Start by marking “Giovanni (Filthy Marcellos, #2)” as Want to Read:
Giovanni (Filthy Marcellos, #2)

Giovanni

(Filthy Marcellos #2)

Giovanni Marcello lives life by his own terms and has no intention of changing. As a Capo and the son of a mob boss, he knows what is and is not acceptable conduct. That doesn’t stop him from doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants to do it. The one thing he would never do is disobey the principles of La Cosa Nostra. That is, until he spends a night with a beautiful str ...more
Published April 2nd 2015 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about Giovanni, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giovanni

Start your review of Giovanni (Filthy Marcellos, #2)
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
5+ STAR CROSSED LOVE STARS

Giovanni's book completely surprised me, I mean it was angsty, I had some really good feels while reading it but I also had some pretty sad feels too!

Giovanni, is the youngest Marcello son. Unlike his two older brothers Lucian and Dante he didn't follow the plans that were set out for him by their father. He dropped out of college and the one thing he does that affects his family the most i
S.M. West
4.5 Tesoro STARS

“I swear my breath, blood, and being to Cosa Nostra, la famiglia – our thing.”

The second book in the Filthy Marcellos series is Giovanni Marcello’s story. He’s the youngest Mafia Prince; the troubled one, the black sheep. He is lawless and reckless. It’s his way or no way.

Gio is searching for something, chasing something that has him using all the vices available to someone with no boundaries and a limitless supply of cash.

Gio meets Kim, a beautiful mystery woman, at his oldest brother’s weddinSTARS
Bev
Re-read February 2019 and enjoyed it more the second time around so 4.5 stars

I'm not a fan of reading about drugs/substance abuse so went into Gio's book dragging my heels. If it wasn't for my-read-every-book-in-the-series-in-order OCD I probably would have skipped this, and I'm so glad for my OCD because colour me surprised! I ended up loving Gio and Kim. Gio was so very much more than I expected him to be, in a good way.
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*4 you wish I'd taste your Nutella jars*

it's fratello numero due turn and that's right I wrote three Italian words, be amazed. Any who I'll quit my slightly chocked blabbering and get one with Mr. Lawless.

Giovanni David Marcello or Mr . lawless. Being the youngest, Gio is always second guessed and chooses the life of I don't give a fuck. But behind all that rebellious armour Gio is one of the most cunning Capo ever. He manages his streets aclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Giovanni
Radmila
4,5 STARS!!!

"The strongest people are the one who fight and win wars no one else ever gets to see."

Gio is the youngest son of mafia boss, Antony.

Gio was the trouble one. The black sheep. He was lawless and mostly, he loved it. Often times he didn't think things through, but he was cunning as hell got himself out of most bad situations he ended up in.

Shanny
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia

Another Mafia book I enjoyed, SHOCKER I know!! I came to the conclusion that I'm a Mafia addict!
description

Anyways the second book focuses on Giovanni ,the youngest brother in the Marcello family and Kimberlynn Abella. Who is not only the daughter of Nunz Abella an enemy of the father Anthony Marcello, but who is also engaged!

I really enjoy reading a forbidden
Snow
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mobsters
4 "from lust to love" stars

BR with my gals, Irish, Shanny and Suz

Done with the second brother, ready for the third and the last one of the Filthy Marchellos :)

Review to come... and here it is on April 11th

This was a lustfull story, a forbidden pull and a passionate take on love…when you at least want it, when you don’t even search for it and it hits you right between the eyes…

The second of the Marcellos is “Giovanni David Mar
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
In previous books, Gio was described as reckless, careless, fun-loving, irresponsible, etc. He was the one the entire family worried over. In this book, we learn how similar he really is to the other men of the Marcello family. Antony did good. Gio has his own way of doing things and showing the strength of his character. I found that he held honour, respect, integrity, truth, and loyalty in high regard. He just didn't take his life that seriously until he found something (or someone) to be seri ...more
Bethany-Kris
Mar 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Filthy Marcellos: Giovanni is live!

"See, we’re Marcellos, Kim. We’re not dirty, we’re downright filthy."

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/o6usp5w
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/filt...
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id97...
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/filth...

Be filthy ...
Ashleyjo
So disappointing.

While there were a couple elements about book one I found subpar, I enjoyed it, especially the characters and the romance. I still have no problem recommending book one as a standalone.

This one, however, is just not to my taste in any way.

1. Romance Does Not Work

They have ONS. She knows who he is, but he doesn't know who she is.. And yes, he asks.

The FMC knew that just being who she was that there'd be deathly consequences to him and her if anyone found out they
~Mindy Lynn~
3 Stars!

I liked it but it was just wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be.

I was looking forward to Gio's story. I really liked him in the previous book and thought his book would be a fun ride. Not so much.

Giovanni is the baby of the Marcello's family and has a lot of lean way when it comes to all of his mess ups. He runs drugs and owns a few clubs and does very well for himself. He also likes to dabble in drugs and is certain he has control over his using and it isn't a proble
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Reread

Not really a fan of this one unfortunately
Same insta lust with a punch
They spend the night together and weeks later he can't forget her
Because of their reckless, drug using manner I didn't like any of the mcs so I skimmed this one. Gio was as devoted as his father and brother,h was engaged to douchebag, jerk face Franco at one point but it's an arranged marriage.
TeriLyn
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**Giovanni generously provided as part of the Filthy Marcellos: Complete Collection in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "I'm going to give you us." Stars

Book two of the Filthy Marcellos tackles the youngest brother of the crew and the woman whom catches his eye. Giovanni and Kim have a whirlwind romance I definitely enjoyed reading. The forbidden aspects of it played right into what I love about those types of romances and the passion here was just as great as in Antony and Lucian's stories. There w/>4**
Selene
I liked this book a lot but something was missing from the story and I'm not sure what it was. There was drama, action, suspense, the Bethany-Kris stamp on mafia living, and the steamy scenes were hella hot. I didn't care much for Kim and her angsty ways and it took me a while to warm up to Gio, but maybe my reading this series out of order wasn't the best decision. I favored Dante out of the entire Marcello clan and Gio was just okay, though I loved his character growth throughout the story. Ca ...more
Meka♥books
If there was no Dante, Giovanni aka Gio would be my favorite Marcello. As the youngest of the clan, the family always worried about his safety because he never played by the rules. Gio's wild, no hold bars tongue, and fuck you attitude sold me from the beginning. This Capo's honesty and guarded heart will make you fall in love with him at least for me it did.

Gio is a Marcello through and through and lives up to the family name so rest a sure he might be the youngest, but in his young years of running
Alia Ros
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
“He’s perfect, huh?”
“He is.”

IM CRYING, Its over! That was such an intense read. I literally couldn't put this one down. Omg i cannot begin to describe my love for the characters. Bethany-Kris did a really good job with the plot. It was amazing! Full of suspense, action and romance. ;) Anyways need to hit the sack, lovely read!
Trina
May 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, dnf
DNF 40%...

(view spoiler) ...more
Ari Reavis
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia-mob, own-it
I'll just start off by saying I'm so glad you know who got his hands and tongue sliced. ughhh. I liked this book as much as the first. Although i was really anxious while reading most of it, trying to figure out how Gio and Kim would get out of their situaion. It was nice to see Antony and Dante open up a little more in this book too.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, bethany-kris

*Read thru Kindle Unlimited*
Becky
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I suspect this book is one of those "it's not you, it's me" situations. After loving book 1 of this series, I had REALLY high hopes for this one, so maybe that had something to do with my feelings. I know this book has a few tropes that are like catnip for a lot of romance readers, but I didn't really feel like they worked for me.

Exhibit A: Giovanni, our hero, is pretty fucked up when the novel starts. Drinking, drugs, everything, to the point where Giovanni'
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo Gio_zpsybrhnjp3.jpg

The baby of the family. And as the baby, you get lots of attention no matter your age. Gio is 25 and the one that turns his parent’s hair gray. He's smart and street savvy. He plays hard and he's an impressive Capo. If he could only get his life in order and stop the partying, his family wouldn't have to worry about him.

Gio has a one night stand with a beautiful young woman he meets at his brother’s wedding. He knows he should find out who she is but she is too much for him to resist. Their o
claridge | booknomnom
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't really into Gio during the whole course of the first book, so starting the second book with him as the MC was a little bit tricky for me to get into. However, his character as the misunderstood and lost son of a very accomplished Don really steals away the reader's sympathy. And more than his plight, I fell in love with how strong his character is. You have to be very stupid not to fall in love with the bravery he has shown in this book. Gio <3

And Kim. I wasn't really hoo
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm in love. I can't stand it. These books have invaded my brain and I want all the mafioso words. All of them.

If I could happy dance in front of the author I would. She's a freaking genius

( thank you, Vic for turning my attention to the filthy Marcellos! )

I am stingy with my 5 stars to the point of I will look for faults so I don't have to give five stars. For Antony alone I would award 100 stars. Can he be my dad but also my older sugar daddy boyfriend, is that weird?
Donna
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“See, we’re Marcellos, Kim. We are not dirty, we are downright filthy.”

Giovanni is the youngest Marcello boy. He too is a Mafia prince, becoming a mad man at just seventeen. The rules of La Cosa Nostra are the only rules in life he will follow and that fact has always brought a sense of relief to his father. At twenty six, Gio is an incredible Capo, but his family is worried. Gio enjoys getting high, in fact he prefers it. His father is at his wits end and wants to get him clean, thr
Zane Baltā
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good, love these series!
ValerieC
Romance is my Jam||Victoria
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five stars! All the skip stars!!

Oh this Mafia Prince. Where has he been all my life! I thought Lucian was good. Giovanni was amazing. Everything I want from a book, and possibly more.

When a book leaves you thinking about it the next day. THAT.

When a heroine doesn't make you want to punch her in the face. THAT.

And when a hero is just deep down GOOD (in his bad world) that he makes your eyes sweat and your heart pound out of your chest with every page turn. Double THAT.

I can't say enough great things for t
Shirley
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 – 4.5 Stars

Well I must say this was a pleasant surprise. Not that I expected it to be bad or anything, I’m just not really down with the whole drug thing. There was some drug taking and mention of drugs but it didn’t dominate the book at all. I absolutely loved Gio he was sweet with Kim and definitely has the Marcello protective and possessive traits too ♥
Tahsin
Lucian was good, but I liked this one more, if it's even comparable. Different stories, but continues on with the lack of drama between the main characters. I love this author for writing a drama-free series.
Suzanne (Lily)
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gio surprised me in a good way :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #5)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles #4)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Vincent (Made Men, #2)
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • In the Beginning (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
  • Lucca (Made Men, #4)
  • American Savages (Ruthless People, #3)
  • The Untouchables (Ruthless People, #2)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

Filthy Marcellos (3 books)
  • Lucian (Filthy Marcellos #1)
  • Dante (Filthy Marcellos #3)
“Go to hell, Giovanni.”
“Tesoro, take a good look at me. You’ve already put me there.”
18 likes