Start by marking “Slenderman (Emma Frost #9)” as Want to Read:
Slenderman (Emma Frost #9)

Slenderman

(Emma Frost #9)

ASIN B00Q6ZBAVQ moved to the most recent edition

Ever heard of Slender Man?

They say he is always there. They say he is always watching. A tall guy in a suit and tie, with no face, and arms like tentacles.

Some say he is an online myth; others will go very far to prove he is real, so far that they might even kill for him.

Fanoe Island is busy with the mayoral election comin

Published November 25th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Slenderman, please sign up.
Marianne You can get it on Amazon today for free.

Start your review of Slenderman (Emma Frost #9)
Cheryl
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
When it comes to author Willow Rose you're either a lover or a loather - I'm definitely in the lover category. Yes her stories are a little convoluted and her protagonists behavior more than a bit unbelievable, but I view them as cosy mysteries with body and therefore enjoyable entertainment. This novella was easy to read with the alternating viewpoints of the younger children and the now adults, as well as the ongoing storyline featuring the evil doctor/counsellor. A very current plot involving ...more
Ms. Jared
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm surprised this got such high ratings on Amazon and Goodreads. I thought it was pretty bad.

The storyline is predictable, but also weird and slightly ridiculous. And the writing is really bad. The technique as well as the language. To be fair, I don't think English is necessarily her first language, but she could seriously use an editor. It was all clunky and wordy and just didn't flow well.

Anyway, I finished it. And I won't be reading this author again. Bechdel Test: Pass.
Sherry Fundin
Harassment…oh, it is so much more than that…and I wonder if Brutus will go all Cujo on her as the past comes back to haunt her with characters that are so far out there, entitled, mean, cruel, deadly, and the mystery of Slenderman seems to come out of the computer and walk in real life…

See more at fundinmental
Paul Ryan
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I picked up this novel as part of a BookBub deal, and always try to leave a review if the novel was free as a way of giving something back to the author.

Overall, I found Slenderman a bit of a mixed bag. There were a few scenes I enjoyed (I found Ulrik's story to be a highlight of the novel) and a few good moments as the tension built around the murders and the looming threat towards Emma.

However, there were a few things I disliked and feel I need to be critical about such as the rushed, unsati
Darren
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
another good one

The series just continues to get better with each book. In this book, not only does Emma continue to struggle with getting her family put back together, but there is a new mayor, who definitely has more secrets in her closet. You need to read the complete series, to know what is in the hidden past of the mayor. also, Victor, Emma‘s son, reveals another hidden talent that he possesses.
Ebalyn McCullagh
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Still really enjoying this series. Didn't like Kenneth getting murdered. Waiting to read what the new mayor will do next. Thousands she'd of been caught and put away by now.
Louise Pledge
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I felt somewhat like I was forced to get this book to finally find out what was going to happen to Dr. Sonnichsen. Well, I sort of feel like I got two for the price of one, because there was another plot running, involving different murderers. Maya and Victor got dogs in this one, and I loved the connection between Victor and his Brutus. Unfortunately, Maya's Kenneth didn't fare so well in their home.

This installment to the series was less disturbing than some of the others with the language cl
Tony Parsons
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
11/2014, SuperBrugsen. Someone had attacked dear old Jonna Frederiksen (69).
Fanoe Island. Ulrik Larsen (older boy), & Peter Larsen (older boy), went to see if Old Hansen (farmer) needed any help.
Lisa Rasmussen would like to become the next Mayor.

Camilla (wife) & Poul (Camilla’s husband) were going to show Emma Frost, Victor, & Maya (memory loss), some dogs.
Kenneth (dog) & Brutus (dog) went home with them.
William Korsvig had a friend called Slender Man.
Morten Michael (Maya’s father), Jack (fire
Heidi
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good story based on the Slenderman myth. Demonstrates how a myth can take on a life of its own and grow. It even mentions the true story of the two 12-year old girls in Waukesha, Wisconsin actually stabbed their friend 19 times and left her for dead supposedly at the request of the Slenderman. Willow Rose has taken that myth and used it as a basis for a book filled with terror.
Donna
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Horrifying Tale

Willow Rose knocks it out of the park with Emma Frost and crew. Plagued by someone trying to destroy all she's worked for, Emma must figure out who and why before she finds herself locked up, all while trying to figure out the link in multiple murders. Can she do it?
Dawn Zinn
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!

I loved it! This is the first I've read in the series and I'm already a big fan!
My usual reading tastes are far darker ...extreme horror has been my favorite genre. I'm so glad I stumbled across this book :)
Kathryn Heathcote
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another Willow Rose success!

This has a really good story line, with an ending that I did not see coming. I enjoy the style in which Willow Rose writes. It is easy to read, and spot on.
Sandra Burns
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Willow Rose never disappoints

This is based on the Slenderman, on Minecraft. Great read. I think I should read the rest of Willow Rose in order, feel like these characters , had been introduced before. Especially the doctor.
Anita Hargreaves
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chilling

There's no one quite like a Dane, especially creative when killing and plotting bedlam. At last Emma may be charged with her cyber hacking, her boyfriend Morten has been suspended from the force and a couple of serial killers are on the island. Peaceful place.
Valerie Hodge
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thrill a minute rollercoaster ride

Yet another success for Willow Rose and her heroine Emma Frost. I loved the writing style which captured my attention and had me riveted until the very end. Congratulations Willow you did it again.
Becky Kincaid
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read!!!!

Willow Rose does not disappoint! This book will keep you up at night until you read the last page. I have read several of her books and can't wait to start another one! I am a huge fan!!!
mohan raj cpm
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Slenderman

Willow Rose and her books are becoming an addictive obsession! She knows how to spin a yarn and hold you dangling at the end of a string! Would recommend one to read this!
Jenae (Jeni)
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT: Slenderman is extremely intense, especially since Emma's best friend Sophia is so much a part of it. Well, one of her kids is. With so much personal an professional drama, how is Emma ever gonna get anything done? My suggestion is, read the book and find out! 😃 ...more
Crystal w
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was good and I haven't read any of the other emma frost books. I will be checking them out after this one for sure. It was good. It has a good pace and it will keep you guessing all the way until the end and you will be say what the what. Good book and a ton of drama. ...more
Linda
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable

Emma is funny, quick witted and loves coffee and chocolate, she is also a computer hack. Some parts of the story made me sad and some made me laugh. Being an author and solver of crimes is a deadly business but Emma pulls it off.
Susan M. Gordon
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read the whole series back to back, and it is was like reading the same novel with different scenarios. The characters did not develop and the situations were the same, quite boring.

The first book was fine, #9, not so much.
Jeffrey Newman
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, great mystery!

I am not a big mystery fan, bought the book because of its title. Thought it was going to be more of a horror story. It turned out to be a page burner. Great heroine and very unexpected ending. Read the second half of the book in one sitting.
Sydney Halet
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Imagination overload

Strange storyline but good read. Lots of twists and turns, as well as characters. I could visualize a LMN movie.
Tricia Kolsto
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book, quick, easy read
Bonnie Dale Keck
Sep 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kindle Unlimited, although own 9 of the 10 and possibly some of the sets; wondering if should buy 10 so going to read on ku but first going to read 1 NOPE ALL GARBAGE, went through 10 piles of filth and garbage and sewage. Every story has cardboard characters, unbelievable and stupid nonsense situations, and that is IF can understand the broken/bad mangled sentences of 'English'. CLAIMS a 'modern murder she wrote' uh how, it's not a decent mystery, it's not a decent 'book', and it's ridiculously ...more
Nia Ireland
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Brad
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
I saw this book on Book Bub for the very attractive price of $0.00
And as "Slenderman" killings was slightly newsworthy at the time, I grabbed the bargain it was.

Now that I have come to read the book, I have discovered this is book #9 in the Emma Frost series.
Yes, I have missed books 1-8, so obviously I am coming in a bit cold here.

Since it is book 9, not much of the way of introductions to the "main" characters. As this book involved 20+ characters, it took a while to work out who we were suppos
Pamela Scott

This is my first time reading the author.

I enjoyed Slenderman. I chose to read it because I’m familiar with the legend of the character and thought it would make an interesting read.

I wouldn’t say this is the best book I’ve ever read but it’s not the worst. I found it a quick, easy read and not too taxing.

Slenderman has very short chapters which were easy to read.

The characters are okay, they were a bit one-dimensional at times.

Slenderman is really about
Cindy Close
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Decent storyline, but...**spoilers**

This book had a decent storyline at the beginning, but I was bothered by more than a few things towards the end. The whole notion that a psychopath could run for mayor, and get away with everything she did, without anyone on a tiny island knowing about any of it, seems ridiculous at best. Second, how someone can get hit by a car, then "turn autistic" is incredibly close-minded. (I understand this was the diagnosis in 1966, but characters in 2014 said the same
Mary
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one crazy book. There is so much going on--I'm thinking probably 3 or 4 stories, tiny to big. Some continuations from books previous. Of course, the big plot is that Slenderman (a tall, thin man with a blank face) is coming for elderly citizens of Emma Frost's peaceful little island. Meanwhile, Emma finds decades old letters in her destroyed attic that could possibly have links to the murders. (Yes, there are many convenient instances that happen in this series, but sometimes you just ha ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cold Shadows (Ellie Kline #6)
  • Deadly Dreams (Kylie Hatfield #4)
  • Deadly Silence (Kylie Hatfield #5)
  • Cold Revenge (Ellie Kline #7)
  • Storm's Fury (Amelia Storm #1)
  • Deadly Games (Kylie Hatfield #3)
  • Storm's Peril (Amelia Storm #2)
  • Deadly Lies (Kylie Hatfield #2)
  • Autumn's Break (Autumn Trent #2)
  • Autumn's Game (Autumn Trent #1)
  • Autumn's Fear (Autumn Trent #3)
  • Cold Threat (Ellie Kline #3)
  • Autumn's Rage (Autumn Trent #4)
  • I See You (Arrington Mystery Book 1)
  • Winter's Web (Winter Black #7)
  • Cold Hunt (Ellie Kline #2)
  • Winter's Storm (Winter Black #8)
  • Cold Highway (Ellie Kline #4)
Willow Rose is a multi-million-copy best-selling Author and an Amazon ALL-star Author of more than 70 novels.

Several of her books have reached the top 10 of ALL books on Amazon in the US, UK, and Canada. She has sold more than three million books all over the world.

She writes Mystery, Thriller, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Horror, Supernatural thrillers, and Fantasy.

Willow's books are fast-pa

Emma Frost (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider (Emma Frost #1)
  • Miss Polly had a Dolly (Emma Frost #2)
  • Run Run as Fast as You Can (Emma Frost #3)
  • Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die (Emma Frost#4)
  • Peek A Boo, I See You (Emma Frost #5)
  • Tweedledum and Tweedledee (Emma Frost #6)
  • Easy as One Two Three (Emma Frost #7)
  • There's No Place like Home (Emma Frost #8)
  • Where the Wild Roses Grow (Emma Frost #10)
  • Waltzing Matilda (Emma Frost #11)