Start by marking “Angry Birds Comics Vol. 1: Welcome to the Flock” as Want to Read:
Angry Birds Comics Vol. 1: Welcome to the Flock

Angry Birds Comics Vol. 1: Welcome to the Flock

(Angry Birds Comics #1)

Join Eisner-nominated creators Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin as they lead the flock through wild adventures across the birds’ island home. The Angry Birds are on the move by air, land, and sea in this exciting volume that collects the first four issues of the series!
Published November 25th 2014 by IDW (first published October 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Angry Birds Comics Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angry Birds Comics Vol. 1

Start your review of Angry Birds Comics Vol. 1: Welcome to the Flock
Sam Quixote
That’s right, the game 90% of people play while on the crapper has become a comic – and a surprisingly decent one too!

IDW have gone about the potentially godawful enterprise of adapting Angry Birds the game into a comic by hiring two excellent writers, Jeff Parker (Batman ’66) and Paul Tobin (Bandette), both of whom have created some wonderful all-ages comics (particularly Tobin’s Marvel Heroes work).

Together they craft some short and simple stories for the Angry Birds to have while the Pigs
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
I love this comics. I love the birds and the pigs! I love piggyland. Haha they're all cute. This comics is not only for kids i guess. I enjoyed reading it.
Mariℓina
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Our favorite characters embark on new adventures while roaming their island in this bundle of their first 4 comic books..

Funny storylines, accompanied by great designs and stunning colors..

A great, easy read for both children and adults. Basically for anyone who likes angry birds..and let's face it, we are many..

Written by the Eisner nominated writer Jeff Parker (Thunderbolts, Spider-man 1602) with interiors drawn by David Baldeon (Scarlet Spider, Captain America) and Cover art by Paco Rodriquez
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
I received an ARC copy for review. My 7 year-old son LOVED this comic. We read it in one sitting, taking turns reading aloud with all the fun onomatopoeias! There were several short stories in similar fashion to the Angry Bird Cartoons. My son is definitely a fan of the Angry Bird Comics now, and can't wait for more!
ʆɛѵi
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-comics
I used to be obsessed with the game when it first came out, of course. Way back when it was a cell phone game and there was only one version and I sucked at it. I was ambivalent about the movie but wanted to give the comics a try because they seemed cute and I love the yellow triangle bird. Amusing enough to read to the end, but definitely more for kids with how silly it is. Not quite interesting enough for me to keep reading.

NTS: Not reading Vol 2
Engel Dreizehn
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-2017
Fun read...just as wacky and colourful as the Angry Birds game...with some "take that" to repetitive musical rides in disneyland.
Antonia V Domenech
I'm not a fan of Angry Birds but I figured I'd give this book a try. It was cute. I really enjoyed the illustrations but this book couldn't convince me to become a fan.
Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa
REVIEW:

Who would have thought the crazy game my son showed me on the iPhone years ago was going to BOOM, and take shake up the world in such a way. Angry birds from video game to toys, shirts, stuffed animals, cars, and on, and on, and on . . . COMIC BOOK. Of course our little strange characters need personalities, and not only personalities, but they have a story to tell. Apparently many stories filled with action and mischief.

I was given this book free of charge to provide an honest review
Wayne McCoy
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Angry Birds Comics Volume 1: Welcome to the Flock' proved two things to me. First, you can make a decent comic out of characters from an app, and second, that Paul Tobin can write anything, and he does it well.

The birds are trying to protect their eggs. The pigs are trying to steal the eggs. The birds fly over to the pigs village to keep the pigs from having time to steal the eggs. That's pretty much the premise of the game. The pigs are pretty dumb, but some of the birds are too. When Bomb
Francesca
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4/5

Essendo una fan dell’omonimo, mitico gioco, non potevo esimermi dal dare un’occhiata anche al relativo fumetto.
E sì, mi spingerei a dire che questo libricino è indirizzato principalmente agli appassionati del game.

Il mondo a fumetti degli Angry Birds non è molto più complesso di quello del videogioco.
Abbiamo gli odiosissimi maiali verdi che stanno cercando di rubare le uova da un gruppo eterogeneo e bizzarro di uccelli multicolori, che per risolvere il problema trovano come soluzione
Anna (BooksandBookends)
I received a copy of this book by the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book uses the ever popular characters from the Angry Birds game series. With all of children's favourite characters from the series, this comic is funny, witty and plain clever. My original expectations for this weren't very high but it far surpassed this and was really quite enjoyable! With the bomb bird who has an unfortunate case of the hiccups and can't stop exploding to the adventure world
Hugh Smalley

The Angry Birds are on the move by air, land, and sea in this exciting volume that collects the first four issues of the series! Join Eisner-nominated creators Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin as they lead the flock through wild adventures

Theediscerning
Aug 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
…Because the game app hasn't made enough profit. This bright and breezy comic puts a bit more character into the mythology, with a sprinkling of the different kinds of birds, and on the other side some of the different types of green pig, getting into cartoonish japes. Nobody over the age of about nine will particularly find it enjoyable, and many older than that will have absolutely no clue what it all is in aid of, beyond the subject of my opening sentence. Strictly for the very young, it has ...more
Nay Denise
**A e-copy of this book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

I totally enjoyed this graphic novel of Angry Birds. It was so cute, adorable and funny to read. I love how the birds and pigs were at constant war from across on different rocks, to piggyland and to beach. Just simply hilarious. I never really liked the Angry Birds game, but this totally made me fall in love with Angry Birds.

Awesome graphics/ artwork. Definitely enjoyed this to a T. I even read this to my
Elle Markov
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is very much a kids book and a very funny one at that. The book is comprised of short stories, chronicling the adventures of the Angry Birds and those dastardly Piggies, always trying to steal the eggs.

The stories are short funny and witty, with a nice sense of humor, to keep children engaged. The illustrations are hilarious and by far my favorite was the story on Piggyland, it's like Disneyland except it's all Piggies and it's an evilllll plot.

Parents will love this book because it will
Elaine
Really enjoyed reading this collection of Angry Bird tales. The illustrations and stories are brilliant, totally in character and many actually have a moral included. Definitely funny, entertaining and delightful, this is a collection to read again and again! Highly recommend it for the young and young at heart :)

Many thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for allowing me to access an eversion of this book pre-publication in exchange for this, an honest review!
Diane
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic, read-in-2014
1. Bomb can't get rid of his hiccups.
2. The pigs drop "ProPIGanda" in the form of candy and literature that might just turn the birds against each other.
3. The Pigs try to use a egg sucking device, but the birds outsmart them.
4. The pigs open Pigglyland

A series of story lines pitting the birds against the pigs. Should be popular with students, though the stories aren't that interesting.
Ron
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angry Birds continue their takeover of the world by invading comic-book land. These are very short tales the birds and pigs interactions with jokes, slap-stick and even a bit of espionage thrown in. Not bad for quick, semi-mindless reading.
Carol
These Angry Bird comics are hilarious, even if you aren't a fan of the game. The pigs and birds all have their own unique personalities that when all are combined have some ridiculous outcomes. The book is made up of several short comics varying in length from one page to ten. Fabulous fun for all!
Gail
These crack my 6 year old boy up. Lots of out loud laughing from him.
Ryan
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know kids who will eat this up.
Hamster
Not as fun as the game, but the art was great and the short stories kept my interest.
Thanks, NetGalley for the copy!
Andréa
Note: I received a digital galley through NetGalley.
Zeighzaz Zeezu
Oct 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
how do I even start reading
Asif Ahmed
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
D

Ccccnsnb dbdb did dnd dnd be dnd Sh d she d dnd dnd Sh dnd dnd. She dhd s did.
Scott Roberts
The book cover looks very nice. The story plot is very cute and funny. I give this book 5 stars.
Holly Letson
I felt like it was more about the "Bad Piggies" than the "Angry Birds". But, I did really enjoy the story about Bomb having the hiccups.
Jeremy Schumann
Mar 15, 2017
Mansour
rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2016
Chris
Sep 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #1)
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Angry Birds Comics #12
  • Angry Birds Comics: Furious Fowl
  • Big Nate: From the Top
  • Stinky Cecil in Terrarium Terror
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • Breadwinners #1: "Journey to the Bottom of the Seats"
  • Clyde
  • Unicorn vs. Goblins (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #3)
  • Unicorn Crossing (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #5)
  • Wolfie Monster and the Big Bad Pizza Battle
  • Angry Birds Comics Collection
  • Angry Birds Comics #5
  • Angry Birds Comics #6
  • Angry Birds Comics #7
  • Angry Birds Comics #8
  • Angry Birds Comics: Ruffled Feathers (Angry Birds Comics (2016-))

Angry Birds Comics (6 books)
  • Angry Birds Comics, Volume 2: When Pigs Fly
  • Angry Birds Comics, Volume 3: Sky High
  • Angry Birds Comics Vol. 4: Fly Off The Handle (Angry Birds Comics (2016))
  • Angry Birds Comics Volume 5: Ruffled Feathers
  • Angry Birds Comics Vol. 6: Wing It (Angry Birds Comics (2016-))