Start by marking “Swoon” as Want to Read:
Swoon

Swoon

Steph

I’ve never been your typical girl. I didn’t grow up in a warm fuzzy family, and emotions weren’t something I needed now. Love has never been something I could wrap my mind around, so why bother? I know what I’m good at. I’m a great friend, have a passion for healing others, and a way with horses. I can be all those things at the same time without ever discussing my ow
Published April 2nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Swoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swoon

Michelle
4.5 Stars
Loved this one! This was my first book by this author and will be looking for more.

Steph doesn't believe in love or relationships. Her parents were both shitty ones and she defiantly doesn't want to end up like them. She doesn't want to talk about her feelings with a guy or a girl for that matter. So imagine her surprise when she wakes up next to Lawrence after a night of heavy drinking again. The man she had a great night with a few months ago after her best friends party. A man she h
C.M. Foss
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Sizling Pages on TSU

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

I loved Shiver by CM Foss and was excited yet a little nervous about
Steph and Lawrence's story. I adore this authors writing style in the
way that she brings out so many emotions but still manages to keep a
lighter feel to her story. She captivates and keeps me engaged. I loved
Lawrence so very much. I wanted to shake Steph so ha
Candy
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Swoon is a standalone romance with spinoff characters from CM Foss’s previous work, Shiver. I was incredibly grateful to get the best friend’s story, especially considering how much potential I felt when I came across her in Shiver. Swoon is a ride filled with ups and downs of angst and laughs, but one that left me feeling love and hope above everything else.

“Love is simple. Life interferes and makes it seem complicated. But it’s one of the clearest emotions to have.”

We were introduced to Step
B.N. Toler
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**sighs** Lawrence. How I love Lawrence.
Shiver was such a great read and CM Foss really stepped it up with Swoon. The banter between Lawrence and Steph was so funny and spot on. And although I wanted to bust Steph's knee caps a few times, Lawrence eventually got what he wanted.
This was a great read and I would highly recommend it. I do hope to read a story about Lawrence's sister someday!!
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lawrence and Steph have a one night stand. Both feel the connection. However, Steph makes it clear. It is NEVER happening again. They remain friends and have a budding platonic friendship.
Until feelings start to re-surface.
Steph is afraid of taking chances on life, on love.
Lawrence believes in embracing it, not knowing what tomorrow will bring.
She refuses to accept love.
He willingly gives it.
will they take a chance on love?

Steph is a selfless,witty,funny character who you can’t help but connect
Book Fancy
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Squeeeeee!!!! I have been waiting on Lawrence and Steph's story ever since I read Shiver, which I loved. And I have to say CM Foss really blew me away with this one! Even though this can be read as a standalone, I really encourage you to read Shiver first to get to know the characters. And it's an awesome story that you will definitely enjoy!

Now on to Lawrence and Steph.... Lawrence is sooo swoon worthy! There's a definite sweetheart underneath a
Joann
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finally, I get the rest of Steph and Lawrence's story!!! I was so happy after I read Shiver, and saw that these two would get to play out for us too. Their chemistry is phenomenal, and even though you know that they both try to convey the playboy role, you know that there was something that connected them too. What starts as a quirky, yet playful friendship, soon turns into heat and lust- and something that they cannot turn away from.
I do hate that they wasted so much time fighting their feelin
Brenda Thompson
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Steph & Lawry!
Riz
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A hot, cocky cowboy with a heart of gold and a dirty mouth… Swoon is right!! This is the second book I have read by C.M. Foss and I enjoyed it even more than the first!

What was a one night stand turned into so much more, but not without a lot of fights, regrets, and moments full of sexual tension. Steph doesn’t do relationships. They are high maintenance and full of drama. She would much rather not deal with that.

“Lord knows the man loves the F words. Fuck. Obviously. Family. Of course. Future.
Angie  McLain
Swoon – CM FOSS

5 Steamy, Swoony, Sassy Stars

Swoon is the second book from author CM Foss, and it serves as a companion, standalone novel to Shiver. Both books can be read without having read the other, as they feature the same characters but the stories are independent of each other. Shiver focused on Lissa and Ethan, Swoon is Steph and Lawrence’s story.

“She’d ruined me. And she would never let it happen again. So she said.”

Steph and Lawrence meet through their mutual friends, Lissa and Etha
Lustful Literature
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
**TARA'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

I would characterize this book as a spin off from Shiver, while it is not necessary to read Shiver first, you definitely should. Shiver gives the background of the main characters in this book, while Swoon will revisit the main characters from Shiver. So do yourself a favor and grab Shiver before you read this book.

Read my review of Shiver HERE

I really enjoyed this story, Steph is tough as nails and not willing to let Lawrence in. Lawrence is a strong Alpha with a hear
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
So glad to finally get Steph and Lawrence's story !! This book starts off at a point in Shiver we have already read , but now we get it in their POV and of course I love dual POV !! This story is full of real life struggles and it is heartbreaking at times but yet heartwarming the same. I felt so invested in reading about the work Steph was doing with the kids and the soldiers and their families. It was amazing to see the changes being made and I just felt so touched by the gentleness in her wor ...more
Ashley
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Swoon is a book that definitely lives up to its title and then some. I loved Lawrence and Steph in Shiver and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them better and delve deeper into their relationship. The timeline progression of the story was set up very nicely. It flowed well in terms of moving the plot along without feeling like there were huge gaps of missed time and events. Instead of relying upon flashbacks to set up Lawrence and Steph’s pasts, C.M. effectively used present day scenes to high ...more
Steph
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing

My girl Tina Turner says it all...

Simply the best.

Better than all the rest.

You speak the language of love like you know it means.

CM, I hang on I every word you say write!

Cm Foss has a unique talent of intertwining the lives of her characters
into those of her readers.

I easily got lost in Steph and Lawrence's world.

Their love is almost a case of opposites attract, if you will.

Swoon if full of hilarious witty banter and romance with a hint angst.

The chemistry between Steph and Lawrence is palpabl
Tara Santiago
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

4.5 Stars

Read my review of Shiver HERE

CLICK HERE FOR MY FULL REVIEW OF SWOON

**A gifted copy was received by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Be sure to check
Starla
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited to see that Steph and Lawrence were getting their own book. I had enjoyed what I had read of the two of them in Shiver, however you do not have to read Shiver to read Swoon.
I'll start with Steph first. I loved Steph, she is such a diverse character. I wanted to pick her up and comfort her at times and in turn was ready to strangle her other times for her thoughts and choices. I always thought she just needed the right person to balance her out. Lawrence was such a great guy!
Geri
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This story was terrific! It is the next book after Shiver and I definitely enjoyed hearing what was happening in the lives of the characters from Shiver and it brings us back to Steph and Lawrence. Steph is so tough because of her past and is the complete opposite of Lawrence and the loving upbringing he had. They are the perfect example of opposites attracting. Steph fights against her feelings for Lawrence and throws herself into her job, but then she is forced to change directions. I lov ...more
Angela
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute, sweet and a bit sexy!

If you are searching for an easy read that will leave you feeling good. Swoon is the perfect book. There are no heavy storylines or confusing puzzles to figure out. Just the sweet love story of Lawrence and Steph. This is the first C.M. Foss book I have read and I really did enjoy it. I love characters that can make me laugh and Lawrence and Steph did just that!

Going into the book I didn't realize that it is actually the second book in a series but each book is it's o
Akd
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I know this will sound so cliche...it's true though, so DON'T JUDGE ME!
Swoon will make you swoon!!!
I fell in love with Lawrence and Steph from the very beginning. Steph is definitely a heroine readers want to know. And Lawry (ok, so Lawrence is now one of my BBF's, so HANDS OFF!). Well, read and you'll understand why I say you'll swoon!
This novel by CM Foss will make you...yeah, that!!! You will also feel despair, happiness and love. Not just for the main characters, but for the peripheral chara
Mayas
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don't know where to begin to describe Swoon. Do not take that as a bad thing because trust me it is NOT. Lawrence, yeah, he stole my heart with his straightforwardness and passion to make Steph believe, fight, and grow. The use of "F" words played a major part in the union and fall of a couple that was just meant to be. I did fine myself researching many issue, ailments, ans so on to get a better understanding of what stole my heart.

This is a good love story and I wouldn't mind a twofer. I se
Denise Anderson
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my 1st CM Foss book. I had never heard of her until I was introduced to her thru some Author takeovers. I enjoyed Steph & Lawrence's story. Steph is very independent and doesn't believe in relationships. Lawrence is very swoon worthy.. They are drawn together not only for their love of horses but for their uniqueness. They can push each other's buttons and it drains them closer together. ***i was awarded this ARC copy for an Honest review****
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
This book was so good...I absolutely love, this is my favorite type of Romance book..CM Foss wrote this so well.

You have a beautiful, smart, kind, loving, scared women Steph..she was not given the best at life, but she has a heart of gold...

Lawrence...he perfectly defined the title of this book..he is sexy, sweet, funny, I love him so much...one of my favorite leading men..SWOON.

Watching Steph and Lawrence story unfold was awesome...I loved every minute of this book ..so good ❤
S
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Foss is one of the new generation writers worth checking. Even CoHo recognizes her talent. This one's my 2nd from her and what I admire most about her works are her settings. She pulls them off amazingly (at times, her style reminds me of Gruen just less heavy on the emotional gauge). She's now one of my go-to-authors whenever I need/want a breather from my current read/s.
K. Langston
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this book. But I'm finding that I love anything this woman writes. Laurence is the epitome of book boyfriend. He's charming, sweet and downright hot as hell. CM keeps you laughing and swooning throughout this beautiful tale, and I found myself unable to put it down. Her storytelling is unique and you can't help but get lost in her words.
Michelle
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book just pulls at your heart strings. I've never read a book where the character(s) have such great patience. And then throw in an amazing story line, again with horses, and you will eat this storyline up. Talk about a grueling life decision.....You MUST read this book to get the full affect.
Jennifer Sporer
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say.....This is one of the best books I've read.....I laughed...and teared up!! What an amazing story!! Lawrence is my new BBF!! He's the sweetest person, and he loves him some Steph!! I can't wait for more from CM Foss!!
Lindsey Ward
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Love this book. It is refreshingly happy and romantic. Where can I find my own Lawrence?
Peggy Tran
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so much, Lawrence makes me swoon!! A story with the perfect mix of fun and heart! ❤ ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Her Bull Rider's Baby (A Cowboy of Her Own, #2)
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • Third Time's The Charm (A Morning Glory Novel Book 4)
  • Distiller's Choice (Bourbon Springs, #4)
  • Christmas Roses
  • Heir Today Gone Tomorrow (It's Reigning Men #2)
  • Broken Glamour (The Glamour Series, #2)
  • Hot Secrets (Hostile Operations Team, #13)
  • A Broken Life (Paula Mitchell, P. I., #2)
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • On Christmas Hill
  • Stranded for Christmas (Holiday Acres, #4)
  • Dry Water