Start by marking “Mid-Century Mayhem (Retro Romance Presents: Time Travel By Design, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mid-Century Mayhem (Retro Romance Presents: Time Travel By Design, #1)

Mid-Century Mayhem

(Time Travel by Design #1)

Book One in the Retro Romance Presents: Time Travel by Design

Modern day Nashville and 1950s Detroit clash worse than an IKEA futon and a plaid Barcalounger when a free-spirited interior designer and a strait-laced automotive engineer find themselves in another time. TOMS-wearing Olivia Haugen and Madras-shirted Kyle Daniels have no idea why they've ended up in 1954 Michiga
Published December 2014 by Firefly Press Books

To ask other readers questions about Mid-Century Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mid-Century Mayhem

Start your review of Mid-Century Mayhem (Retro Romance Presents: Time Travel By Design, #1)
Lindsey Nakamoto
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A vivid and enthralling adventure that will leave you feeling delightfully swept into another world!

A simple review could never do this exquisitely rich novel justice! The characters, story line, and imagery are masterfully woven together. Bella Street succeeds in taking her readers on a wild throw back ride into the retro world of the 50s! Bella Street’s flawless and unique rendition of modern day Nashville will make anyone want to visit the great Music City and find a musty old vintage shop f
BEV
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Too many questions - not enough answers

Good beginning to a series with interesting characters (I loved Lucille Ball) but too many unanswered questions. I realize this is just the beginning of a series but would have liked more background. Still, I would definitely recommend this book to others - especially if you love time travel.
Sandie Parrish
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mid-Century Mayhem

I have fallen in love with the writings of Bella Stteet!! In this one she manages to get two people back to 1954 unknown to each other and they went separately! They started in Nashville in 2014 and go to Detroit in 1954 very confused and uncertain of how to get back. Their adventures are many and enjoyable only to the reader. I hope you also enjoy this book.
Patricia
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
Olivia was an unkind person who spoke so harshly that normally I would not have stayed with the book. However, I did keep going. There were some funny spots but, until reading the last chapter, I had decided not to read on in the series. But now I am.
Amy Bull
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Great story. Love the Nashville setting, since I'm native. Can't wait to read next book. Have read all of her books. This is my favorite! ...more
Cassandra
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking goodness!!! You did NOT end it like that... I was actually holding my breath and gasped after that last page! Whoa. I can't wait to read what happens next. Hopefully the second book won't be a long wait.

You just get sucked right into these stories. Such a vulnerable state to be swallowed into a different time, not knowing anyone, nowhere to go, no idea what is going on... So much action and suspense! I love all these time-travel stories. They are all packed full of emotion and yo
Diana
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wow!!! What an adventure, I loved this story.

Wow this book just drew me right into it from the start. I love the fact that the character, Olivia Haugen is an interior designer, so popular right now with all the TV shows, very easy to relate too.

Another thing that got me hooked was the fact that she is in Nashville and ends up in Detroit 1954, what gets me there is that my Dad is from Detroit and I knew what they were talking about. I also love the Mid-Century look as well and also thought it sh
Joanne Renaud
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun, witty and unpredictable little time travel adventure. Check out my review on Dear Author! ...more
cynthia black
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun time travel romance

This was a surprisingly well written romantic novel. It held my attention while hurtling through the adventure back in time. A thoroughly fun and enjoyable read.
Karen
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This has a good plot and fun characters. i did feel the 50s and the characters there were a little stereotyped. People did wear jeans then and some women did work outside the hope. But the buildup to the loss of the necklace was very well done--lots of suspense and mystery.
Tiffany
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazingly good! I loved it!!! It was funny, harrowing in some places, and nerve-racking in others. Overall, this was an awesome book.
Clare Havens
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bella Street is the Queen of Time Travel! This is my favourite of her books so far and I can't wait to read the next in the series! ...more
Susan
Nov 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Because of various incidents Olivia Haugen and Kyle Daniels find themselves back in 1954
Rachael
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Much is unresolved . . . very definitely the start of a series. But it was an amusing, light read. As more books follow, it could pick up a good bit of momentum and make for a fun series.
Jean
Ashaley Lenora
Mar 30, 2018
Danielle
Jan 15, 2016

• Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • A Witch in Time (Cat's Paw Cove, #1)
  • Red Dirt Heart Imago (Red Dirt #4.5, Imago #2.5)
  • Pretty (Femme Fox, #1)
  • Beautiful (Femme Fox, #2)
  • The Imperfect Psychic: A Dubious Death (The Imperfect Psychic Cozy Mystery Series—Book 1)
  • Gorgeous (Femme Fox, #3)
  • Imagines (Imago, #2)
  • Imago (Imago, #1)
  • A Fateful Twist of Love
  • A Wallflower's Darling Lord: A Historical Regency Romance Book
  • Sunshine & Shadows
  • Next Guy Through The Door: A shy girl alpha male romance novella
  • A Whisker's Breadth (Reg Rawlins, Psychic Investigator #9)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Gnome for Christmas: A Festive Short Mystery (Coffee Break Cozies)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries #1)
  • The Lady Seals Her Fate (The Langley Sisters, #5)
Bella Street writes romance with a touch of weird, and so naturally lives in Nashville.

Time Travel by Design (3 books)
  • Gothic Revival (Time Travel By Design, #2)
  • Regency Requiem (Time Travel By Design, #3)

News & Interviews