Start by marking “Gentle Chains (The Eleyi Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Gentle Chains (The Eleyi Saga #1)

Gentle Chains

(The Eleyi Saga #1)

When slavers steal Juhan and his twin sister Chosi from their home planet of psychics, their only comfort is in the fact that they’re together. When they are separated at auction, Juhan swears to find his sister, no matter the cost.

Juhan is bought by the spoiled daughter of a political scion. Caught in her glittering world of intrigue and politics, Juhan is startled to fin
Published March 5th 2015 by A&A Literary

To ask other readers questions about Gentle Chains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gentle Chains

Start your review of Gentle Chains (The Eleyi Saga #1)
Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blog Tour Post: The Shadow Realm

4.5/5

I knew going in to this book that it would be a tough one to read. I knew that there would be aspects that would be hard to stomach and that it wouldn't be a light read. And god was I right. This book was so gut-wrenchingly heartbreaking, I think I was in tears for most of it. Andrews wrote a story that ripped out my heart and stomped all over it. Even days later, any time I think of it my stomach cramps up because it was just so upsetting.
A book may have a t
Jessica Nicole
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

Before we get to my review of this awesome book, we have a giveaway!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

This book is filling the category “You Heard About the Book Online” in my Full House Reading Challenge.

I’m so excited to be a part of this blog tour! I took a chance with this book (I had never heard of it, and there were zero ratings or reviews on good reads to inform my decision) and I was not disappointed.

Gentle Chains follows the story of one set of psychic Eleyi twins, Chosi and Juhan, as they are ki
Ethan Gregory
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*********************************************************************************
My Thoughts

I'm going to try to keep my thoughts on this one short. Nazarea Andrews has got to be one of the most versatile authors in the business right now. Romance, Horror, Mystery, Suspense, Fantasy, and now... Science Fiction. Nazarea Andrews: tackler of all the genres. Honestly folks, not only is Andrews able to write in a plethora of di
Maghon Thomas
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So, wow. I was not expecting so much dark, gritty, heartbreak. And who knew that people could fall in love with their captives. I won't lie, this is not your light and easy read. This is serious, completely heartwrenching. You see, if you were stolen, tortured, sold into slavery, across space, you wouldn't get a happy day either. I mean, I LOVED this story, and I can say this is a phenomenally written, fantastic story. And I'm a little devastated with that little cliff hanger. Goodness, I am dyi ...more
kelly {BookCrushin}
Shelves: new-adult
Spoiler-Free Review:

Rating: ★★★★☆

I was blown away by Gentle Chains. It was nothing like I was expecting. It was a fantastically written tale, spun with darkness and fantasy. This isn’t a lighthearted read, it is deep and at times heart wrenching. When I started reading this book I was expecting a standalone, but once I reached the end I knew there had to be more! I am not sure what hurt more the dark tale of slavery, torture and loss–or that crazy cliffhanger.

This sci-fi world that Nazarea And
Roxanne Kade
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this story. I knew it was set in a sci-fi, futuristic, fantasy world with interesting characters, with even more interesting names, but I wasn't quite expecting the beautiful but heartbreaking story that ripped apart two amazing characters, only to see them go from strength to strength as they learned to live in a world full of chaos and violence.

I was intrigued to see how both Chosi and Juhan would handle life in the unknown considering they were a gentl
Lindsay
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been putting off writing this review for as long as possible, but only because I knew there was no chance that I could do it justice! I’ll start off by saying that Gentle Chains is hands down my favorite book by Nazarea so far (though I haven’t read her World Without End series yet). It was everything I needed it to be and more. Action and adventure, names I have no chance of being able to pronounce correctly (so I just make it up as I go along), detailed world building, and as believable ...more
야일
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
As seen on Gaga Over Books for blog tour..

- I quite liked this and that ending has me surely curious about the final book Violent Freedom-- Loving the name by the way. And I am glad to know this is a duology.

- This book was told from the twins' perspective naturally. I was enjoying Chosi's narrative more because of her draken duties but then Juhan's narrative grew interesting as well after sometime.

- It was a quick read with enough violence and romance and friendship that was needed to keep me
Heather
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I have really enjoyed Nazarea's zombie series The World Without End and really looked forward to having a perusal of her latest release Gentle Chains.

Nazarea has a real talent at building worlds that are enjoyable to read about and also a world that you can fully immerse yourself in, Gentle Chains was about to head off planet to literally new worlds far far away!

Juhan and Chosi are twins, naturally very close they share more than just genetics, they share a psychic ability but they closeness
Alexandra
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Gentle Chains is a story set in a space opera/sci-fi background. Told by dual POV the story follows a brother and a sister as they are torn from each other and they try to survive on the hostile new enviroments they are thrown into.

I enjoyed the setting, the world building and the conflicts all the heroes got into in order to save those they love. Chosi and her powers are really amazing and I loved how she worked with the darken. Juhan and Sadi
Jan 24, 2015 marked it as wishlist
This. Book. Sounds. Amazing. Must. Read. It. Now.
Tina
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
GENTLE CHAINS focuses on the struggle of two siblings who have been captured, separated, and sold as slaves in different and dangerous lands. The question is how they will survive and what will happen to who they are if they do.

This book was pretty incredible. GENTLE CHAINS opens up a new world, filled with fantastical creatures, deadly situations, and plot twists you did not see coming. When I began reading this story, it took a moment to keep everything about the new world straight, allowing m
Julie Bryan
Great story

I loved this story. I usually read romances and wanted to try something else, and happened to pick up this book. I wouldn't call it a romance, more like fantasy. I liked that the roles were reversed, the woman is the gladiator and violent, the man is peace loving and goes another direction, although he grows throughout the book. The Eleyi are an interesting culture, and I can see where they could be hard to understand. The story keeps you on edge and interested. I don't like that it e
Belinda Avila
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cant wait until the next book!!!!
Nitza
Adina
Feb 25, 2015
SARIT
Feb 28, 2015
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.