Start by marking “Witch Hunt (Black Sorcery Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Witch Hunt (Black Sorcery Trilogy, #1)

Witch Hunt

(Black Sorcery Trilogy #1)

On a grey coastal holiday with her family, twenty-year-old Melissa Thames doesn’t expect much excitement - that is, before she goes into a dusty bookshop and buys a blank diary that turns out to be the most powerful book of black magic in existence. Her life turns upside down and inside out…

She’s kidnapped by a battle witch and her bodyguard, who claim she needs protection
Published November 11th 2014 by Lisa E. Parry (first published September 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Witch Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Hunt

Start your review of Witch Hunt (Black Sorcery Trilogy, #1)
Diane
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a big fan of this genre I've become quite discerning over the years and love to find a book that really deserves five stars and more. Witch Hunt is one of them and without a doubt one of my favourite books of 2014. No spoilers from me, just to say that plot and characters are first class as is the writing. I curled up for the weekend in front of the fire to read and don't feel at all guilty. Role on the next release in the series!
Zakir
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Robin Chambers
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel privileged to be able to herald the emergence of another gifted, kick-ass heroine! Lisa Parry has woven a story here of promisingly epic proportions.

This is the virtuoso first part of her Black Sorcery Trilogy, in which a powerful book of spells disguised as a blank diary is found by her unsuspecting, young-adult protagonist Melissa in a manner that reminded me of Bilbo ‘finding’ Gollum’s ring - it isn’t just wands that choose the wizard or the witch! No sooner has she acquired it than sh
Markjarvis
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me hooked from the beginning. As a debut novel it certainly ticks all the boxes. With a fast paced storyline, there was never a dull moment and I found myself compelled to turn the next page. If you’re looking for magic, adventure and action with a side order of romance then this is the book for you too!

The characters are realistic, enjoyable to read, and all so different. The chemistry between the main characters is engrossing and amusing at the same time. What a quirky team!

As
Emma
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action-packed story with interesting and unique characters.

The author does a very good job of making you care for the characters - in particular the main protagonist Melissa. Her journey takes many unusual turns along the way that makes the book hard to put down. The scenes with magic really showcased the authors imagination.

The book ends with a satisfying conclusion but also leaves you with enough threads to wonder where the story will go next.

A wonderful debut novel with a great mix of action
Louise
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book took me a while to read. I did like it but I didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I would but Im putting that down to my current mindset.

I really like the world building and the characters, the different types of magic as well was great.
Some of the desciptions did seem rather long and parts of the dialogue seemed off but other then that Id recommend this book to fans of Air Awakens.
I will properly do a re read of this book some time next year. Will I be getting the sequel? Maybe.
Leah
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, although I wasn't a fan of the romance. I half expected Melissa to end up with Anarch, the mysteriously sexy necromancer. There was no build up to her and Dorian's relationship and it felt so forced. There was more Melissa/Oliver and Melissa/Anarch than her and Dorian.
Arnild Aldepolla
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by the author for review, so I'll review it as honest as I could be.

This book is a lil bit too highscholie for me, but I do love how twisted it is. I thought it's just all about witches but nope, it's part of a society.

The story is started in a powerful book (it's a grimoire or book of black magic) if it's on a wrong hands it'll be so dangerous.

The protagonist Melissa went to a bookshop, she bought a blank journal and it turns out it's the book of black magic, she's the o
Melanie Ojeda
Mar 29, 2015
Cindy
Nov 27, 2016
Lisa
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Julia Conway
Craig Dean
Nicola Fantom
Mar 09, 2015
Originally from the Black Country, Lisa now resides in Staffordshire, England where she is working full time as a writer. Writing has always been her passion regardless of different career paths she has taken in the past. With a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Communication from the University of Wolverhampton, Lisa has been a Graphic Designer, Icon Designer and a Freelance Designer. Lisa has also ta ...more

Black Sorcery Trilogy (2 books)
  • Summoned (Black Sorcery Trilogy Book, #2)