Start by marking “Madness (Asher Benson #2)” as Want to Read:
Madness (Asher Benson #2)

Madness

(Asher Benson #2)

Asher Benson has once again fled to a secluded cabin in the mountains outside of the sleepy town of Arthur's Creek, West Virginia. Government agents surround him day and night, blanketing his entire life in constant surveillance under the guise of keeping him safe.

That facade is shattered when every cell phone in Arthur's Creek rings simultaneously. Anyone who answers the
Published November 18th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madness

Start your review of Madness (Asher Benson #2)
Mr. Matt
Asher Benson has retreated to an isolated West Virginia cabin. He needs to hide from the rest of civilization. The ability to seamlessly slip into other people's minds is more of a curse than a gift. Sometimes you just want to be in your own head - not everyone else's. His peaceful retreat is interrupted by a mysterious call placed to all cell phones in the sleepy WV town. Anyone who made the mistake of picking up the call is plunged into a murderous killing rage.

Part Two Weeks Later, part
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
Asher Benson is back, the drunken derelict with his unique form of PTSD, is dragged kicking, screaming and staggering back into saving the world...again.

Asher Benson is exactly what I like and look for in a hero. He has a "gift" that sets him apart from most people. It is his "superpower". Unfortunately, this gift is also Asher Benson's curse. He cannot control this power, personally, I think for a hero to work, he must have his kryptonite.

Jason Brant has brought the whole gang back together
Michael Loring
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madness is the second in Horror/Thriller Author Jason Brant’s Asher Benson series, continuing the unfortunate tale of telepath Ash and his merry band of wise-cracking friends.

It’s been a few months since the events of the first novel, and Ash has relocated himself back to the cabin that he had escaped to after leaving the army. The government keep a close eye on him, and although he’s displeased by it he doesn’t really fight it. He’s sunk into a near permanent drunken stupor, and he doesn’t have
Mala M.
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my...

How I loved book two. Though it was purchased as a Christmas gift, I took my time reading it because I had feared book two would be the last. Imagine my excitement when today of all days, my kindle directed me to book 3! Jason I'm not sure that you will ever see this review, but you have no idea what your books have done for me. Given me a reason to get out of bed when nothing else would. I absolutely am in love with you're writing style. You have a number one fan in me. Thank you.
Tracy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Story just keeps getting better and better (yes you must read book 1)
It's a page turner, thrilling, exciting to see what happens next and funny as heck! Can't wait to get started on the 3rd!
Fred
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
A horrifying account of what homicidal madness can do to a small town where most of the inhabitants are afflicted. The main character and his friends try to survive and get help to control the situation. Unfortunately, there isn't much more to the novel than that. It's well written, has exciting action, but there are some contradictions that make the story less believable than it would otherwise have been. For example, Asher, the main character, can and does shoot a teenager who is about to ...more
Brad
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
It has been 2 years since I read "Ash" (The first book of the series) so I was a bit rusty on some of the characters, but it didn't take long to get up to speed. The story was great and hummed along, but my biggest gripe with the book was the analogies.
It seemed at least every page contained one. "He was carving him up like a thanksgiving turkey". "He stunk like a ..." Just too many comparisons!
Edwina Brown
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story really was incredible. I can only imagine terrorists doing this. I hope it never happens. The awful regret of the ones who killed their families from having their brains controlled by madness would be terrible. I was sad for Sammy to die in this book. I thought she might be able to help Ash so he would stop being a drunk and be able to deal with his telepathy. I can only imagine what he went through dealing with others thoughts.
Jim Kratzok
Couldn't put this one down!

Incredible story. Love the characters and dialogue! It's amazing how horrifying and funny a story can be at the same time. Once again, Ash, Drew, and Nami team up against the evil Smith who has staged a a mind blowing attack on the small West Virginia town near where Ash has been living. A lot of good people are lost in this one....
Mikey955
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hmmm

Ok so following the first book in this series , which I enjoyed this sequel is a bit disappointing.
Its more of a horror plot, the storyline is just about plausible.
Ill try the next book however I'm at the last chance saloon with this author.
M Jane Deneen
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Too far out there

The action was there but so totally unbelievable. I finished the book but don’t expect to move on to the third in this series.
Rose
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Since I read The Gate, I can't get enough of the amazing stories from this author!
Steve
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good fast read not as good as Ash but looking forward to the Third instalment.

Well worth your time and money.
Jamie
Madness Review

I really enjoyed Ash: the first book in the Asher Bensen series. In fact it's one of my favorite books ever and Asher is one of my favorite heroes of all time. I can really relate to him. He has had a really rough life which is honestly a huge understatement. He suffer's from survivor's guilt, PTSD and probably a huge bout of depression on top of it. And then there's his drinking. I think it's safe to assume that Asher is definitely an alcoholic but who can blame the poor guy. If
Donna Rice
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Ash's exploits in this book. It was a much darker novel than it's predecessor, but the cameraderie was still there. The scenes in the town were horrific but well written. I'm now off to download book three.
Heidi
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A car accident on a road in a small town in West Virginia, a phone call on your cell phone from a private caller, and then all hell breaks loose. It is time for Ash to face Smith yet again, but when his friends find him he is in his perpetual state of drunkenness, and reaking chaos for those who are there to protect him.
There is a lot more gore in this book, but it is still fast paced, and a page turner. I have also come to believe that Ash may have Superman qualities, but you will have to
Maria Elmvang
Honestly, I can't quite figure out what I think of this book. It was every bit as captivating as the first book in the series, and I had serious problems putting it down, but it was a LOT more gory than I typically want my books to be, and I read most of it with a bit of a cringe on my face. The carnage started on page 5 and didn't end until 3 pages before the end!

But it was well written, I like the characters, and it ended with the main bad guy still not found, so I'm still contemplating
Melissa Vicente
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The violence level in this book is amazing, I've never read gore that kept you flipping pages for more. Ash is retreated further and further into himself but can never run from the fact that he is a softy that just wants to help people and by help people, he means stay away from them.
I wasn't too happy about the ending, I would rather have seen them go through everything including being saved instead of an epilogue of what happened after but it was still a great read. I'm looking forward to the
April Taylor
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant follow up - I've seen some negative reviews saying that the baddies weren't caught and therefore it makes no sense - I have to wonder if they read it properly, the "baddie" is the same guy as from the first book and of course he wasn't caught, that would have been really disappointing. I am looking forward to the next book, and I hope that he still doesn't get caught, so that we can have a fourth!
Melody C. Johnson
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for more!

We meet back up with Ash again and right from the go it's run for your life, fend off the crazy, hope to make it out of this alive action! Came straight to this read after finishing the first in the Asher series in one sitting. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment!
Robert Wood
The only cool thing on a very hot sticky night is to read a very cool and pulse racing story. I'm going to continue staying cool by binge reading the rest of Asher's story in Asher's War. I am very happy to have found out about Jason Brant through his Hunger series. A new favorite author of mine now. Highly recommended.
Joanne Beall
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't put this one down

Read the first book, liked it, so decided to read this one. A little bloody and detailed, but a quick read. The story line is a little out there with the mind reading, but I found the characters interesting and the story exciting.
Fay
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: action, comedy
Again 3.5 stars, enjoyed it, but wasn't quite love. It's beginning to look like Ash will never have a shower, a sober day, have a relationship or be out of danger. Be interesting to see if any of the new characters introduced in this book find their way into the next one.
I do love Nami though.
arlene gagnon
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Worthy of ten stars...

If book one was terrific the second sequel is indescribable. The author mixes humor, violence and psychic awareness to a level that mesmerized the reader. Can't wait to start reading the next chapter in the continuing saga of the mismatch heroes.
Andrew
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
3.2 stars. Not quite as good as the first, yet still very entertaining. The main character is still a social misfit who comes up with some great insults and comic observations. There were a couple of unanticipated and unwelcome plot twists, but they did add to the story.
Kristine Jared
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Madness is , well, just that.

While trying to live down saving the president, Ash gets embroiled in an even crazier attack on humanity small town style. We see the return of his friend, Drew, and his love life picks up. Not as believable as his first novel but still exciting.
Penny Starks
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Decent Reading

More guts and Gore than Ash but still a good read.
I recommend it if you are looking for thrills
Yvonne C. Tolson
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Too much gore

I liked the previous book but this one had too much blood, gut s, and gore.
Not planning to get the next one.
Lisa Short
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Patty Blaney
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
a little bit of government spy and a little bit of paranormal make for a fantastic read. Had a hard time putting this one down.

• Drowning With Others
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • Craig & Fred: A Marine, A Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other
  • Icarus (Interstellar Cargo Book 1)
  • Captive (Detective Jade Monroe, #2)
  • Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Tear It Down (Peter Ash, #4)
  • The Cove  (FBI Thriller #1)
  • Fallout (Flashpoint #3)
  • Tales of the Forgotten (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #2)
  • Only The Dead Live Forever (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #3)
  • The Watson Girl (Special Agent Tess Winnett, #2)
  • Walking In The Shadow Of Death (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #4)
  • Something To Fight For (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #5)
  • Infinity: A Bridger's Origin (Bridgers, #0)
  • Divided We Fall (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #6)
  • Bound By Honor (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #7)
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more

Asher Benson (3 books)
  • Ash (Asher Benson #1)
  • Asher's War (Asher Benson #3)