Start by marking “Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 2 (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 2 (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)

Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 2

(Tokyo Ghoul #2)

Unable to discard his humanity but equally unable to suppress his Ghoul hunger, Ken finds salvation in the kindness of friendly Ghouls who teach him how to pass as human and eat flesh humanely. But recent upheavals in Ghoul society attract the police like wolves to prey, and they don’t discriminate between conscientious and monstrous Ghouls.
Published August 18th 2015 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 19th 2012)

Mario
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, graphic-novels
Since I've finish the second season of the anime yesterday (and what an ending that was!), I finally decided to continue reading the manga, 'cause there is no possible way I'll be able to wait a whole year for season 3.

Just like the first volume, I really enjoyed this one. There was a lot of scenes here that weren't in the anime, so it was interesting and fun to read. Also it was interesting to find out more stuff about ghouls. The characters are amazing, and artwork is really good. Can't wait t
Shannon
Definitely better written and more developed than the first volume. I think the storyline involving Kaneki's relationship with both sides and showing that humans and ghouls have a shared interest in staying alive is such a strong point for this series. It's way more difficult to condemn something because it's acting according to its nature and not just killing for fun or sport.

I'm really starting to like Touka too - and completely unrelated, she kind of reminds me of The Lost Girl from the Rot
Romie
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I swear I want to put some sense into Ken. He seriously need to understand he's not only a human anymore. That'd do him some good.
I love how we can see being a ghoul doesn't mean being entirely bad - though people think so. It's more black and white : some ghouls kill to feed, some don't; some ghouls like humans, some don't . . . they're not the same.
Definitely interested to see what's gonna happen next with the inspectors!

3.75
Phee
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
It’s nice seeing the difference between the manga and the anime. Things are definitely becoming more fleshed (excuse the pun) out. Also beautiful artwork. These covers are so well done and interesting.
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Shy Ken Kaneki is thrilled to go on a date with the beautiful Rize. But it turns out that she’s only interested in his body—eating it, that is. When a morally questionable rescue transforms him into the first half-human half-Ghoul hybrid, Ken is drawn into the dark and violent world of Ghouls, which exists alongside our own.

I LOVE the cover of this volume of Tokyo Ghoul vol 2 - it is so freaking gorgeous! I wish all chara
James DeSantis
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The death of the Ghouls starts something new.

After the events of last volume Kankei is trying to figure out what to do. He learns to balance his life as a ghoul and pretend to be human he must master that. He also learns what the Ghouls in this section of the city do to protect themselves and not have the government hunt them. This volume really focuses on the bigger world building parts and giving some in-look on how it all works. There's also a major death that helps build up character in new
Giulia

This second volume was even better than the first, and that's saying something! The art is still more than amazing, and we're getting to know all the characters better. (Can I just say how much I love Touka? Yes, she may be bloodthirsty and vengeful, but that's what makes her so great, isn't it?)
There was also some extra content that we didn't get to see in the anime, which made me really excited, and now we've also met my lovely Uta with his mildly terrifying eyes, and my n.1 nemesis,
Aleksandra
🖤Generally, I love the idea that there’s no bad guys; it’s only people that do what they think is right. You just can’t blame anyone (unless it’s Mado— this guy... he’s pure evil. I wonder what’s his story... no one with their right mind would be so cruel).

🖤Uta is such a cool character

🖤Hinami is precious

🖤Kaneki is Kaneki (and his mask— epic)

💔The scene with Mrs. Fueguchi
Aya Hamza
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This volume is amazing, and more tragic than the first one!

My review for the whole manga is here.
Radwa
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is getting better and better.

I love the art style! some mangas have awesome storyline but an art style that's hard to get into, but this one is amazing.

This volume goes deeper into the "Ghoul" community and their laws, and we begin to see how the "Ghoul Department" at the police are hunting them. The dilemma Kaneki lives, I've lived it with him, he doesn't know what to feel towards Ghouls. They eat humans, but they still have feelings and some of them have grown closer to him.

I love to see
Josephine
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

I really enjoy Tokyo Ghoul. Sue me^^

Since I've already seen the anime I know what happens and I can follow the story easily and it's a quick read. I'm loving it all so far, since I know that Kaneki's character development is slow-paced but so amazing. So far, it hasn't let me down. There isn't that much action yet, but rather getting to know the characters. I don't mind, since I think it's such a cool world.

And as always, the art is amazing 😍
Aminova
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
everything in this manga is just getting better and better !
Kät
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm rapidly falling in love with this series and the art style

It's only a couple of hours later and I feel like I need to up my previous rating from 4.25 to at least 4.5 because I can't stop thinking about everything that happened in thos volume and drove the story and plot forwards. This was too good to just be a four star read - both regarding my enjoyment the objective content. I'm so into this series and I'm more than glad I already borrowed the next 5 or 6 volumes from the library so I can
Irmak
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kütüphanem, manga
3.5
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

I was finally able to pick up the second volume of Tokyo Ghoul! I just got back from vacation about a week ago and during that vacation, i read absolutely nothing. I've been trying to get back into the reading groove and I've decided to jump back in slowly with some manga! I've wanted to get into this series for a while now and I read the first volume a little earlier this year! Now I need to pick up the third one ASAP. I'm still waiting for big things to happen, but I can feel this story is goi
Jessy
i love uta.
yomo is fucking hilarious.
hinami is a cutie pie.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Yukino
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 2018-comics, manga, miei
SERIE TOKYO GHOUL vol. 2

Sono davvero contenta di avere inizato questa serie. Mi piace talmente tanto che la sto leggendo con calma. Mi sto gustando ogni vignetta, tutto. Qui entrano in scena gli agenti Mado e Amon.
Però..non può finire così! A me il terzo ^^
Fatemeh
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, read-twice
زیر سوال بردن ارزش های اخلاقی مورد قبول اکثر آدم ها، هوم؟
عالی بود. غم انگیز و عمیق.

چرا ما آدما حیوانات رو شکار و ازشون تغذیه می کنیم؟ چون در راس زنجیره غذایی قرار داریم. چون برای زنده موندن نیاز به تغذیه از بقیه موجودات زنده - اعم از گیاهان و حیوانات - داریم. همینم باعث زیاد شدنمون و چیره شدن به همه منابع کره زمین شده.
حالا اگه موجوداتی وجود داشته باشن که برای زنده موندن نیاز به تغذیه از گوشت انسان ها داشته باشن... آیا کشتن انسان ها کار بدیه؟ اون موجودات باید به خاطر انسان ها از گرسنگی تلف بشن؟
Magdalen
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sleep? Why sleep?
If the fact that i have read 19 chapters at one sit doesn't prove how addictive this manga is I honestly don't know what will. Considering the fact that I haven't reached the part where i have no clue what the hell happens, I am still thrilled and excited!! Even if I am reading things I already know.
Now as for the plot: Touka-chan you are a freaking Badass Queen.
Kaneki got his mask (hell yes!) We didn't have Hide but we were introduced to Hinami..
It is so fascinating ^_^
Clara (Clarylovesbooks)
Liked this even more than the first one. Kaneki is finally realizing how everything is not always black and white and not every Ghoul is a monster. This volume shows how they are creatures with feelings and capable of love
L. McCoy
This manga continues to be a weird one though this volume is not as good as the first.

What’s it about?
It’s pretty much just continuing the story of Tokyo Ghoul (too weird to try explaining).

Pros:
The story is still very strange and interesting. It’s also building up to become a much bigger story. There’s some stuff in this volume that I think will be very important for the series.
The characters are mostly interesting. We get introduced to some new characters in this book, they have potential to b
Nasser Salah
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well. keneki is doing his best to fit this new lifestyle, but one thing he realized. only strong can survive this world. humans killing ghouls, ghouls killing ghouls. so he starts training himself to fit to this world, even though he's stll a wimp. last volume, ghouls were hunting humans, but this volume humans hunting the ghouls.
i feel sorry for that child that lost her beloved mother. but no need to feel sorry for her. they do the same even worst eats human flesh are you kidding me.. and i kn
Clarissa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m really enjoying this.

The ghoul world is definitely growing. We meet new characters and are introduced to some ghoul investigators (Mado creeps me out a little). Touko is still my fave and it’s cool to see Kaneki struggling with his human and ghoul sides. It seems he’s finally ready to learn more about the ghoul in him.
Jamie
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manwha
**Review in Progress**

Kaneki is slowly coming to terms with his new existence. as long as he doesn't have to eat that is. Lucky for him there are a few supplements that curb his new appetite. He has to learn to hide his nature and blend in with humans. While some parts are not a problem, others are.

Touka is still a bit of a mysterious character but I like her. She is strong with a chip on her shoulder but we get a bit of a glimpse as to why in this volume.

We get to learn a lot about the world o
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've finished this yesterday's evening, but I forgot to update. Anyway, the story is so good! I really enjoy it, especially when I see there are characters development. Also, I have fun during my Spookathon week. I have no idea I would be able go succeed but yeay! Gonna hunt for the third book next month.
Ella
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This volume is about a 3.6. The story just gets phenomenal as it goes on.
Dani C
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great second volume to this series! Loved getting to know the Ghouls and their world a little better. I can't wait to see what happens in the next volume!
MadameMelli
Auch den zweiten Band fand ich ziemlich gut! Man erfährt mehr über die Hintergründe und sieht, wie sehr Ken darum kämpft, seinen Platz zu finden.
Liz
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I have a feeling that this is going to become very gory very fast but I frankly cannot be bothered. On a sidenote, I am very interested in ghoul biology and how they "suddenly" came into being.
Yousra & Books
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Une petite relecture s'est imposé dernièrement. Je suis dans mon "Tokyo Ghoul" mood :)
  • 進撃の巨人 8 [Shingeki no Kyojin 8] (Attack on Titan, #8)
  • 黒執事 XIII [Kuroshitsuji XIII]
  • ノラガミ 6 (Noragami: Stray God, #6)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 3 (Deadman Wonderland, #3)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 6 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #6)
Also known as 石田スイ.

Sui Ishida (石田スイ, Ishida Sui), born December 28, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, is a Japanese manga artist
In 2010 he won the Young Jump 113th Grand Prix award with Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種, Tōkyō Kushu). In March 2011, the same oneshot was published in the 2nd Issue of Miracle Jump. And later in September 2011, Tokyo Ghoul started as a series in Weekly Young Jump 2011-41 Issue. In December

Tokyo Ghoul (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 4 [Tokyo Guru 4] (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 6 [Tokyo Guru 6] (Tokyo Ghoul, #6)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 7 [Tokyo Guru 7] (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 8 [Tokyo Guru 8] (Tokyo Ghoul, #8)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 9 [Tokyo Guru 9] (Tokyo Ghoul, #9)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 10 [Tokyo Guru 10] (Tokyo Ghoul, #10)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 11 [Tokyo Guru 11] (Tokyo Ghoul, #11)
“What's tragic isn't that we can't retaliate...
What's truly tragic is...
...being consumed with vengeance and not being able to live your life.”
10 likes
“Your heart is burning strong with righteous indignation... That flame is scattering sparks that may set fire elsewhere. That fire of yours will one day spread to others seeking a just world. The point is whether you have a torch in your heart or not. To light a fire to others.” 8 likes