Start by marking “Ella Sets Sail” as Want to Read:
Ella Sets Sail

Ella Sets Sail

It's anchors away for Ella the elephant, as her magic red hat takes her on an ocean adventure that shows her what it truly means to be lucky.

Ella loves the annual Elephant Island Carnival for its rides, its cotton candy and the fun she always has with her friends. But this year isn't looking promising: Belinda's being a pest, Ella's allowance is all gone, and it looks like
Published June 1st 2008 by Arthur A. Levine Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ella Sets Sail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ella Sets Sail

Rebecca
Mar 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
I wonder who knows how to make a pineapple pie?
Rachel Herrington
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Ali Robinson
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book begins with Ella going to a carnival with her friends. At the carnival, Ella lets her friend borrow her favorite hat, and while her friend is on the Ferris wheel, the hat flies off of her head and is tossed into the ocean. Ella gets on a boat and goes into the water, but while she's sailing to get to her hat, a big storm comes in and she wakes up in a new land. After meeting new people and getting their help, she returns home, learning lessons in sharing and kindness.
In all honesty, I
Taylor Shannon
This book follows Ella and her friends to a carnival. While there, Ella lets a friend borrow her lucky hat. When the lucky hat flies off in the wind, Ella realizes she will do anything to get that hat back. Even sail off to a new island. This book would be useful when discussing problem solving and what to do if a friend loses something you let them borrow.
Sherri
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I love the Ella books not so much for the stories, which are average to above average, but for the utterly delightful illustrations. The palette and saturation and texture are all most inviting to the eye.
Brittany
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet little elephant book, but I wish the ending would have had more detail.
Cassandra
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: preschool
This is my favourite of the Ella books I have read, but still, the same problems. Ella is once more pressured by Belinda into doing something she doesn't want to do -- but this time it is shown to have negative consequences, at least, rather than being a mess Ella cleans up silently. Still, why on earth would I want my daughter, who does consciously model her behaviour after books, to keep a friend such as Belinda, who is never shown doing anything supportive or helpful, but instead takes advant ...more
george
Aug 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Ella's favorite time of year is finally here--the annual carnival on Elephant Island! Ella is excited and can't wait to meet her friends for a day of fun. But soon the day of fun turns into the most unlucky day ever for Ella--her favorite, lucky red hat gets blown away and Ella must chase after it. The chase leads hre to the water where she must take a boat out in the storm to rescue her beloved hat. She ends up on an unfamiliar island, but meets some charming new friends. Maybe the day isn't so ...more
Britt Youngblood
Jul 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kristy
Dec 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Ella and her friends meet up for carnivl fun. When one of her pals convinces Ella to let her borrow her hat, the hat blows away, sending Ella on a wild goose chase. Ella ends up on a mediterranean island, also inhabited with elephants and makes some new friends. The day ends well with Ella safe at home and an apology from her friend. Not a delightful as the first three, but still cute.
The Brothers
One of our favorites of the Ella the Elephant series. Ella has a very unlucky day where her lucky hat is blown away by the wind and she chases it into the great unknown. Along the way she makes some new friends and finds her hat. Makes you want to bake a pineapple pie!

Nice illustrations.
Katherine
You always want to know what Ella the elephant is going to do next because she is so adventurous and fun! What a great story about a strong little girl who wants what she wants! I love her adventures and that she is always on top!
Tina B
Dec 10, 2009 added it
"Ella series, has illustrations and adventures similar to Babar the elephant"
Heather
Jun 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I wish I could give this 3.5 stars. I liked it, but it wasn't quite a "4" for me.
Kari
Sep 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
I really had enjoyed Ella takes the Cake, but found this disjointed and disappointing.
Jaime
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
My daughter Ella loves this series!
Hillvan
AD430L
Shauntel
Jan 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-easy
I like this little elephant.
Nadia
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute pictures & sweet story.
Abigail and Hattie Donovan
Jan 19, 2015
Katy
Apr 19, 2014
Jason
Jun 16, 2012
Annie MacPherson
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2018