall
Love this series! There's so much suspense and action and I can never figure out who the killer is!! Can't wait to read Dev's book and of course Ethan's!
LizBookAddict
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

5 Hot and Suspenseful STARS ★★★★★

After not being all that impressed with the first book in this series Watch Me, I was a bit concerned starting this one and having it tank too.. particularly since this is one of my favourite authors and always an auto buy. The first book in the series lacked Cynthia's trademark edge and although the plot was conducive to the point of the series as a whole, it just fell a bit flat for suspense... this one though... no, this one was much much better...

We meet up
bookaholic ge
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia Eden did a great job with this book. At one point I needed to fan myself I felt the heat coming off of the pages with each word that I read. This book can be read alone and this series can be read out of order. I suggest reading book 1 because it was also great but it will not kill the story if you read it out of order.

Both Sophie Sarantos and Lex Jensen have lived very ruff lives. Due to the circumstances of their past they completely balance each other out. This book made me laugh, cr
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
arc received from NetGalley for honest review

I wish I had read the first one, not because I was lost or missing anything. There was stuff alluded to from the first book which I think if I read would have made this one even better. This book had suspense, action, sexy alpha, insta-love, and hot sex. Well, I picked the wrong bad guy. Shame on me I should know better. I look forward to the next book(s)...I'm hoping for three more books not just the final member of VJS.
Sheryl C. Nash
Dec 27, 2014 is currently reading it
*NETGALLEY*
Jo
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A man wasn’t supposed to look at a woman and instantly need her. Instantly want her. Instantly imagine her naked and moaning his name.
A man was supposed to be civilized. He was supposed to keep his control.
He wasn’t supposed to salivate.
But when Sophie Sarantos strolled into Lex Jensen’s office, his control started to splinter.

Sophie Sarantos and Lex Jensen met in the previous book, when Sophie came to her friend Ethan’s defence and assistance as his lawyer when Lex’s partner Chance suspected

Zita
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He’s no longer just watching…

This is the second novella in the Dark Obsession series.

Sophie Sarantos is a criminal defense attorney with a tough reputation and questionable connections. Someone who knows too many things about her life is stalking her and the police are of no assistance. She’s drawn to dangerous men but doesn’t do relationships. When she needs to, she uses such men once for sex and then there’s no more. She would prefer to avoid obtaining protection especially from the recommende
Marta Cox
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Dark Obsession series and fans of a sexy romantic suspense story will not be disappointed. It is quite a short book admittedly but the author packs a lot into it. As we return to the lives of the men who run VJS Protection Inc we catch up with Lex and get to see him all caught up with a very dangerous woman with a shady past that's about to come crashing into her present.
Sophie has kept her secrets buried and her heart with them. Hugely successful in her job but de
Deborah
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is the second book in this series and while its a standalone with no cliffhanger I wish I'd read the previous book 'Watch Me' first since that's where all the main characters were introduced.
Sophie Sarantos wakes to find someone in her bedroom and the someone in question has a knife, she escapes but this sets a whole series of events in motion. On the advice of the police Sophie hires VJS Protection and finds herself instantly attracted to Lex Jensen her new bodyguard and it would appear th
Lindy at BookBlinders
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yum! First off let me reassure readers, I did not read the first book in this series and I was completely able to get into this book with no problem. At no time did I feel lost or out of the loop.
Sophie Sarantos comes across as a hard woman. A defense attorney, she exists in a cut throat world where the strong survive. A difficult and tragic childhood adds to her standoffish manner and her penchant for quick, meaningless hookups.
When she becomes the object of a deadly stalker she is forced to tu
Melissa
»be« - Das digitale Label von Bastei Lübbe
Cover:
Erotisch angehaucht
Rezension:
„Sie liebt das Risiko ... Sophie hat eine Schwäche für gefährliche Männer - mit Ecken und Kanten, die sich auf ein riskantes Spiel einlassen. Doch diesmal scheint sie an den Falschen geraten zu sein: Ein Stalker ist hinter ihr her und kennt ihre dunkelsten Geheimnisse. In ihrer Verzweiflung wendet sich Sophie an den ehemaligen Soldaten Lex und engagiert ihn als Bodyguard. Sie fühl
Emalie
Book provided by NetGalley.

Review originally posted on my blog

Actual rating: more like 3,5 stars

Guys, I did it again. I hit request on a Cynthia Eden book on NetGalley. But what can I say I'm just an addict when it comes to her books. They are always fast-paced and drizzling with passion. It wasn't different with Want Me.

Want Me told the story of Sophie and Lex, who we both met in the first part of the series in Watch Me.

Sophie is being stalked and hires Lex to protect her. But we all know, tha
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Intense, driven, a Dark Obsession. Cynthia Eden once again brings us a dangerous love in an even more dangerous world. In Want Me, book two of her Dark Obsession Series, Cynthia once again delves into the dark side of romance. It's edgy, it's tense, it's totally thrilling!

Sophie Sarantos holds most of the world at a distance. With the exception of two close friends, one she considers a brother, Sophie doesn't trust anyone. But when she is accosted in her own
  • Sweetest Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #3)
  • Slow Burn (Lawmen, #3)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • The Green-Eyed Doll
  • Detecting Danger (Capitol K-9 Unit #5)
  • Secret Thoughts (Victoria Wilde, #2)
  • Edge of Temptation (The Edge, #2)
  • Home Sweet Home (Sweet, Texas, #.5)
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • Full Exposure
  • Wicked Firsts
  • Midnight Secrets (Men of Midnight, #3)
  • Tempted Again  (West Investigations, #3)
  • Raphael (Secrets and Sins, #3)
  • Athena's Raid (Perdition MC, #2)
  • Prisoner Mine (Base Branch #6)
  • The Spy Who Wants Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #8; Goddard Project, #3)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love

Dark Obsession (5 books)
  • Watch Me (Dark Obsession, #1)
  • Need Me (Dark Obsession, #3)
  • Beware of Me (Dark Obsession, #4)
  • Only For Me (Dark Obsession, #1-4)