Start by marking “The Island: Tales of Terror” as Want to Read:
The Island: Tales of Terror

The Island: Tales of Terror

For the first time ever, get all of horror author Dan Padavona's fiendish tales in one collection.
From serial killers and vampires to deadly spiders on a deserted island, this terrifying collection will leave you afraid of the dark!

"Spider Horror that leaves fang marks!"

___________________________________________________________________________

Collection Includes:
Published September 23rd 2014 (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Island

Start your review of The Island: Tales of Terror
Deacon D.
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: supernatural
A collection of two clever, short horror stories by the talented author of STORBERRY.

THE ISLAND tells the tale of a father and son who are stranded on a small island that is strangely devoid of life...almost.

ONE AUTUMN IN KANE GROVE takes place on a small college campus where the brutal murders of several co-eds stir whispers of "vampire".

A perfectly creepy way for horror fans to kill a little time and another winner for Dan Padavona.
Rashmi
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Good ol' Old School Horror.
Brought back my teen years. Enjoyed this one in a single sitting (it's a very short book).

Story#3: One Autumn in Kane Grove:
(view spoiler)
Zach Bohannon
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesomely creepy short read!
Cheryl
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A collection of two short stories and an enticing preview of his novel Dark Vanishings which had me mesmerised.
The first story was extremely creepy for me - giant spiders?? Nope, nope, nope and nope! It sent shivers down my spine.
The second story is based around a University in a small town. When 3 women are killed in a gruesome manner whispers start about a "vampire" being loose. While this one is less visceral, you are left with a sense of dread & building tension following the story from
Tina
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dan Padavona is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, and this set of two short stories is a good example of why. The first takes us to an almost-deserted island; the second is a vampire story. (There's also a preview of his Dark Vanishings series.) Both stories are clever and suspenseful, though the second telegraph it's ending rather early. They're still a quick, worthwhile read that gives the reader a good idea of Padavona's style.
Reed Roberts
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love a good anthology and Dan Padavonas The Island: Tales of Terror does not disappoint. My favorite, well every single story was awesome. But I really enjoyed Island and One autumn in Kane Grove. The build up for each story was great. Definitely page turners. Island gave me the shiver! Again Padavona did not disappoint! ...more
Craig Wall
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two short, fun reads from the author of Storberry. Entertaining and well written. Recommended.
Becky Stephens
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, short_story
This mini collection of two short stories is delightfully creepy!

Spiders don't usually unsettle me. I'm in charge of spider catch and release at my house while my husband and teen sons run to hide in other rooms. However, the terrifying breed of spiders that this father and son stumble on in The Island does unsettle me. As this story unfolded, I cringed more and more.

The second short story, One Autumn in Kane Grove, is set on the campus of a small town university. The sense of dread gradually
Charles J Kilker
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Island

Actually this is two short stories. The first about giant aberrant spiders on an isolated islet and the second a vampire tale. For me the island was the best of the two. The vampire tale had potential but sort of left you hanging at the end. Still Dan Padavona is a major new force in the horror story genre.
Lucas M
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Trifecta of Effective Horror

All three tales are very different and should appeal to all horror fans. You've got creatures, slashers, and supernatural monsters. All of the stories had moments of supreme dread and suspense.
Gary Price
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I already have a fear of spiders but this story really scared my socks off. I can't imagine spiders as big as rats! It will be a long time before I go for a boat ride to an island. If you want to be scared then this is the story. I highly recommend this book.
Conny
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star-books
The Island 2 stars.
The second story, skipped it.
andy white
Aug 19, 2018

• I Am Elle
  • Elle Returns: The Sequel: A Psychological Thriller
  • Elle Unleashed: A Gripping Psychological Thriller with a Twist
  • Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)
  • The Ghostwriter
  • The Last Unicorn: The Lost Journey
  • Sara's Game (Sara Winthrop, #1)
  • Writers' Retreat: An Extreme Horror Novella
  • Usher's Passing
  • To Wake the Dead
  • The Owlmen: If They See You They Will Come For You
  • Brother
Author of the Darkwater Cove and Scarlett Bell series.

Want a free screen background? Please join my VIP thriller readers club at
www.danpadavona.com.

When you read one of my books I hope you feel like you are sitting around a campfire with me at midnight.

I was born and raised in Cortland, NY, not far from the Finger Lakes region. Today, I live outside of Binghamton, NY, with my wife, Terri, and our