Start by marking “Covert Justice” as Want to Read:
Covert Justice

Covert Justice

AGENT UNDERCOVER

When a woman drags Blake Harrison out of his wrecked car, he knows the mysterious stranger has saved his life. But more shocking than the hit-and-run is the news that a crime cartel has infiltrated his factory. There's a fortune to be made by tampering with the factory's products…but only if Blake is out of the way. Undercover FBI agent Heidi Zimmerman has
Published June 2nd 2015 by Love Inspired (first published June 1st 2015)

Kav
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow -- my head's still spinning. What an incredible debut novel. Really unique opening. Loved the role reversal with Heidi being the professional and all about the protection detail. And the suspense? Oy, I couldn't figure it out. But I didn't feel so bad because neither could Heidi and Blake. I mean we know it involves a crime cartel but we don't know what they're up to...or why. And the author plays her cards close to her chest right to the very end. Heidi and her team kept looking for motive ...more
Sarah Grace Grzy
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

I do love Blackburn's characters. 😍
Dorel
Jul 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I read by Lynn Huggins Blackburn. I'm sorry I stopped reading this story at chapter 3 because it didn't grab my interest.
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genre: Romantic Suspense

AGENT UNDERCOVER

Wilani Wahl
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A heart pounding, heart stopping, suspense book!The fact that this is a debut novel makes it even better. I look forward to reading more from this great author. There is an adorable five year old in this book that I absolutely fell in love with. Here is a quote from this character that tells just how precocious she is. "I think you're wrong about her hair. I don't think her hair got curly because she put her finger om a socket. I think she was born with it." I can so relate to this quote since I ...more
WriterCK
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good for a debut novel. Enjoyed the fast paced opening & the book kept going at a fairly good clip. The characters were mostly believable & I liked the cast. Will definitely read more of her books!
Debb Hackett
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had wanted to read Lynn Blackburn's LI for a while, because her Dive Team books are so brilliant. I was not disappointed. Grabbed from the opening scene, the pages kept turning all the way to "The End." Excited to read Hidden Legacy, next.
Beth Sondermeyer
Fast paced fun!

This story captured my attention from the beginning and held it to the end. Entertaining & heart warming! I highly recommend it!
Lauren Craft
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! Great character development, and lots of surprises. Also check out Hidden Legacy.
Kim hansen
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A twist and turn suspense. Love it.
Angeline
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Covert Justice by Lynn Huggies Blackburn
One day, that is all it takes to change your life. One day and everything can go crazy. Blake Harrison lives a normal life, well as normal as a single dad running a family business can be. One evening, Blake leaves work late in the evening. Everything seems normal, until he is hit by another car and driven off the road.
In that one evening his whole world changes. His life changed when he finds out that the person who hit him was part of crime syndicate. T
Rachel DeVaughn
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Action packed chapters from beginning to end. Loved the main characters and their faith that was shown through out the story, especially during trials. I loved Blake's family and their closeness to each other and Heidi's determination to keep them alive and bring the mob family to justice. Lots of action, drama and romance. Highly recommend!!!
Roxann
What a great book. I really enjoyed it. The first chapter draws you into the story.

It was wonderful to have the roles reversed in this book. The female is the professional in law enforcement. Right from the beginning she, Heidi, is there to protect and save Blake. Blake doesn't seem to understand why someone is trying to kill him. Blake and his family owns a factory and a crime cartel is trying to take it over for their needs.

I liked both main characters-they were both strong and believable. Ev
Beth Beutler
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just finished Covert Justice. Kudos to Lynn Huggins Blackburn on her first novel. It was interesting with unique twists and a "satisfying-without-being-too-predictable" plot line. The author also seasoned the story with a nice mix of believable faith elements. I was a little slow to engage with the book initially, but as the chapters went on, I felt the author found her stride, rhythm and character development. I recommend it as a story with a unique spin that separates it from what a reader m ...more
Charline Bonham
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romanic-suspense
I received this book free as an ARC. Heidi Zimmerman is an undercover FBI agent trying to bring down a mobster. Blake Harrison gets in the way and she has to protect him. She goes to work as quality control. After a lot of mystery and a few injuries Heidi starts to see who is responsible.
Harlequin Books
"This is a powerful debut for the author. There is an abundance of action as the characters go searching for love and justice. Strong dialogue and careful plotting create a winning suspense novel that will leave the reader wanting more" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).
Charity Tinnin
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
3.5 stars.

Blackburn packed a lot into this short contemporary. So much, in fact, that I'm still catching my breath days later - one reason I don't as a rule read suspense.

But I'm glad I picked up her debut, if only for the chance to meet Blake and Maggie! :)
Jasmine
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Covert Justice! It's hard to believe it is Lynn Huggins Blackburn's debut novel. Lots of danger and suspense plus a wonderful dash of romance.
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Bridget
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love.

I wanted more. I want to see more of these characters and more of the other characters. It was a great romance novel with just enough suspense.
Laurie Cantrell
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-already
Great from first chapter, stayed up to finish. With loosing the sleep. I look forward to the next one
Barbara
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book kept me so impatient to read- I read it almost in 1 day!!!
Great author. BP
Melissa
Dec 20, 2016
Kim
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast read and fun story . . .

This was a book club assignment that I knew I would finish quickly once I gave it the time. I got half way and then finished it in one night. ;)

The most powerful sections included quotes like this, "He knew deep in His soul God had not dropped the ball. He needed to wait. And trust". (p146)

Another one is here, "Trust that God already had all the information and He'd share it [with me] when [I] needed to know." (p175)

So, at a time in my life when I need to trust God
Joy
May 19, 2019
Sherry Smith
Feb 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• High-Caliber Holiday (First Responders #3)
  • Into Thin Air
  • The Protector's Mission (Alaskan Search and Rescue #3)
  • Silent Night Pursuit (Roads to Danger #1)
  • Proof of Innocence (Capitol K-9 Unit #6)
  • Taken
  • Mistletoe Justice (Cedar Key #3)
  • Fatal Reunion
  • Detecting Danger (Capitol K-9 Unit #5)
  • Smokescreen
  • Expert Witness
  • Submerged (Mountain Cove #4)
  • Rocky Mountain Pursuit
  • Dangerous Tidings (Pacific Coast Private Eyes, #1)
  • Mystery Child (Mission: Rescue #5)
  • Vanished in the Night (Wrangler's Corner #6)
  • Big Sky Showdown
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Lynn H. Blackburn.

Lynn H. Blackburn believes in the power of stories, especially those that remind us that true love exists, a gift from the Truest Love. She’s passionate about CrossFit, coffee, and chocolate (don’t make her choose) and experimenting with recipes that feed both body and soul. She lives in South Carolina with her true love, Brian, and