Start by marking “Sanguine Mountain (Camazotz Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sanguine Mountain (Camazotz Trilogy, #1)

Sanguine Mountain

(Camazotz Trilogy #1)

Connie Phillips has never told a lie—until now.

An anonymous letter shatters the world Connie thought she knew and trusted. The news that her parents aren’t really her own leaves her angry, devastated and alone. The search for the truth leads her down a dark, desolate forest road where she meets a boy in the shadows who has secrets of his own.

Rockland’s life has been ruled
Published February 2015 by Jennifer Foxcroft

To ask other readers questions about Sanguine Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanguine Mountain

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasRed Queen by Victoria AveyardMermen by Mimi Jean PamfiloffAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
New Series (2015)
446 books — 1,299 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickThe Selection by Kiera CassFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Covers Ever
818 books — 645 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Sanguine Mountain (Camazotz Trilogy, #1)
Bookhog
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Must admit I get nervous trying new authors. I get so used to my old faithful storytellers and their styles. I saw this cover on FB and couldn't resist clicking to find out more. I just love this cover and it suits the story really well after reading it. So glad that I took the chance on this one. What a neat little original read. I devoured it over the weekend and was sad when I got to the last page. I want book two like NOW. Right now. I'm not joking.

Think I'm going to go back to the start and
Rachelle
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: get-rid-of-2019
Connie Phillips is in way over her head. Her parents aren’t her real parents, her best friend wants her to work at a wiener stand, and let’s not forget her new friend who just so happens to shift from a six-foot-four hunky man-boy to a much smaller vampire bat. What’s a girl to do with all of this going on?

There’s only one word that comes to mind when I think about the happenings in this book—awkward. But the awkward wasn’t all bad types of awkward. There was funny awkward, sad awkward, weird aw
Nissanmama
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, twimom227-blog
Sanguine Mountain’s title suggests a story of vampires and blood. There is blood, although very little, and there are vampire—bats. Neither Lestat nor Edward Cullen are sneaking in anyone’s windows. The only creatures of the night in this tale are actual bats. In a new take on the vampire myth, this is a much more Wild Kingdom approach to a teen love story.

Rockland or “Rocks” is descended from a centuries old culture called the Camazotz that was magically transformed into bats to evade and conqu
Stephanie Kaye (In Wonderland)
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Review first on In Wonderland

I'm so glad that Jennifer contacted me to see if I wanted to read this book for a review! I was pleasantly surprised with it. Jennifer's writing is beautiful. It's very well done. And even though she self-published, it looks and feels like it was published by a big time publisher! I loved that! And that cover, people it's perfect! It's different and unique. It's simply gorgeous.

It starts off with the main character, Connie Phillips. She's driving to a place she's nev
Stay
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone over age 13
Recommended to Stay by: My great beautiful daughter
One look at the title/cover and you have to wonder, what is this book about?

This story begins with main character Connie Phillips making a mess of her first attempt at finding her real parents, after discovering through a semi-anonymous letter she’s adopted. Her search literally leads her fumbling and stumbling upon a secret gathering of cursed humans.

From the start we see the depths of her pain for discovering she’s been lied to her entire life. She feels isolated, even though as an outsider l
Jennifer Reed
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the Author for an honest review.

SANGUINE MOUNTAIN is a sweet, fun read. I loved reading this book. The characters and story line are well-developed. Connie has always thought that her parents were her real parents. Until a letter shatters that bubble. Now she is determined to find her true Mom. She is driving to the last known place her true Mom once lived when she takes a wrong turn and is lost. Her car overheats and she has to find someone to help her out. No
Misty
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sanguine mountain is a good quick read that leaves you wanting the next book in the series. The book is well paced with likable characters. While big reveal is made quite early on, the author leaves much more to be discovered and learned through this elaborate world she has created. The history and legend for which this story is based is well thought out and told in detail to aid in setting a fantastic foundation. The character, Connie, is completely relatable as often times I could see my own 1 ...more
Megan Munro
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love me some good YA paranormal romance. Loved it! Total escape and easy, quick read.

Rockland is way cool -- my kinda book boyfriend. Tatts, waistcoats, old-fashioned gentleman manners, but has a darker edge to him within.

Am excited to read the next book in the series!
Kristyna
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sanguine Mountain, the debut novel by Jennifer Foxcroft, brought me so much joy. That’s the only way I can describe it because it was such a unique and exciting love story.

Foxcroft’s writing style was fun, fresh and witty. I loved the story’s concept and world-building.

I loved the main character Connie. She was hilarious. I loved her inner dialogue. I found myself laughing out loud, drawing stares from the disapproving audience at my house (My cat and Husband.) Rocks was a mysteriously attractiv
Sandra
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book immediately! If you have not picked it up yet I definitely recommend you do; you won't be disappointed. The love story, the paranormal aspect, the hot guys in this book is just perfection.

Our main character Connie has just received a letter telling her she is adopted and to not go looking for her birth parents, but like anyone Connie ignores the warning and goes looking for her birth mother. I loved Connie's character so much she's so independent and when she sets h
Juanita
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sasha Lynn
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5/5
I was very very pleased when I was able to read this book for A Month Of Indies. I loved this book. The characters were all really thought out and loveable. The main characters Rocks and Connie were both wonderful people and I was able to laugh and cry with them, though at times I thought they were being stupid. The plot and everything about the Camazotz is incredibly interesting and thought out. I thought that Connie's reaction to Rocks was appropriate and realistic.
The only thing I didn'
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rt-16, 2016
One of the best things about going to RT is meeting and learning about new authors. It is especially true for me with this book. I met and absolutely adored the author at RT, and I would have NEVER purchased this book otherwise. I'm so glad I did.

The first book in any series is hard because of the world building, but I found the world building in this book to be excellent. I felt comfortable with how the world worked, but didn't feel too overwhelmed with detail. If you're looking for a solid YA/
Amy
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun read but it did take me few chapters to get out of my adult head and let the story unfold. Rocks is an excellent book boyfriend with his dark good looks and old fashion manners, even with the tendency to flip himself into a bat. As a protagonist Connie takes a while to warm up to with her naïveté and all that teen angst. I think Jen left the ending open beautifully and it has a sharp enough hook to make me want that 2nd in the series!
Natalie
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It took a little to get into, but once I was, I really enjoyed it. Connie had a fun internal monologue and the world Rocks lived in was really interesting.
The worst part was that it was a cliffhanger and I have to wait for the next one to find out what happens! Can't wait!!
Marion Lam
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am now waiting with baited breath for the next book to be released!

I can't wait for my kids to read this and let their imaginations about bats run wild!

Great book from this author and a fantastic debut book. I can't wait for the next one.
Littleirish
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, fast and engaging right from the start. I love the incorporation of real mythology. But the real praise is that we have a teenage heroine that sounds and behaves like an actual teen and not some unrealistic amalgam. I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment. ...more
Carla Roehl-steinhaus
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed this book. Even though it seems more of a YA read to me than an adult read. It brought back memories to me and so I continued to read it. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy ...more
Janine Baroutsis
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Jennifer's debut novel for a long time, and it did not disappoint!

Rockland is my new fav book boyfriend with his old school manners and waistcoats!

Get writing Jen, I can't wait to read the rest of Rockland and Contessa's story! <3
Kat
Feb 19, 2015
Robert Trims
Feb 25, 2015
Jennifer Foxcroft
Feb 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Benjamin Shapiro
Tubz
Solmum
Mar 02, 2015
Jennifer Foxcroft writes young adult paranormal romance. For years, the crazy characters inside her head have plagued her waking hours. In 2013, she decided to start sharing the journeys her characters take her on and wrote her first novel for publication.

Jennifer adores animals of all shapes and sizes, so it’s no wonder her first series features shape shifters. A life long dream of hers is to tra

Camazotz Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sanguine Moon (Camazotz Trilogy, #2)
  • Camazotz Curse (Camazotz Trilogy #3)