Start by marking “Secrets of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family Series #1)

Secrets of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family #1)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Some secrets are too dark to ever be brought into the light.

At least mine are.

My name is Orson Winters, and you already know too much for me to let you walk away.

A decade has passed since my parents were killed, forcing my younger siblings and me to move in with our estranged uncle. Whitestone Manor in all its grandeur was overwhelming enough. Then, we learned the family
Published February 3rd 2015 (first published January 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Whitestone Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Whitestone Manor

Lydia H
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“The trick, as far as I could tell, was to keep our shadow separate from everyone else’s.”

Amazing. Fantastic. Talk about a page-turner!! From the moment I started reading Secrets of Whitestone Manor, I wanted nothing more than to continue reading this book. I needed to know what would happen next. Suffice it to say, I was pleased with every swipe of the page. The plot kept getting better and better, the characters kept developing wonderfully, and the overall events kept surprising me and keeping
Steffy Rogers
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love.

Let me start out with saying this is not my usual read. I stumbled upon it and once I started I couldn't put it down. The story of the Winters family held me captive from the first chapter on. At a young age Orson, Ellison, Pierson and Grayson have to grow up and spend their childhood fighting rather than being kids. Their mission is to protect the world from the bad. Brittany has done an amazing job with this book and throughout the whole book she keeps your interest. My heart sto
Doris
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was provided a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book is phenomenal! ! I couldn't say one thing negative about Secrets of Whitestone Manor, from the first page to the last. .. it's perfect!
We learn as we go about the family and we get some really humorous interactions with the siblings. I love when I read a book and I can relate to it, but yet not predict what's coming.
Everything is built on the previous reveal, so I can't reveal too much here, but tout tell you tha
Renee
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the writing and especially the characters names. I found this to be a classic tale with real mystery among family drama.
Shanoff Reads
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A new spin on Good Vs. Evil...

I am quickly becoming a huge fan of Brittany Jo James' writing style and the tales that she spins. They are different and oh so refreshing from what I usually read. At first I didn't know how I would respond to this type of story but the way she has written it without too much of the creepy underworld was just enough to keep me interested.

So, obviously I will NOT be giving away The Secrets of Whitestone Manor with my review because I am a firm believer in reading t
EndlessReading
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this book!

UPDATE:

Firstly I want to hive Brittany a HUGE thank you for kindly providing me with a copy of "Secrets Of Whitestone Manor" to read and review...I absolutely LOVE her work

James clearly has no boundaries when it comes to writing an extraordinary novel!

This is definitely different to her previous work, but she totally pulls it off
I can't express how much I enjoyed this book.
There were ups and downs and twists and turns.

I love how she always manages to sneak in a tiny pi
Nicole
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely loved Secrets Of Whitestone Manor. James has gone and done it again!!

There is obviously nothing, and I mean nothing that James can't write. She does a phenomenal job at drawing you into a story and keeping you there. This is a suspenseful romantic read, with a bit of paranormal. There are plenty of twists and turns, that will have you flipping page after page wanting to know what happens next. You want to know the Winter families secret.

Orson Winters is the oldest and certainly
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHAT I THOUGHT:

LOVED IT! I like so much about this book! Even the cover gives you the feel of something old, sinister and creepy. I was into the book, well before I opened it, as the blurb really latched onto me. I had to read it and find out these dirty little secrets that are worth so much plotting and sinister messages.

I instantly loved the writing style and pace that James took in the book. I found that it was a brilliant pace, the same pace you would expect if you were a journalist, trying
ByoBook Club
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrets they are there for a reason . not only to protect but sometimes secrets become harder to keep and when that happens we must do what we have to , to keep it a secret . Orson had to learn this lesson the hard way and everyday it is put to the test but to protect his brothers and sister and the world he will do it . But sometimes even the strongest need help but it is not easily accepted .

Orson was raised with love and his parents but when all that is suddenly taken away and the normal is s
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from HEA Book Tours, PR & More in return for a fair and honest review.

I've actually had trouble deciding on a star rating for this book. There are parts of it that are definitely worth a 4 and then others where I was wavering towards a 3. I've gone with 4 because, overall, this book held my attention and kept me turning the pages.

The story starts with a happy family who are enjoying life. They have a visit from someone who calls himself Uncle Sebastian which confuses the
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this book I got pulled right in. I wanted to know the secret of Whitestone Manor. I figured out pretty quickly that the Winters family was not a typical family but I wasn't sure what their mission was right away but we find out pretty quickly what it is.

Orson is the oldest of the Winters siblings. He seems to act much older then his age. He and his siblings Ellison, Grayson, and Pierson live with Uncle Sebastian. Ellison and Grayson are great, they seem to get into troub
Petula
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★
After the deaths of their parents Orson, his two brother's and his sister are taken to Whitestone. This is the home of his uncle that their father walked away from to attempt to give his family a normal life. The family business is much more than the copper mine, that just supplies the wealth.
The siblings lead a strictly organised life, because their real job will be to protect the innocent from the Sons of the Serpent.
Another family of fighters come to help out with a large group. Lilith
Indies Heart
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great novel by Brittany Jo James! This book is well written and keeps you engaged in the story from the first page to the last page! There are twist and turns around every corner. There is enough mystery to keep you wondering what will happen next. There is enough romance to make it sweet. Then you have a bit of paranormal that makes it that much more interesting. The characters are well developed and you will fall in love with them! I highly recommend this one!
Kayla Bond
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It grabs and holds your attention the whole way through! It almost borders on para-rom which is my heart but Mrs. James keeps everything clean, witty, and exciting. Our MC, Or, is just hot stuff! You can't help but just love him!!! I can't wait for the next book in this series!!! Keep up this spectacular work!!!
Brittany Ginn
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It's a page Turner, and keeps you guessing. There were many times I thought I knew what was going on, but I was wrong every time. If you read this book you won't be disappointed!
Stacey Gannett
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brittany has done it again! Secrets of Whitestone Manor is full of intrigue and edge of your seat drama, with just the right amount of feisty romance to tickle the senses! I am definitely excited for book 2!
Amy Speligene
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BEST WORK BY BRITTANY YET!!! I can't even express how much I enjoyed this book. There were ups and downs and twists and turns. It kept me turning page by page. It's romantic but not overly so. Mysterious. Must read!
Wendy
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well this book was definately not what I expected. When I realized what it was about, I was intrigued but skeptical at the same time. I wasn't sure it would work, but it totally did. I was completely enthralled in the story and I'm really glad I decided to read it.
Brittany James
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Available now on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1HOtyZP
B&N: http://bit.ly/1BY1nlf
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1DqlaJl
iTunes: http://bit.ly/1K5aC6G
Kristen Mazzola
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cannot wait for this book!!!! :)
Ronnie
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
First off I would like to say Wow! I give this book a 4.5. Britttany Jo James has written a very dense, detail oriented book with just enough of a hint of mystery in the back story to keep us interested.

I actually took a break in the reading of this book to let the story percolate thru my head.

meet the Winters Family, Orson, Grayson, Ellison and Pierson, destined to fight the Sons of the Serpent and defend the innocent and preserve those who believe in the Lord from their evil. "With the first s
Kyles
Mar 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Please don't let my review prevent you from reading this book, as a lot of other people seem to have loved it. I personally just wasn't connecting with the book or characters. It just didn't grab me, I put the book down, and just wasn't interested enough to pick it back up again.
Maria Mitchell
Crystal Morecroft
Jan 27, 2015
7196534
Hi there!

So, I'm Brittany Jo James.

I'm a military wife, mother of two boys, author of a few books, child of Almighty God, Oklahoma girl trying to survive in Alaska, owner of a Shar-Pei and a toy Pomeranian, smiling-makes-me-happy type of person.

Yeah. That's about it. Read my books! ;)
More about Brittany Jo James...

The Winters Family (2 books)
  • Shadows of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family Series #2)